Safe Standing.

Geordieboy123

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many fans would welcome safe standing in the top two tiers of English football? Seeing as polls on Talksport and a poll conducted by FSF have seen it been voted massively in favour.

If you do agree with it (Like myself) please sign this petition.

http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safestanding.php?page=sign&id=

And if you don't hopefully i can post a few links which will persuade you. :)

PS: Check your email after you sign the petition as I believe you have to verify it.

Last edited:
Aren't Villa meant to be planning something like this for next season? or was it another team?

Would be a class idea, works in Germany, even though i stand at games anyway ;)

Would bring alot of home signing back without a doubt, im massivly on bored.

Would be a class idea, works in Germany, even though i stand at games anyway ;)

Would be a stupid* idea.

And I'm reporting your "klanfield" comment. If I can't have "not racist, only hate mancs" in mine then it's only fair.

Yes. I'd love safe standing areas back in the Premier League & Championship.

We used to have a small standing area at Home Park, but FA rules meant after 3 years in the Championship our stadium had to be all-seater; We did put some seats in there but we couldn't afford them and part of the stand is now empty and looks awful. Normally I stand up at Argyle anyway- Where my seat is, by the end of the match, everyone around me is stood up and trying to generate an atmosphere so I agree standing does generate more an atmosphere. Of course, it has to be safe though. At Exeter's away end, when about 1500 were in their standing area, there was barely any room to breathe and I wouldn't class that as safe.

Can you explain why you think it would be a stupid idea?

Gladly.

#1 - What's wrong with the current stadiums? If you don't get enough 'atmosphere' then your fans are **** or you don't drink enough before the game.
#2 - After all this past disasters that have occurred why take the risk?
#3 - How is 'safe' standing in any way different to just normal standing?

http://www.bristolcityst.org.uk/pdf/What%20are%20rail%20seats%20PDF%20-%20final.pdf The main problem is people who want to stand, can't stand. You end up with small groups of ''standers'' within groups of people sitting down and vice versa, so it eliminates conflict there.

There is no risk to take. With rail seats ( which is what's suggested for England) there is no risk. Read the link for infomation.
Atmosphere will and does improve with standing. You can't clap probably sitting down! Let alone create real atmosphere

Gladly.

#1 - What's wrong with the current stadiums? If you don't get enough 'atmosphere' then your fans are **** or you don't drink enough before the game.
#2 - After all this past disasters that have occurred why take the risk?
#3 - How is 'safe' standing in any way different to just normal standing?

Forgot to quote you. Not sure if you get a notification otherwise.

I would love to see it back, as long as it can be safe. Standing areas have been the main reason for many ground disasters, and unless they can deem safe, and stop fans from getting...'over-excited' in there, I cannot see it going ahead.

I would love to see it back, as long as it can be safe. Standing areas have been the main reason for many ground disasters, and unless they can deem safe, and stop fans from getting...'over-excited' in there, I cannot see it going ahead.

Have you read the link two posts above? I completely understand a apprehensive reaction but modern ticketing prevents overcrowding, as it's done electronically and you can't throw your ticket over a wall to a mate. And it's not a return to heaving terraces but controlled standing.

Have you read the link two posts above? I completely understand a apprehensive reaction but modern ticketing prevents overcrowding, as it's done electronically and you can't throw your ticket over a wall to a mate. And it's not a return to heaving terraces but controlled standing.
Yes, I read them, but I am merely stating my opinion on it. I am all for it, nothing like standing in the cold watching you favourite team, after travelling across England and Wales watching my local team when I lived in UK, I know which I prefer.

If I'm not mistaken, there's standing areas in some lower league stadiums which seems reasonably successful. However last year, there was a cup match, and in one of the areas, there was an almighty crush which made conditions very uncomfortable for some fans at the match (of the top of my head I can't remember where it was-trying to find out). I can see it coming back at some point though-there's already stadium designs to keep fans seperate anyway to prevent trouble. I still feel uncomfortable about the idea though. If it does come back in, I pray to god it's policed and stewarded properly.

Agree with this, but at Wolves the weekend, and mostly other games, The south bank (behind the right goal>) stands up all game anyway, despite the attempts of stewards...

Yes, I read them, but I am merely stating my opinion on it. I am all for it, nothing like standing in the cold watching you favourite team, after travelling across England and Wales watching my local team when I lived in UK, I know which I prefer.

I agree with you, i sound like a bit of arrogant muppet saying'' Have you read the link two posts above?'' didn't mean to come across that way. I remain hopeful it can be introduced ASAP, but also can't see it coming back for at least 5 years. And not at all without pressure, which luckily is being implied.

Back