Slight lapse of concentration by the assistant there.

By slight, I mean, 2 month's worth.

View attachment 224568

Keano moves quick to secure new assistant!!

View attachment 224567

I had to move quick to replace Wolfe with a new assistant manager as the first game of the season is in the next few days!

I decided to stick to hiring an Irish assistant who knows the league well.
O'Connor Played his entire career with Galway United before taking up his first assistant job at Mervue United.

After speaking to O'Connor it is clear that we both like to play a 4-4-2 formation and close down quickly. His attacking style will give us invaluable input when we decide to go with our 4-4-1-1 pressing tactic.

View attachment 224566

He has great ability in judging players current ability along with being able tell if a player has what it takes to develop into a valuable player for the club.

He will be fantastic for giving us match reports on opposition players.

Lastly, I am once again happy to welcome him to the club and hope we have a long and successful working relationship!

Guys, let me know what you think of the appointment...good or bad?

View attachment 224588
Season 3

March Update

The season rolls around again for my 3rd year in charge of my boyhood club Cobh Ramblers.

The lads and I are ready for the fixtures ahead, we are confident that if we play to our potential we can definitely finished higher than last season...avoiding injuries will be key though!!

View attachment 224587

League

We have Galway as our first game this season, they have just been promoted so hopefully we can start off strongly and build upon the win!

Galway United
View attachment 224586
Fantastic!!! Rafter starts off with a hat-trick!

Murphy red carded which is unfortunate.

Bohemians
View attachment 224584
BOOM! 2-1..another great win!

Rafter scores a brace.....5 goals in his first 2 games.

Bray Wanderers
View attachment 224582
FRUSTRATING!!! We did not deserve that...

We gave away a terrible penalty!

Shelbourne
View attachment 224580
Unlucky to concede in the last 10 minutes!

Yadolahi scores his first goal for the goal.

Rafter with another!!

Munster Senior Cup Qtr Final

Waterford United
View attachment 224577
View attachment 224578
View attachment 224576

I decided to kick things off with our new 4-4-1-1 pressing formation!

What a win!!

Took us until extra time be we managed it.

League Cup 1st Round

Wexford Youths
View attachment 224575
View attachment 224574
View attachment 224573

We went back to our 4-4-2 long ball tactic.

It didn't work at all..

Our youth Kearney got on the score sheet but we were poor!

Summary

Well we started off extremely well in the league! 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. 7/12 points.

New assistant has been brilliant in providing accurate opposition reports which has led to us being able to set better!!

Rafter is playing out of his skin at the moment, 7 goals this month. We were lacking goals from our strikers last season so great to see this.

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 224572
Michael Rafters
6 Games 7 Goals

Well it could have been anyone else, could it? He has been fantastic for us so far...long may it continue.

View attachment 224562
Season 3

League Table

View attachment 224561

So I didn't think we'd be sitting 2nd after the first month..

Although, we have currently played 1 to 2 more games than a lot of the other teams so cant get too excited!

Munster Senior Cup

View attachment 224560

After overcoming Waterford in the quarter finals we now come up against rivals Cork.

They trashed us at this point last season in the cup so it would be great to get some revenge.

League Cup

View attachment 224559

Another year, another knock out in the first round!

We just haven't had any luck in this competition.

View attachment 224558
Season 3

April Update

After a positive month of March, I am keen to see more of the same.

We have 7 league games this month along with a Semi-final of the Munster cup against Cork....staying injury free will be key this month.

View attachment 224542

League

7 games in the league this month which include clubs huge clubs like Derry, Cork and Dundalk!

Cork City
View attachment 224557
We got lucky but a win is a win...they had double the amount of shots than us!

Rafter with another.

Dundalk
View attachment 224555
This 4-4-2 long ball just isn't working any more...may need to change to my new 4-4-1-1 tactic if this continues.

League leaders trash us in shots and possession.

Shamrock Rovers
View attachment 224553
Defender Cantwell scores from a corner to get us the win.

Sligo Rovers
View attachment 224549
Boring game for the neutrals...but Cantwell played out of his skin with his defensive qualities.

They had 29 chances on goal!

Derry City
View attachment 224551
Not a chance...we got hammered in all stats!

Longford
View attachment 224547
We finally switch to our 4-4-1-1 pressing formation and manage a strong 3-1 wing with a lot more shots and possession.

Turner, right winger, scored his first for the club.

St. Pat's Athletic
View attachment 224541

Our best youth prospect (Kearney, attacking midfielder) scored a brace, including a fantastic free kick. He is still only 17 years old!!

Munster Senior Cup Semi-Final

Cork City
View attachment 224545
View attachment 224544
View attachment 224543

Sticking with our 4-4-1-1 pressing tactic we managed to give as good as we got throughout.

It went to penalties and we scored all 5 with Cork missing their last!

Through to the final.

Summary

Another positive month for us with 4 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses.

Jon Kearney scored a brace and assisted a few as he seems to fit into the 4-4-1-1 formation perfectly as an attacking midfielder.

Through to the final of the Munster Senior Cup!

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 224538
Jon Kearney
6 games - 2 goals 2 assists

Kearney has been immense this month sitting in the AMC position when we played our 4-4-1-1 pressing tactic.

View attachment 224539

One of his goals included this beauty of a free kick against St.Pats Athletic.

Last edited:
View attachment 224530
Season 3

Injury table

Unfortunately our new right winger, who been mainstay in the team so far, got injured in training and will be out for nearly 2 months!

View attachment 224528

Kenny, our backup right winger, will need to come in and start performing at a higher level until Ian Turner returns!

I have been a lot luckier this season with injuries but it is still early days..

View attachment 223160
Season 3

May Update

The month of May holds 5 league games and a cup game to keep us busy!

View attachment 223158

League

Tough month ahead with league leaders Dundalk and giants Derry among the fixtures.

Galway United
View attachment 223157
Frustrating..the game was basically 50/50. We just couldn't take our chances!

Darren Murphy out for 1 month!! Oh come on...

Bohemians
View attachment 223155
Nice victory!! But it comes at the cost of our player Jon Kearney..

Kearney scored another freekick!

Kearney injured for 1 month...This is going downhill

Bray Wanderers
View attachment 223153
What a bore of a game..

Dundalk
View attachment 223151
Knew this would be a tough game..the best in the league best us comfortably.

Rocks finally ended his goal drought!

Cork City
View attachment 223149
That's what I'm talking about!!!

Rafter getting a brace over our Rivals!

Senior Challenge Cup 2nd Round

Swilly Rovers
View attachment 223147
View attachment 223146
View attachment 223145

Poor...Poor...Poooor!

Yeah we got the win but it took 85 minute to get the winner.

Nice to see Meade take advantage of his opportunity though.

Summary

2 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw in the league this month. Disappointing.
We tend to go downhill the moment our Ball winner Darren Murphy gets injured!

Currently have an injury list growing big time but luckily most should be due back in a week or two.

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 223144
Niel Yadolahi

Neil had a superb month for us, getting 2 man of the match awards along with scoring a volley from a corner in the Cork game.

He was brought in on a free transfer to play cover to Dempsey but he has managed to take a starting 11 spot recently!

Bit up & down but a massive win over Cork, surely that'll put a smile on Roy's face?

View attachment 223142
League Table

View attachment 223141

We somehow find ourselves in 2nd place in the league, in between Dundalk and Derry...yet we have lost 5 games and they have only lost 1.

Derry and 4th place Sligo Rover's have 2 games in hand so we could slip down the table.

Dundalk have run away with the league in 1st and I;m sure nobody has a chance of catching them..I'd be over the moon to sit in 2nd all season!​

View attachment 223140
Injury woes..

View attachment 223138

Going into a new month, we assess how last month treated us!

The loss of 3 KEY players and a further 1 the month before has hindered our progress...

Thankfully they will return to action within a week, in time for our next fixture, thankfully not until the 2nd week of June.

Side note..I am getting increasingly concerned over Darren Murphy. He is no doubt out best midfielder but he is extremely injury prone and his attributes are suffering because of it...I will have to try better manage him.

View attachment 223132
Season 3

June Update

Quite a relaxed month in terms of the number of fixtures but we have got a cup final to win so we need to be at our best!

View attachment 223128

League

Only a single fixture this month in the league agaisnt the Shamrocks.

Welcome back Murphy, Kearney, O'Connor and Turner..basically our entire midfield, from injury.

Shamrock Rovers
View attachment 223127

Boring draw...I expect better! Going with our 4-4-1-1 pressing tactic did not work today..Kearney didn't have the best game in AMC.

Although, I must say it is nice to see we keep another clean sheet. Definitely a huge improvement on last season.

Munster Senior Cup Final

Mervue United
View attachment 223131
View attachment 223130
View attachment 223129

Sticking to our long ball 4-4-2 we managed to dominate with our right winger Turner scoring!

Defender Yodahali also scored!

CUP WINNERS!!

Summary

We managed to win the Munster Cup again for the 2nd time in 3 seasons. Great achievement but it now means we can try and take that form into the league and push on!

Cobh Ramblers POTM
View attachment 223125
Ian Turner
2 games: 1 goal 1 assist.

Turner, just back from a 2 month injury scored and assisted in his first game back to help us win the cup .

No internet in my new place yet, will commence updates in the next few days.

Should get to the end of the season in the next update session.

Wahhh still no internet. On a more serious note, broadband providers are a joke!

**** broadband bastards! Just had a week without myself, so feel your pain. Was loving this too!

Yeah not moving house again! Ever.

I've been told everything will be up and running tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. Then hopefully get this story back on track.