Saints winger has Arsenal medical

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 4K
it seems the majority has spoken....

overspent much

Oh god... Oh my... Oh Wenger... You've clearly lost the plot. As much as I've wanted Chamberlain to come, but £15m?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That would be enough to bring a quality CB.

I still think Wenger's going to strengthen the defence though which is the main thing, and if Chamberlain happens to end up a quality player then this is a good signing. But that'll be a long way away so too soon to judge.

Maybe Wenger still plans to sign a centreback, but overall this is a retarded move on his part

Just saw the first interview on the website and I must say that I literally LOL'ed @ this: "“I’ve come to Emirates Stadium a few times this season to watch a few games and I was just blown away by the atmosphere, the fans and everything about it."
Funny, considering our stadium is among the most quiet in the league. XD

Arsenal: So, how much do you want for Chamberlain?
Southampton: *sniggers* 15 mil -
Arsenal: Deal.

Just saw the first interview on the website and I must say that I literally LOL'ed @ this: "“I’ve come to Emirates Stadium a few times this season to watch a few games and I was just blown away by the atmosphere, the fans and everything about it."

Thats not right, they place is as loud as any when they have dropped points or are not winning at half time and they are getting booed off lol.

I've only watched him a few times and he didnt seem anything special at all. Suppose he must be pretty good but I didn't notice it at the time.

Have you ever even been?

Talented player, stupid for joining them so early in his career though. As for the price, if he turns out as good as I expect him to be; then it'll be worth it.

I have no idea why many are slating Wenger.. Yes Arsenal didn't want him now, so did we when we signed Phil Jones. Its something called buying for future. In jan many clubs were after him. I for one am very happy with this signing. Wenger has spent big on English youngster and under Wenger he will learn to play football rather than just hoofing which will only be good for England NT.

12M+3M is bit steep for Championship player but even Wickham was sold for around that sum. 8M or 12M I'm not sure.. Every clubs have to pay premium amount to buy England talent, thats a way it is, if he can continue to improve, then down the link this may look bargain..

Arsenal fans should stop complaining! This guy is a class player and will certainly play for England in the near future. He is good with both feet quick and strong. Comparisons between him and walcott are ****. I saw walcott play at saints and all he had was pace, Chamberlain is just as fast as walcott was at that age but has a better touch, pass, cross and shot. Yes 12 million + 3 million in add ons and a hefty sell on fee is a high price but believe me when i say in maybe 3 years time everyone will be bowing to Wenger and saying he was such a good signing. All i hope is that he gets some first team football in his natural posistion as a right winger. However seeing wat wenger has said about the number of posisions in which he can play that is doubtful. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Walcott because of too much pressure and being played out of position. Good luck to the lad :)

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

I for one am very happy with this signing. Wenger has spent big on English youngster and under Wenger he will learn to play football rather than just hoofing which will only be good for England NT.

The only football he has played is quick pass and move football, no hoofing, and because of it he has developed. TBH it is a bargain, and I have seen him every game he played at home and some away and he will play for england and i can be certain of that! However if what i have heard is true the sell on fee is quite a large one!

Back