View attachment 183438

Right then, now we've got all of that out the way, please allow me to introduce to you the new manager of Salford City ...

Paul Scholes

View attachment 183435

As this is the first managerial job for Scholes, his coaching stats are pretty poor! However, due to his playing career and name within the game, his mental attributes are right up there.

Let's see how he can get on in the world of lower league management.

It won't be easy for Scholes though as his fellow Class Of 92 mates are demanding success!

View attachment 183434

They've set the target pretty high for this first season with the play off positions being a minimum.

We also need to reach the 3rd qualifying round of the Fa Cup and Fa Trophy as well as reaching the semi finals of the Northern Premier League Challenge Cup.

The press has equally high expectations of us ...

View attachment 183433

The media feel we should be challenging for the title with only Blyth and Buxton shorter odds for the title than us.

My own aims of the save are a little like this:

Short term - Gain promotion. Overtake Fc United of Manchester as the 3rd best team in Manchester. Reach 1st round of FA Cup.

Medium term - Reach 3rd round of Fa Cup. Reach the holy grail that is the football league.

Long term - Match the ambitions of the Class Of 92 by reaching the Championship.

View attachment 183407

So, I guess my first job is to assess the squad to see if these ambitions are realistic.

View attachment 183406

Okay, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a squad with a wider range of ability.
I worry looking at this squad, there’s a few of the lads with good potential but very few of the players are good enough to be playing this standard of football immediately!

There’s obviously a few exceptions:

View attachment 183405

We start off with ex Hartlepool winger, James Poole. He played nearly 100 league games for Hartlepool in League 2 so definitely has the ability to play at a higher level. He’s only joined in the summer but already is one of the most important players.

View attachment 183403

Gareth Seddon is another really important player for us. Another player who has played at a higher level and should stand out in this division. His record for Salford already is pretty impressive, 21 goals in 39 games. His ‘finishing’ and ‘long shots’ are way above anyone else in this league. Hopefully he can strike a partnership with this man …

View attachment 183404

Without doubt the most experienced player having played most of his career in the Championship and even had a couple of spells in the Premier League.
The trouble with Webber is that we’ve almost definitely seen the best of him. His best spell was probably at Sheffield Utd under Neil Warnock where he played between 2004 and 2009. Playing over 125 times. His partnership with Seddon was the main reason for their promotion last season so I’m desperate for that to continue.

Back to the squad though and I’m seriously worried about the defenders …

View attachment 183402

First of all, there aren’t enough of them … secondly most of them are ****!

Luke Giverin and Stephen O’Halloran look decent but they both play the same position which means one will have to push forward into midfield.

Chris Lynch is probably the only other player I’ll keep out of this lot. He looks decent and can play both right back and center back which is always a bonus. Lynch was captain last season and led the lads to promotion so I’d like to keep him around the place. Still, at least 2 more center backs and a right back are needed!

We look okay in midfield with the wide areas sorted with James Poole and Luke Giverin on either side. We could do with strengthening the central area though if possible.

The strikers really pick themselves to be honest. Danny Webber and Gareth Seddon hoping to pick up where they left off from last season. Another option would be nice though as we’d struggle if their picked up an injury. With both of them well into their 30’s now, an injury is highly likely.

So, as you can see, quite a bit of work to do before the season starts in about 3 weeks. Hopefully my mates have given me a war-chest of funds to help …

View attachment 183401

Sadly not!
The finances are brilliant but with the average wage being about £200 a week and a lot of the lads only on a ‘pay as you play’ deal, we should have enough to bring in a few.​

looking forward to seeing how you get on with this. Have to ask where did you get the graphics for the players faces, the logo and the database from? I have been wanting to do a Salford save.

looking forward to seeing how you get on with this. Have to ask where did you get the graphics for the players faces, the logo and the database from? I have been wanting to do a Salford save.

Thanks mate :) I've put links below for facepack ect. Good luck if you have a go with Salford :)

TheFMEditor 14.12.2015 Update_B9D4CAE9-6301-48AA-BFC9-7BA226372169 - Database

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/1/cut-out-player-faces - Facepack

https://sortitoutsi.net/graphics/style/3/metallic-logos - Logo

View attachment 183398

View attachment 183396

Here we are then, about to start (what I hope is) a long and successful career in football management.

Before the season starts though, I managed to bring in a few new faces …

View attachment 183395

View attachment 183394

Ross Holland was the first player to come in and should slot straight into midfield. He’s only 20 years old and has played very little football up until now. His stats are decent though with brilliant fitness and decent passing, hopefully he can improve further with some game time.

View attachment 183393

John McGrath was the next player to join us, another midfield player but at a different stage of his career to Ross Holland. At 35 he’ll struggle to play every game but can still prove useful to us. He has some shocking physical stats but his teamwork, leadership and free-kick taking make up for it. He also has football league experience having played in league 2 for 7 years for both Burton and York.

View attachment 183391

Yet another midfield player here. Now I look back, I may have gone overboard on central midfield players! Jay Gorman signs on a ‘non contract’ basis which means we only pay him when he plays, so very little risk really. Good physical stats but his technical leave a lot to be desired. He’ll be here as back up.

View attachment 183392

Joe Flint joins … and he isn’t a midfielder! He can play both central defence and center forward. He’s a big lad who looks good in the air and has half decent finishing. He looks better suited as a striker but I always like players who can play in several positions, especially at this level.

View attachment 183390

The final signing before the season starts was Korey Roberts coming in on loan from Walsall. He’s the only defender to join in time and will go straight into the heart of the back line. His technical stats are terrible but his heading, tackling and marking are brilliant for this level. We’ll just have to make sure he doesn’t play out from the back because he hasn’t really learned how to pass yet.

With these additions it means we'll line up like this for the first competitive game ...

View attachment 183389

This is the tactic I’ll be using for the first game of the season and the tactic we’ve been using for the pre-season games.

It’s a very simple 4-4-2 with only a couple of instructions. I basically want us to play quite direct and get the ball as far up the pitch as quick as possible. The defence are **** on the ball so as soon as they get it they need to be clearing it.

It’s up front where we’ll do damage anyway with Seddon and Webber up front with Poole playing on the wing. Chris Lynch will get the nod at center half, simply because no one else will join! Kebbie comes in at right back, he’s rubbish but our only option for now.

It didn’t serve us too badly during pre-season though

View attachment 183388

We stayed unbeaten in all 5 games and even managed to score 17 goals in the process.

However, the level of opposition has to be taken into account here. Worksop, Rochester and AFC Emley are all 2 divisions below us whilst AFC Flyde are in the division we’ve just been promoted from. After hearing that, our results don’t look as impressive.

We also managed to concede 9 goals in these 5 games, 3 of them were against our under 21 side who only have 3 players!!

The defence seriously needs to tighten up before we start the season properly.

The good news is the fixture list has been fairly kind to us …

View attachment 183387

We play a lot of games in August but we’ll be big favourites for all of them. They’re all expected to finish in the bottom half this season with the exception of Skelmersdale who were predicted to finish 8th​.

The first 2 games should be comfortable as we play Ramsbottom who are predicted a finish of 22nd​ and then Mickleover who are predicted to finish bottom.

The second game, against Mickleover, though is in the Peter Swales Shield which I have never heard of and know nothing about.

Looking forward to this. I wish you well and can't wait for Salford to match the class of 92.

View attachment 183173

August 2015

View attachment 183171

I started my managerial career with a home game against Ramsbottom who were predicted to finish 22nd in the league.
It wasn't a brilliant performance and I was shocked by the standard of football being played. However, James Poole grabbed the winner midway through the second half when he headed home from a corner.

View attachment 183170

We then travelled to Mickleover to play the Peter Swales Shiled which as far as I can work out is when last years champions from the Northern Division (us) and the champions from the Southern Division (Mickleover) play each other.
We totally blew them away anyway.
It was all about Danny Webber here as he showed his class by scoring a brilliant hattrick. Gareth Seddon also popped up by scoring his first of the season to make it 4.

View attachment 183168

View attachment 183169

A very even game in which we probably just about shaded. Danny Webber carried on his good scoring form by netting the opener.
Ex Preston and Notts County striker, Karl Hawley got the equaliser though as the game finished 1-1. Gareth Seddon had a great chance late on but put his effort well wide.

View attachment 183167

Another really good display from the front 2. Webber once again opened the scoring before Gareth Seddon stole the show by getting his own brace.
These two look to have struck up a brilliant partnership already.

View attachment 183166

The Seddon and Webber partnership carried on here as Gareth Seddon struck his 4th goal in 2 games which won us the game.
Both of them have kicked on as hoped and have 5 goals apiece already. However, Webber picked up an injury in this game that will rule him out for 3 weeks!

View attachment 183164

Joe Flint made his first start today with Danny Webber injured for 3 weeks.
Our 3rd win in a row with Gareth Seddon now scoring his 3rd brace in a row. Matlock equalised to make it 1-1 but Seddon made it 2-1 with his second before Luke Giverin scored his first of the season from left wing.
This now moves us into top spot.

View attachment 183162

A bore draw to end the month!
For once Seddon wasn't on form in front of goal after hitting 6 goals in his last 3 before today. Maybe he only performs when Danny Webber is next to him.

View attachment 183172

We have to be really pleased with the first month!

It was a stupidly busy period with 7 games played in 21 days! We got threw it though and even managed to stay unbeaten, winning 5.

This was always going to be an easier month with everyone we played expected to be struggling in the bottom half this season, but I'm still delighted to come through it with 14 points.

The only disappointment was the injury to in-form striker, Danny Webber ...

View attachment 183159

Webber is ruled out for 3 weeks and will miss the majority of next month. Joe Flint came into the side as a replacement and did okay but we may be forced into another signing to cover him.

So, after only dropping 4 points from the first 7 games, we finish August in top spot ...

View attachment 183157

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come!

We've come through the first tests relatively comfortably but we all know that biggest challengers are to come.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

View attachment 183154

GARETH SEDDON

What a brilliant month from the important forward player.

7 goals in 7 games made this a pretty easy decision. He's been truely sensational so far.

We can't give this award to Seddon without mentioning the displays of Danny Webber who fell one goal short of Seddon this month, scoring 6. I'm really hoping his injury doesn't affect us too much.

Special mention also has to go to the young center back, Korey Roberts who's been brilliant at center half as we finish the month with the best defensive record in the league.​

View attachment 182859

September 2015

View attachment 182857

Seddon
Giverin
Webber

We already played Mickleover last month in a cup competition, this time we took them on in the league as top (us) take on bottom. The cup game was a brilliant performance as we ran away 4-1 winners.

This turned out to be a real struggle though. Gareth Seddon continued his great form with his 8th in 8. Luke Giverin then doubled the lead before putting in his own goal to make it 2-1.

Mickleover then equalised midway through the second half but with time ticking away Danny Webber came off the bench after recovering from his injury. He linked up well with Seddon who layed in on a plate for Webber who struck the late winner.

View attachment 182856

A real test here as 1st took on 3rd and sadly we failed the test miserably, falling to our first defeat of the season.

Ilkeston deserved the win today and scored 2 good goals in the second half. Webber had a great chance to make it 1-1 but missed his effort from close range. We drop down to 3rd now as we swap places with Ilkeston.

View attachment 182855

Flint (2)
Clark
Webber

A game we really should have won comfortably, which we did!

We made a number of changes as we play much weaker opposition. As I look at the teamsheet I realised that Bamber Bridge must have the oldest strike partnership in football, Bret Ormerod and Jon Macken (both 38) led the line for them here.

Joe Flint made a rare start and celebrated by scoring a really good brace and opened the scoring in the process. Luke Clarke got our 3rd which I was really pleased with, he's been a real unsung hero this season in central midfield but this was his first goal of the season.

Bamber Bridge got one back through Jon Macken but in truth a comeback was never on. Danny Webber capped things off late on to make it 4-1 and saw us into the 2nd Qualifying round.

View attachment 182854

Webber

A disappointing draw here in a game we should be winning.

Grantham took the lead with their only shot on target all game. Danny Webber equalised though with a good header at the far post. Seddon had a glorious chance late on but put his effort over the bar.

View attachment 182853

Giverin

Another fairly poor performance here with Luke Giverin scoring the only goal of the game with only 10 minutes left. We needed a win here as we now move a point behind Blyth in top spot.

Bad news in this game was James Poole picking up an injury for 6 months!

View attachment 182852

Only our second defeat of the season but without doubt our worst performance, failing to have a single shot on target. We really went for it late on and conceded a late winner in the 89th minute.

No goals in 6 games now for Gareth Seddon as his good form seems to have vanished.

View attachment 182851

Allen

Another poor performance followed here as we sneak past Lancaster. We're struggling for goals recently and left it late again as Ritchie Allen, coming into the side for the injured James Poole, scored the only goal of the game with 10 minutes to go.

This meant we made it through to the 3rd qualifying round which was the target of the board in pre-season.

View attachment 182850

We've been drawn against Dartford in the 3rd Qualifying round which is a challenge but one we can definitely win. Their in the same league as us but the Southern equivalent, their doing well in 4th but a tie we can definitely get through.

View attachment 182858

A bit more of a mixed bag this month really with us suffering our first defeat of the season and then following that up with our second defeat only a few weeks later.

I've put quite a lot of importance on the FA Cup this season so I'm pleased to have made it through both qualifying rounds so far.

As we dropped 7 points in the league during this month, we also dropped down from top spot and into 3rd ...

View attachment 182848

We've fallen 3 points behind Ilkeston (who beat us this month), who now occupy top spot. However, we do have a game in hand so things can still change very quickly.

Even more disappointing this season though were a couple of injuries we picked up ...

View attachment 182846

Stephen O'Halloran was ruled out for 7 weeks with damaged knee cartilage. He's performed pretty well at left back and been one of the really steady players this season.
Luke Giverin will drop back from midfield and cover left back for him but this really gives us a problem for left wing. With no one else in the squad really capable of playing there.

Even worse though ...

View attachment 182842

Was the injury to James Poole.

Up to 6 months out with a broken foot! 6 Months!!

He's only scored one goal this season (on the opening day) but his performances have been pretty good and set up a number of goals for the front men. We'll probably have to look for a replacement for him with him likely to make a comeback around February/March time.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

View attachment 182839

LUKE CLARK

Clark has been one of the most consistent performers this season and he proved his quality once again this month.
He got his first goal for the club after joining just before I arrived and also recorded an average rating of 7.68. We've not had a great month in terms of results or performances but this lad's level hasn't dropped one bit.

View attachment 182597

October 2015

View attachment 182596

Webber (2)

A good start to the month with a comfortable 2-0 win over a struggling Hyde side which put us 1 point off top spot. Danny Webber with both goals scoring his 9th and 10th of the season.

View attachment 182595

Clark

We actually played pretty well here but just couldn't get the final ball right.
Luke Clark got the winner with 20 minutes left to play as he put another man of the match performance in. Ritchie Allen picked up a knock here which rules him out for 2 weeks which leaves us seriously short for a right winger and very little funds to address it.

View attachment 182593

Seddon

Was always going to be a challenge this as Dartford are flying in 3rd place in the Southern league.
Gareth Seddon opened the scoring and scored his first in 6 games in the process. Dartford equalised though which means we'll have to do it all again at Moor Lane.

View attachment 182592

Salford won 4-3 on pens

About as tight as a game could be this but a penalty shootout win will do for us.
No goals after 120 minutes meant penalties were in order. Both sides missed their 3rd pens with young, Korey Roberts missing for us. Jay Lynch saves the 6th effort though and Danny Webber scored his effort to put us into the next round.

View attachment 182591

McGrath

A total shambles here as we fall to a 2-1 defeat and drop out of the play offs. Buxton were favourites for promotion at the start of the season but are way down in 10th.
John McGrath got the goal for us with his first of the season with a well taken free kick.

View attachment 182590

Lynch

We put up a decent fight against top of the league Blyth here and came back from 1-0 down to draw level. Blyth were favourites for the title at the start of the season and have been living up to their favourites tag well so a draw here isn't too bad.
Chris Lynch got the equaliser late on for his first goal of the season.

View attachment 182589

Webber

Totally outclasses here by a far superior side 2 divisons higher than us. Danny Webber got one back late on but it was too little too late for us.
Even though this was a game we were massive underdogs for, I was still disappointed to lose. The winner of this game made it to the 1st round proper of the FA Cup, something I was desperate to achieve.

View attachment 182588

Chadwick
Roberts
Clark

This should have been a walk over but it turned out to be anything but.
Clitheroe are in the division below but caused us a real problem today. We were 2-0 before half time when we changed to 'Overload' to try and get back in the game. Matt Chadwick got one back with 15 minutes to go.
We then threw young center back, Korey Roberts up front and he then grabbed the equaliser with just a few minutes left.
The game then went into extra time which allowed Luke Clarke to grab the winning goal, heading home from a corner.

This meant we were in the draw for the 3rd round draw ...

View attachment 182586

Kidsgrove Athletic will be our opposition in the 3rd round.
Their 1 division lower than us but had a couple of impressive wins in this competition already. This is the competition I care the least about so I'll be using a weakened side for this one.

View attachment 182587

Another mixed bag here with a couple of good wins but some performances but in as well.
The problem we're having is that we're in so many competitions that we're losing ground in the league.
We started the month well enough but our performances, and results, really went downhill as the month went on.

With us only picking up 2 league wins this month, we dropped even further down the league ...

View attachment 182585

We end the month clinging onto a play off spot.

We must remember that we have games in hand over pretty much everyone.

Our target still has to be the league title, we're currently 5 points off top spot with 2 games in hand.

Just like the month before, we had to contend with another injury to a first teamer ...

View attachment 182584

Ross Holland was ruled out for 3 months with a double hernia.

He's only started 4 league games this season, mainly due to the form of Clark and McGrath in the middle. Holland often comes off the bench though and I still feel he has a lot to offer.

We also managed to scrape enough fund together to bring in a new face ...

View attachment 182583

When I say a new face ... I really mean a pretty old one.

Bret Ormerod signs on a free transfer to offer a bit more competition up front.

I was finding that as soon as either Seddon or Webber lost any kind of form then the whole team looked different and looked well short of goals.

Ormerod is 39 years old but still has good mental attributes as well as good natural fitness, which should help at his age.

It wasn't long ago that I was taking the **** out of his partnership with Jon Macken at Bamber Bridge, hopefully this deal won't make me look stupid.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 182580

KOREY ROBERTS

A good month for him even when we weren't at our best. He also went on to score his very first goal. The defence as a whole went on to concede 7 goals in the 8 games this month but Roberts was the one stand out player who's form didn't dip.​

Best of luck PaperClip, can't wait to see you take them up against FC United.

Really enjoyed the BBC docs on Salford. Seddon comes across as a nice block and a quality striker.

Good start. Keep it up! :)

Thanks mate :) will do!

Best of luck PaperClip, can't wait to see you take them up against FC United.

Really enjoyed the BBC docs on Salford. Seddon comes across as a nice block and a quality striker.

Hopefully Fc Utd can follow us up the leagues and create a real rivalry.

Me too mate :) Seddon and Webber should be too good for this division :)

View attachment 182314

November 2015

View attachment 182313

Seddon
Chadwick

We took on Camebridge City in the Fa Trophy here and were back to our best with Gareth Seddon getting himself back on the scoresheet for the first time in 5 games. Matt Chadwick doubled our lead with his second in the last 2 games. We conceded a late consolation but finished the game well.
The worse news from this game was an injury to Danny Webber who is now ruled out for 4 weeks.
We now face division rivals, Skelmersdale in the next round.

View attachment 182312

Ormerod
Clark
Moses

Back to league action and a good win. Bret Ormerod made his debut for the club and opened the scoring in the process. Luke Clarke doubled our lead with a great header from the 12 yards out. Halesowen then got one back but Tunji Moses came off the bench to net his first of the season and made it 3-1.

View attachment 182311

Allen
Flint
Roberts

Another cup game, this time in the Challenge cup and another poor defensive display here but the important thing is we're through to the next round.
Ritchie Allen and Joe Flint got the first 2. Kiddsgrove then got 2 quickfire goals to draw level before Korey Roberts netted his 2nd career goal in what turned out to be the winner.
We now face Coalville in the next round.

View attachment 182310

Seddon

Back to the FA Trophy here after beating Cambridge City in the previous round.
This ended our run of 4 wins in a row. Gareth Seddon netted the opener to put us 1-0 before we conceded a late equaliser which means we'll have to do the whole thing again in the replay.

View attachment 182309

Seddon
Ormerod

The replay came in the very next outing and turned out to be a real waste of time.
We twice took the lead with both Seddon and Ormerod netting but twice we let it slip and then also conceded a 90 minute goal to lose 3-2 and dumped out of the cup.
I'm actually relieved to be out of one of the cups as we already have 5 games in hand over Blyth in top spot so we want to get back to league action as soon as possible.

View attachment 182308

I really don't know what's going wrong here! 2 defeats in a row along with several bad performances now. It was goalless right up until the 85th minute when Ramsbottom scored the only goal of the game to claim the win.

View attachment 182307

The final game of the month saw us see out a bore draw. Failing to score for the second consecutive game really doesn't bode well. We've got to change things up for the next game otherwise any hopes of the title will be gone.

View attachment 182306

We started the month well enough with 3 straight wins in 3 different competitions. I think that's where our problems been this season, we've won a lot of games but the cup wins aren't helping our league position!

We ended the month terribly though with no wins in 4, 2 of which were in the league.

Another busy month but still very little league action played ...

View attachment 182305

With us only picking up 4 points in the league this season, we drop way down the league and even out of the play off spots!

We can take confidence that we have a number of games in hand but we need to make sure we win them and start climbing the league.

The league title is still the aim, we're currently 13 points behind but with 5 games in hand ... yes 5!!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 182304

RITCHIE ALLEN

He's been brilliant for us this month.

I worried whether he'd be capable of replacing the injured James Poole on the right wing but he's proved me wrong and done the business this month.

With James Poole still looking like he'll be out for another 2/3 months he could have the shirt until the end of the season if these performances keep up.

He only scored 1 goal this month but did create 4 assists with him playing in a deeper role than he'd prefer.​

View attachment 182295

December 2016

View attachment 182294

Webber
Seddon (2)

We changed a couple of things here to give us more possession and a bit more width. I guess it did the trick. We looked good going forward but very nervy at the back. Danny Webber came back into the side and got straight on the scoresheet. Gareth Seddon also got back to goalscoring ways with a brace.
I'm a little concerned that we conceded 2 goals with relative ease.

View attachment 182293

Webber
Ormerod

Another good win as our performances start to really pick up.

Danny Webber opened the scoring before Workington drew level just before half time. Substitute, Bret Ormerod grabbed a dramatic winner though with less than 5 minutes to go.

View attachment 182292

Webber (4)

Back to the Challenge cup here with a real end to end game.

Brilliant going forward and shocking at the back pretty much sums today up. Danny Webber scored all 4 goals in a brilliant performance but we couldn't keep Coalville out as they created chance after chance. WE seriously need to improve defensivly.

This win see's us into the Quarter Final where we'll play Warrington Town.

View attachment 182291

Seddon (2)
Webber

Finally a clean sheet! Probably our best performance so far with Gareth Seddon stealing the show with a first half brace. Danny Webber wasn't going to go quietly though as he scored the 3rd and final goal to net his 18th of the season.

View attachment 182290

Webber
Seddon

We went 1-0 down early on here as we started the game really slowly. The second half was a different story though with Danny Webber opening the scoring to draw us level before Seddon put us 2-1 up with the winner late on.

View attachment 182289

Seddon (2)
Clark

Once again we go 1-0 down early on but Seddon stole the show with 2 goals which makes it 5 in the last 3 games. Luke Clark then scored a late penalty to make it 3-1.

I was a bit disappointed that he didn't give the spot kick to Seddon so he could collect his hattrick but at least he scored it himself.

View attachment 182288

A bore draw ends our 6 match winning streak!

Frickley had a great chance to win the game from the penalty spot with 10 minutes to go but Jay Lynch made a great save to keep the score goalless.

View attachment 182287

Seddon
Liversey

A really poor defeat here for the first time this month.

Matlock took the lead after some poor defending before Gareth Seddon equalised, scoring his 20th of the season in the process. We then naivly went for the win and allowed Matlock to re-take the lead and then even went 3-1 up with only a few minutes to go. Sam Livesey came off the bench to get one back but it was too little too late for us as we suffer our first defeat of the month.

View attachment 182286

We end the month on a real poor note with our second loss in a row!

Darlington are one of the bigger clubs at this level but still a game we should be winning with them in 7th. They took the lead just before half time as once again we started slowly. We went on 'overload' late on which allowed Darlington to hit us on the counter to double their lead with just minutes to go.

View attachment 182285

I was trilled with our start to the month with us winning the first 6 games, 5 of which were in the league.

Our form just fell apart late on though which saw us draw against a struggling Frickley side and also saw losses against Matlock and Darlington, neither of which are setting the league alight.

Up until the draw against Frickley, I really thought the title would be ours, as it turns out it's going to be a real challenge ...

View attachment 182284

We're right in the mix but are still 8 points behind Blyth who seem to have been top all season now.

We do have 2 games in hand though which could really close the gap.

My main worry is our form. If we play like we did at the beginning of the month then we'll really challenge for the title, if we play like we did towards the end of the month then we'll be lucky to finish in the play offs.

My other worry is our fitness, due to the amount of additional cup games we're playing the lads are really struggling which means we struggle to get the best 11 out.

We've already played 38 games this season and we've only just gone past the halfway stage!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 182282

DANNY WEBBER

Webber was in sensational form during December with 8 goals in 9 games, including all 4 against Coalville in the Challenge cup. He's got 19 goals in 30 games already this season as his partnership with Seddon carried on from last season.

We also made one more transfer for the new year ...

View attachment 182281

Another young defender brought in on loan, this time from Wigan.

The lad looks decent for this level with marking, tackling and heading stats ... what more do you want from a defender.

My main worry is his age, with him and both Korey Roberts both 17. If they both play we'd have to make sure we've got plenty of experience around them.​