I know this isn't as bad as some of the others in this thread, but considering the quality of my front line I kinda feel I should of scored at least one :p. The opposition keeper only got a rating of 7.4, he didn't have to do much as every shot my players took was either over or directly at him. There was even one when Henry had an entire open goal apart from one corner after the ball was squared to him, only to put it straight to the keeper who was on the far side of the goal. If he'd shot anywhere else it was a dead certain goal.

It's football: you win some, you lose some. That's what makes it so realistic.

I know, it's just annoying when my strikers miss the easiest chances like the one I mentioned in the post. It couldn't have been any easier, he had the whole goal to aim at it's not what I call a rushed shot, there was no-one near him. You cannot say that is realistic, especially when it's Henry. 7 clear cut chances, all CAUGHT by the goal keeper, so bad was the finishing from Henry, Messi and Ibrahimovic. Not once was he even once forced to make a decent save from them.
And in the last minute, they hit the bar from 40 yards.

I know, I'm not denying i've had my head in my hands! But I feel the game wouldn't be as good if you didn't have to go through those excruciating misses on your way to success (hopefully! :))

I think a large part is down to the defenders. I've noticed in this game, defenders are very static in their movements. Forwards will find it very easy to escape their marking as they don't pick up their runs. A sudden diagonal run across the box and the forwards will get their 1 v 1 chance. But I think in order to improve the realism in the game, SI has made the keepers godly or strikers finishing ability poor(I don't know which) because quite frankly, with those chances I'd easily finish many of my games with double figure goals.

Well the missed chances is defiantly a problem at the moment but so is the fact that I have nearly 15+ chances every game. What's even more annoying is the fact that after I missed 10 good chances the opposition scores from a corner or one of my defenders makes a stupid mistake and we go 0:1 down and have to fight until the last minute to get a draw.

Another thing that absolutely annoys me is the fact that after I follow my assistants advice and praise a players recent form it nearly guaranteed that he will play like absolute **** in the next game. Even my scouts lie to me all the time telling me a player should fit in well with the rest of the team and stuff like that and I before every game in the advice screen it states "xx seams to have serious problems blending into the team" or so.

From now on I don't listen to any assistant advice any more they are pure **** even the best of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest problem along with the absurd clear chances is the utterly retarded decision making by players. The number of times a player is 35 yards from goal with options either side but instead roars insanely and smashes it 10 meters over the bar even if he has pass not shoot and long shots on rarely is mad. Or something that just happened to me playing Everton where Yakubu headed the ball forward to nobody and reina ran way out of his box to head it straight at yakubu who simply lobbed him. I love the game and live for the moments when all is going well but if I'm going to concede then please any other way then that.

Last edited:
I think we have to accept that, at the moment, the match engine is well and truly broken...

just a quick look at the change-list for the 11.2 patch demonstrates that.

as it stands right now I have my full-backs getting dragged into the middle to close down the strikers leaving the opposition winger in acres of space and an easy pass for said striker; my centre-backs are getting dragged to the winger, leaving space for centre-mids to run into; 3 men seem to get dragged to the ball at all times leaving 2 men unmarked and in acres of space; set-pieces are a joke, both ways... I fear corners against because no matter how much match-prep on defending set-pieces I almost always concede at least one per game to a set-piece yet can hardly score from them myself.

I'd love to know how you guys have managed to get a 'solid defence' because mine, which was solid last season, is now leaking goals like nobody's business and nothing I do seems to be able to make a difference! I can't buy a clean-sheet for love nor money and now my two main strikers are injured I can't score either...

19 games unbeaten including a win against L2 Torquay for my BSP Eastleigh has now turned into a run of defeats that I can't seem to halt... I concede every game, with the exception of 2 against weaker opposition during the 19 game run, and the goals are ALL avoidable, bar none!

edit:

so I keep a clean sheet in the very next game.. and score two to boot! But there were only 3 recognised first-team players in the starting 11 plus a 4th who has played a lot of games due to form/injuries. None of the defence including the GK were "first-team" players... I should have dropped them all sooner!! :p

Last edited:
I think we have to accept that, at the moment, the match engine is well and truly broken...

just a quick look at the change-list for the 11.2 patch demonstrates that.

as it stands right now I have my full-backs getting dragged into the middle to close down the strikers leaving the opposition winger in acres of space and an easy pass for said striker; my centre-backs are getting dragged to the winger, leaving space for centre-mids to run into; 3 men seem to get dragged to the ball at all times leaving 2 men unmarked and in acres of space; set-pieces are a joke, both ways... I fear corners against because no matter how much match-prep on defending set-pieces I almost always concede at least one per game to a set-piece yet can hardly score from them myself.

I'd love to know how you guys have managed to get a 'solid defence' because mine, which was solid last season, is now leaking goals like nobody's business and nothing I do seems to be able to make a difference! I can't buy a clean-sheet for love nor money and now my two main strikers are injured I can't score either...

19 games unbeaten including a win against L2 Torquay for my BSP Eastleigh has now turned into a run of defeats that I can't seem to halt... I concede every game, with the exception of 2 against weaker opposition during the 19 game run, and the goals are ALL avoidable, bar none!

edit:

so I keep a clean sheet in the very next game.. and score two to boot! But there were only 3 recognised first-team players in the starting 11 plus a 4th who has played a lot of games due to form/injuries. None of the defence including the GK were "first-team" players... I should have dropped them all sooner!! :p

errr, its fm10 :S