View attachment 226101
End of Season Clear-out..

View attachment 226100

Most noticeable players released are:

Starting Goalkeeper - Browne
Backup Goalkeeper - Hickey
Backup Right Back - Frahill
Backup Right Winger - McCarthy

It is always sad when you have to go tell a player that they dont have a future at the club and they will be released when their contract expires. We needed to take off some of the financial burden from the club and unfortunately sacrifices have to be made.

A few other player's contract have expired but will stay on a month by month basis, such as:

Striker - Conor Meade (Even though has has been injury prone)
Left winger - Goldsmith

Rowlands Announces retirement

View attachment 226099

View attachment 226098 View attachment 226097

I tried to convince him to reconsider which he did but in the end decided the best thing for him would be to retire.

A shame, he was a good backup who could be relied upon. Good luck in the future, Rowlands.

Let the rebuilding process begin..

View attachment 226105
Season 3

Season Expectations

We roll around again to another yearly meeting to discuss the season expectations. The board and myself are still reeling at the fact that we stayed in the Premier Division!

View attachment 226104

I think the board may be starting to embrace the insanity....they boost my wage budget from 2.5k to over 7k!!

The club is in a bad financial way so I cant explain why the board are doing this but I am not going to complain.

I dont see too much of a benefit to choosing anything but 'Avoid Relegation' again this season.

Board Request

I thought as the club were so generous with wages, I'd ask about maybe relaying the pitch as it is like a pig pen at the moment which isn't helping all the injuries we are having lately.

View attachment 226103

DENIED.. we are now 2 for 2 in denied board requests.

Take back my wage budget if that helps...F*CK this is frustrating, my players are getting injured out there playing on a surface that isn't fit for purpose!!

View attachment 226102

I understand the club are in a bad way and I can respect that...I just want what's best for my players!

Good stuff Disco - just caught up with this. Keano's going great!

Now for the rebuilding process! Might tempt some better talent with that wage budget!

Shame the board doesn't seem to be able to cope with the requests :(

but superb job by Keane anyways ;)

Now for the rebuilding process! Might tempt some better talent with that wage budget!
I am tempted but I'm in two minds!

A: I could sign better players with a higher wage or chuck the wage into transfer and buy some great players for 100k plus (like Cantwell was unreal last season and he cost £160k).

B: The club is in a bad financial state so I considering going for quality frees on low wages in order to allow the club to save money.

First option allows me to to save money and gives me the best chance of the club accepting to go professional. Second option allows us the chance to push for Europe BUT if we fail that, we are in big big trouble and the club could go into administration with how much they would be losing a month.

What do you think?

Shame the board doesn't seem to be able to cope with the requests :(

but superb job by Keane anyways ;)

Much appreciated dude. Feel free to offer any feedback on the above scenario/Questions also.

View attachment 225489

Season 3

Preseason - Team Meeting

It is great to welcome the guys back from their holidays. We carried out our yearly preseason meeting, I an keen to ensure the lads know that I'm expected to go beyond 'avoid relegation' this season; if we can get a few players in there is a chance we could finish higher than last season!
View attachment 224834
It is great the majority of the team are approving and excited at the aspect of pushing middle table this season! Of course there is always a few who disagree...lets see if extra training and a warm sub bench changes their mind!?

I've allow tried to boost the morale of the backup players by telling them that there are 4 new positions up for grabs!

With the departure of 11 players last month, including 4 of lasting year's starters, we are going to have to ensure we get 4 quality players in to replace them...either the back-up players step up or we bring in new faces.

View attachment 225483

As you can see, our Ball winner Murphy isn't rated as highly as last season due to his long term injury last season which resulted in some attributes dropping. Saying that, he is still the best option we have in that position and one of the best players we have at the club.

I am torn between spending our 7k p/w wages (currently spending 2.5k) in order to push push Europe or signing the highest quality frees available on cheap wages which will allow the board to save a lot of money this season...which may be enough for them to go professional!

Decisions decisions..

My gut is telling me it is far too early to even try and push Europe against the big dogs. We NEED that professional status!

Last edited:
Call me boring, but I would definitely stay responsible financially rather than bet everything on European success...

View attachment 224833
Season 3

Transfers

We have just over £5k in wages available this window...which for a team like Cobh Ramblers, that is massive; considering out highest paid player is on £495 a week and the rest are on less than £190.

As I have stressed over the past few diary entries is that although money has been made available, I was stuck between investing that money or saving it until next year and hoping the board have enough money to go professional.

View attachment 224832

In the end, I shifted a small amount, about 1k wages, into transfers in order to bring in one quality player as there was no quality right wingers available on a free.

Now, to introduce the new players....

Micheal Schlingermann - Goalkeeper
Fee: FREE
View attachment 224831
I think we have done fantastic by bringing a player of Michael's quality to the club on a free transfer.

He is a big upgrade on our previous number one goalkeeper, Browne, who left the club last month.

Neil Yadolahi - Central Defender
Fee: FREE
View attachment 224830
Neil will fight it out will Dempsey for the starting position beside Cantwell this season.

We managed to recruit him on a free and only on a £90 a week contract. He will definitely play his part this season.

Ian Turner - Right Winger
Fee: £65k
View attachment 224829
Ian is the only player we actually spent any money on this window. McCarthy left upon the expiry of his contract which left Kenny as the number one right winger.

Turner will slot straight into the starting position, Kenny will fight with him for game time this season!

Frustration this window...
I have been extremely frustrated not to be able to bring in a quality striker to partner Rafter this season (Due to Meade and Rocks not performing too well last season).

The only striker I came across, on a free, that was of slightly higher quality of Rocks/Meade wanted a 3 year contract at £400 a week...he was 29! After a season, I'd probably want to replace him so not worth it.

I decided to risk it and go with Meade,/Rocks and Rafter upfront again this season, lets hope we they can score a little more this season!!

Upon advice from a former Limerick manager (Coolmcool), I've trimmed the squad down quite a bit to save money!

As mentioned previously, we left a lot of players go this season, they are listed below (You'll notice a few 1st teamers last season!):

View attachment 224828

After releasing a lot of players this season and only bringing in 3 players, 2 frees and and using 1k wage budget to bring in the 3rd, budget is still looking healthy...I dont plan on using any more of it though.

View attachment 224827

I'm hoping the decision, to not spend the money provided by the club, pays off at the end of the season!

We need to go professional before we can seriously think about pushing toward Europe..

View attachment 224826
Season 3

Tactics

Well last season was a bit of a mix in regards to our main 4-4-2 tactic.

On one hand, we finished above expectations and our main defender Cantwell got the highest blocks in the league. Waters, our playmaker, also had the 2nd highest key passes.

On the other hand, we were not even in the top 5 for goals scored. Rafter and Rocks managed a total of about 20 goals last season which is poor.

Tactic 1
View attachment 224825

Of course I will still be keep our trusty dirty long ball 4-4-2 tactic but with a few tweaks this season to hopefully improve on the amount of goals scored!

Tactic 2
View attachment 224824

But this season I've decided to finally create a second tactic this season which should allow for us to carve out a few more changes with rafter upfront to finish them!

I went with a 4-4-1-1 with the likes of Murphy playing a ball winning role in midfield along side Waters.

I may try using our latest youth player Jon Kearney in the attacking mid position to provide the ball to Rafter.

View attachment 224821
Season 3

Preseason...or not!

Soo...it seems my assistant manager, who is in charge of setting up our preseason games forgot to arrange any this season.

Before I knew it, the first game of the season was approaching.

View attachment 224818

Is he taking the F*cking ****?!

View attachment 224817
Season 3

Starting 11

Well we didn't have a preseason so I only had training sessions to judge who was ready to be part of the starting 11!

View attachment 224816

GK - Schlingermann, newly signed this season, will be our number 1 this season.
View attachment 224815

LB/RB - Finnegan takes the LB position. RB is filled by Kelly.
View attachment 224814 View attachment 224813

CD - Cantwell is the mainstay defender. Dempsey will line-up beside him.
View attachment 224812 View attachment 224811

LM/RM - O'Connor will continue to take the left wing position. New signing Turner will take the right wing position.
View attachment 224810 View attachment 224809

CM - Murphy retains his ball winning role while Waters remains our key playmaker for another season.
View attachment 224808 View attachment 224807

ST - Rafter will be our main striker. Meade will start ahead of Rocks but they will fight to play alongside Rafter.
View attachment 224806 View attachment 224805

Youth Players to keep an eye on this season...

Jon Kearney
Position: CM/AMC
View attachment 224804

Kearney will definitely get some playing time this season. He is already good enough to play backup to Waters!

Bobby Frost
Position: DC
View attachment 224803
Frost came through our first season's youth intake. He isn't anything special but his determination and work rate bodes well for him...he may be able to do something this season if we are injury stricken at the back.​

View attachment 224801
Season 3

League Schedule

View attachment 224800

We kick off against one of the promoted teams Galway...a good chance to get off to a great start!

If we could manage a win we could definitely push on against the likes of Bohemians and Bray wanderers!

I'm definitely hoping that we can push beyond last year's 8th place finish..we will need to be at our best against every team, no slacking at all!!

Big season ahead, wonder if the Assistant will keep his job :p

Currently debating that myself...will have to see how the results go. I wont be happy if we pick up stupid injuries due to fitness problems! haha

Interesting Story! *** man definitely made an *** of himself, kick his **** out of the door!:D