Saint George's Academy - An England Youth Challenge

As Cai say it does indeed. Think England have a rivalry of 60 (out of 100) with Wales, and higher with Scotland, Germany and Argentina.

Good to know the feeling is mutual between the two nations ;)

Like you said, it's vital for tutors. This is something I thought about. If I didn't give so many coaches could of had Player/Coaches. I don't mind a few oldies, in reality a coach can easily mentor an individual, something FM doesn't offer, so the ability to do this through a few older players seems fine to me. Plus the rule was "try and replace for a place in the team" I don't really think Michael Brown or Alex Revell are going to start every game for you, and as such take up a place.
Haha, gonna have to start again now, game crashed, had too many league loaded i think (60leagues + 205k players), maybe a bit too much for the challenge, but I like having alot of players loaded ;) (it's good for international management.

Will be starting again tonight

Started again...

Managing England U19s aswell, to work my way into England job quicker (hopefully)
Should also build reputation quicker, helping to attract better english players in the future.

Good challenge but needs work in the editing just finished a season and there are some problems m8,

first off St george isn't in any of the cups even when i got promoted still wasn't eligible

The expectations are very high, minimum expectation when getting promoted was mid table with the squad you have put very harsh I would lower the rep,

Finances are tough also you cant really spend without FFP getting involved, not to mention you need to give everyone loads of contracts

Its a great idea but could do with a few tweaks!

great challenge and really enjoying it but the league cup doesnt seem to be happening on my save and im not sure why.

Very odd. Does the FA cup? I only replaced Yeovil with the side, I didn't create anything else so can't understand this at all.

To Do List:

Decrease Rep
Increase incoming Finances (10mil extra a year?)
Sort out this cup issue.

Very odd. Does the FA cup? I only replaced Yeovil with the side, I didn't create anything else so can't understand this at all.

To Do List:

Decrease Rep
Increase incoming Finances (10mil extra a year?)
Sort out this cup issue.

Changed a few things for my save, thought you could save yourself some time ;)
View attachment 377190

Finances are tough also you cant really spend without FFP getting involved, not to mention you need to give everyone loads of contracts

I have increased the stadium to match similar in the Championship and it has 3 pre-planned increases on the stadium every 2 seasons...should gather some extra income and also upped the sponsorship deals and the ticket prices (slight increase on fans affluence, helps too ;) ) but i have left the contracts blank in the db in order for it to random, except for the U17 who are all on Youth contracts!

Last edited:
Changed a few things for my save, thought you could save yourself some time ;)
View attachment 595677

I have increased the stadium to match similar in the Championship and it has 3 pre-planned increases on the stadium every 2 seasons...should gather some extra income and also upped the sponsorship deals and the ticket prices (slight increase on fans affluence, helps too ;) ) but i have left the contracts blank in the db in order for it to random, except for the U17 who are all on Youth contracts!

Ah cool, are the cups working on this?

Isn't the cups just a case of the club being to young?

Isn't the cups just a case of the club being to young?
no, they weren't entered, some times the swap doesn't work properly, best swapping them into each league upto the Championship to ensure they gain entry from the off

An interesting challenge; I have just began this challenge and I am looking forward to see what young English talent can do!

Yeah cups are working fine, for some reason it doesn't like the David Bernstein I created thou... will give it another look later tonight

Doesn't really matter, I only added him to make it look a bit better. I'll put yours as a D/L.

What do I need to do to fix the cups on mine?

Last edited:
Doesn't really matter, I only added him to make it look a bit better. I'll put yours as a D/L.

What do I need to do to fix the cups on mine?

I opened each english league in the editor and then swap a team from each league building them up into the championship...

also change the creation date to the year before, 2012 or just leave it blank...

that's it

Going to have a go at this - great idea (using explorers version)

Currently trying an updated version of the original database. More incoming money (?15mil a season from the Government / FA), increased capacity from 15k to 25k initial, possibility of 45k if expanded. Slightly reduced reputation to lower expectations on promotion. Club founded in 2012 and previously in L1 (like Yeovil were) to try and sort out cup issue.

Last edited:
Currently trying an updated version of the original database. More incoming money (?15mil a season from the Government / FA), increased capacity from 15k to 25k initial, possibility of 45k if expanded. Slightly reduced reputation to lower expectations on promotion. Club founded in 2012 and previously in L1 (like Yeovil were) to try and sort out cup issue.

And this seems to have worked. Fixed the Cup problem, indeed the Capital One Cup drew me against local rivals Burton Albion!

Link on the front will take you to the most recent version, same link but I updated the file