Saints winger has Arsenal medical

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 4K
Big mistake young Alex. He would have been played week in week out at Southampton, and progressed more as a footballer as a result. Instead, he has 2 or 3 years of reserve football to look look forward to, and possibly one or two league cup games. Porr decision, but it was mostly down to his pathetic father Mark, who told him to move to Arsenal just so he could get some of the money! Really is pathetic. Of course, if Arsene wants to be a mug and pay £12,000,000 for a player that is only proven in League 1, then be my guest, as we are getting the best deal by a long way. Ah well, we can improve our squad massivly now and become real contenders for promotion from the Championship.

Congratulations, Alex, on your £12,000,000 transfer to one of the countries best clubs, Arsenal Reserves!

Saying that, I do wish the lad every luck, and I hope he does eventually become a great player, and get capped for England, which I am sure he will.

Finally, I would like to say, f*ck of Mr. Wenger for being a total ******* and steeling the smaller clubs best players all the time! Instead of paying this amount for our player, why not just pay for a better youth recruitment network!? That way both clubs win. In this deal, only one club wins, which is us.

Thank you,
and goodbye!

If you are getting the best of the deal, then stop being so bitter

You are kidding right!? A lot of Arsenal's youth players have come from different clubs to begin with! Without the Southampton Academy, Arsenal would be without Walcott and now Chamberlain, and football would be without the likes of Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge, Alan Shearer, Matt le Tiss, and many more!

But only Tissier hit his potential at the club, they all realised it at other clubs

If you are getting the best of the deal, then stop being so bitter

I wasn't being bitter, I was stating the facts, and the views of other Saints fans. I stick to my word that we got the best deal by a long way, and as I said, I do wish him every luck with the Gooners. :)

You are kidding right!? A lot of Arsenal's youth players have come from different clubs to begin with! Without the Southampton Academy, Arsenal would be without Walcott and now Chamberlain, and football would be without the likes of Gareth Bale, Wayne Bridge, Alan Shearer, Matt le Tiss, and many more!

How does that change anything I just said? Funny how only Matt Le Tissier of those people continued his career in Southampton which only proves my point further. Also, I could name about 4x the players you just named who has come from Arsenal.

But only Tissier hit his potential at the club, they all realised it at other clubs

And that is because the so called 'Big' clubs poached them before they got a chance to realise their potential with us. The fact is, the players still came through our youth system, and not the clubs that they signed for afterwards!

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

How does that change anything I just said? Funny how only Matt Le Tissier of those people continued his career in Southampton which only proves my point further. Also, I could name about 4x the players you just named who has come from Arsenal.

And I could name the same from Southampton, hence the reason I said "and many more!"

Happy?

:D

And that is because the so called 'Big' clubs poached them before they got a chance to realise their potential with us. The fact is, the players still came through our youth system, and not the clubs that they signed for afterwards!

Hardly poached, you dot have to sell. i'd say its questionable walcott bale et al would be as good as they are now if they had stayed at southampton

And I could name the same from Southampton, hence the reason I said "and many more!"

Happy?

:D

Not really, because you still didn't answer my question. All you did was answer something that wasn't even a question and has no significance to what I was getting at.

At the end of the day, boys, I was just stating the views of other Southampton fans. You can check Twitter if you don't believe that they said all of that! I myself said that I wish Chamberlain luck at Arsenal, and I really mean that. I am sorry if you didn't understand my post correctly.

Chamberlain was hardly poached, now I tell you who was ******* poached, RAHEEM STERLING AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH but i wont go into that otherwise i will get seriously angry

Arsenal have a better youth system than Southampton and I'm sure he will get to play. I think he would stand a better chance at Arsenal than s'Hampton.

Arsenal don't have a better Youth System, they have a better Youth Recruitment which is just as important tbh.

Finally, I would like to say, f*ck of Mr. Wenger for being a total ******* and steeling the smaller clubs best players all the time! Instead of paying this amount for our player, why not just pay for a better youth recruitment network!?

Wow. Just wow. "Stealing from the small clubs". He's giving you 12 ****** million. If someone 'stole' (!) something from me and gave me 12 million in return... well I wouldn't be too sad tbf. He bought a player, of course you can be ****** at your prospects leaving your club, but it's hardly stealing. ****, you could call him poaching youngsters from Barça 'stealing', but then again Barça are not a small club and it's not like he offered them sweets to get them on the back of a van and drove them home.

just like wildcat (walcott). arriving to arsenal at the same age, 17.

And to finish on a high... The fee is believed to be £15,000,000.

£12,000,000 up front with another £3,000,000 in add-ons. Thank you Arsenal. :)

Would rather not use some of this season's budget 'strengthening' a position that doesn't need additions. That money could have easily gone to a more important area in the team.

Would rather not use some of this season's budget 'strengthening' a position that doesn't need additions. That money could have easily gone to a more important area in the team.

but by selling cese nick and ebuoe, and possibly nasri, money should not be a problem.

Horrible signing. I know that Arsenal wants to get English players and that they're overvalued by the market but 12 (could go up to 15) million quid for a Championship player is ludicrous. Especially considering that Arsenal need to sign first-team talent now. If Fabregas leaves I think they will fall out of the top 4. Probably will go down as one of the worst signings Wenger has made.

I don't understand Wenger sometimes tbh. He's willing to spend £15 million on another young winger, but seems so reluctant to get a centre back which is obviously where they need to strengthen. I will feel better about this signing once/if he signs a centre back. Until then, it's a little disappointing imo. Just hope he doesn't end up to be another Walcott.

dear oh dear, a tricky young winger/forward. Is this what Arsenal need........Of corse it isent. The fee is also way to high but then again thats mainly because the lad is English, this shouldnt be Arsenal's priority but i reallt dont care. Southampton the winners here by a huge margain.

Back