Salford City F.C. - Journey to the Biggest Club In Manchester

Reaction score
Salford City FC
images

Est. 1940

Salford City FC Hire Roper As Manager

View attachment 349260

Since the Class of '92 took over my local club there has been a massive buzz around the area of Salford about the potential of this club to become a force in English football. In real life they have set a goal of playing Championship football in 15 years. I hope to be able to better that and eventually get results against both the red and blue half of Manchester and create an orange half. That's my long term goal, in the short term I hope to create a financially stable club that invests in youth while being competitive and challenging for promotions year after year.

Salford City FC - A Background

View attachment 349261

They currently play in the Northern Premier League First Division North, the equivalent of the 8th tier of English football. Poor youth and training facilities are to be expected. Our stadium Moor Lane holds 8,000 people with 260 of those seated. No major trophies to speak of and our main rivals are FC United and crosstown rivals Maine Road.

Club Facilities

View attachment 349259

Just a recap of what I'm playing with. Really looking forward to this as it's my first English save in FM14. The next update will have my first team squad, transfers and pre season form.

Awesome. Have you got any of the class of '92' as chairmen or staff?

Awesome. Have you got any of the class of '92' as chairmen or staff?

Unfortunately not. Haven't got that update. They've also changed the kits to red and white and the club logo (the one above is the current, the one in the screen shot is the old) Think this will be my first story in FM15 but couldnt wait till then to give it a go.

It looks good, will be following!

Thanks mate. Bit surprised no one has done this yet but the buzz generating around Salford up here is amazing. They're playing a friendly against the Class of '92 this Saturday. Gutted I can't go

Thanks mate. Bit surprised no one has done this yet but the buzz generating around Salford up here is amazing. They're playing a friendly against the Class of '92 this Saturday. Gutted I can't go

Aww shame, they do look good for the future mate

I will follow! Did you use a download to get those leagues?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Aww shame, they do look good for the future mate

Yeah absolutely. They've all been there and done that so know how to get a setup and an environment that produces a winning culture. Few back to back promotions I reckon. Hopefully I can replicate that :)

I will follow! Did you use a download to get those leagues?

I appreciate it. Yeah went to transfer updates at the top of this screen and downloaded the English Level 12. Looks good so far

Yeah absolutely. They've all been there and done that so know how to get a setup and an environment that produces a winning culture. Few back to back promotions I reckon. Hopefully I can replicate that :)

And go further, good luck mate :)

Salford City FC
images

Est. 1940

Pre Season 2013/2014

Sky Bet Odds

View attachment 348796

At 21.00 the bookies give us very little chance of promotion. It's still too early for me to comment on whether that's accurate or not. Still not sure on my best XI.

Media Prediction

View attachment 348797

It appears as if the top three teams here are far better than the rest if you consider their odds.

Season Ticket Sales

View attachment 348795

30 season tickets is'nt bad for a club in the lower reaches of English Football. Will be interesting to see if it rises as we rise as a club unlike my Salthill Devon story where we were league champions and playing European Football but still only getting 40 odd season ticket holders and less than 200 spectators at home games.

New Main Kit Sponsor

View attachment 348801

An extra 5K a year is great considering our wage budget is less than 600 pound a week and our club finances stand at about 6K.

Transfer Ins and Outs

View attachment 348798

Trying to keep the squad at an absolute minimum to save on wages so all the players out left for no termination fee. All the ins were by far better quality than the previous players. Big hopes for Mark Barton who is a 16 year old keeper that will slot straight into the first team and the same goes for Stewart Bryant, also 16 but a RB and close to the best player at our club already.

Current Tactics and Starting XI

View attachment 348799

A defensive minded 4-4-2 to start off with. Never really played this formation but thought I'd give it a go.

Pre Season Fixtures

View attachment 348800

A mixed bag really and doesn't give me an indication either way as to how we will fair.

Salford City FC
images

Est. 1940

August 2013

Board Confidence

View attachment 346323

Salford FC Season Ticket Sales

View attachment 346320

I hope in this save that this figure increases according to how much success we have. Playing Champions League with Salthill Devon and only having 50 odd season ticket holders is unrealistic.

FA Cup Preliminary Round Draw

View attachment 346321

We get Rochester which means absolutely nothing to me lol. Not too bothered about this so I might give a few squad players a game.

New Main Kit Sponsorship Deal

View attachment 346319

August Fixtures

View attachment 346322

Three wins this month out of five games isn't too bad. It's tough managing at this level as 90% of the highlights are awful! Jamie Tandy looks a real player with three goals this month from left midfield and was at one stage on Man City's youth books before they had money.

League Standings/Player Stats

View attachment 346324

7th is pretty good so far but I can see this being one league where were not going to know who's going to finish in the top five until there's only a couple of games to go.

Nice start!

Can someone link me the database please. All the ones I've used so far have had errors. Will defo be following this story!!

Thanks guys. Fairly happy but don't really know what to expect so not sure if over/under achieving. Like I mentioned really hard highlights to watch as so many mistakes are made. Going to be a long season. Hopefully be able to put up a couple more updates later tonight. Hope you keep following :)

Keep getting the error: "Warning: Could not process rule group settings in *File location* English county leagues division 1 has the wrong division level set, should be 10"

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix that?

Put that into google and it'll come up with how