View attachment 181335

January 2016

View attachment 181334

Seddon
Webber

A shocking defeat here which made it 3 on the bounce. We were so bad for the first hour that we went 3-0 down without Mickleover even breaking a sweat.

Seddon and Webber got a goal apiece to make it 3-2 and give me some hope but once again, it was too little too late.

View attachment 181333

Webber

Finally a win, our first in 5!

Danny Webber was back to his best here as he scored both goals. The game was pretty even but Webber turned out to be the difference with his finishing.

View attachment 181332

Allen

Not a bad draw here away from home against 6th place Marine.

Yet again we went behind as we have done so often this month. Ritchie Allen managed to level things up early in the second half. This was a really close game and in truth a point is probably a fair result.

View attachment 181331

Just as I thought our form was about to pick up we suffer yet another defeat. The only goal of the game came from a late penalty given away by Lynch.

View attachment 181330

Allen

Back to winning ways as we put on a great defensive display. Ritchie Allen with the only goal of the game as he really starts to pick up form now with his 4th of the season.

View attachment 181329

Allen

I hate this game sometimes!

Whitby raced into a 2-0 lead. Helped by an own goal from Lynch which opened the scoring. It was a comical own goal and one he'd have been proud of it was at the other end.

Ritchie Allen got on back but once again we fell short of pulling level.

View attachment 181328

Giverin
Webber

We had a really good first half here and probably should have been 2 or 3 up.

Instead we went into half time just 1-0 up thanks to a goal from Luke Giverin, his 4th of the season. Grantham came more into it in the second half and equalised after an hour.

Just as it looked to end a draw, Danny Webber stepped up with a defelcted effort late on to ****** the win.

View attachment 181327

It's bizarre to see a full month of league games, a real chance for us to climb up the league and put some pressure on Blyth in top spot.

Sadly, we couldn't really do this with some really poor results and performances along the way.

With only 3 wins from 7 games, we fall further behind Blyth ...

View attachment 181326

We drop down into 3rd and fall 6 points behind Blyth.

We're approaching the final 12 games of the season now so our form has to seriously improve if we want to be involved in a title challenge.

Our spot in the play offs should be pretty much safe, 5 clear of 6th place with a game in hand.

We did have some really bad injury news come to us this month which won't help with the run-in ...

View attachment 181325

First of all, left back, Stephen O'Halloran was ruled out for the remainder of the season with a serious injury which see's him out for up to 5 months!

Luke Giverin will fill in at left back and do a job for us but we may struggle to fill his spot at left midfield.

View attachment 181323

Another defender who will probably miss the remainder of the season.

Young, Korey Robers is ruled out for 3 months with a dislocated shoulder. He may be back for the final few games, or even the dreaded play offs but even that may be a push.

View attachment 181324

The last of the injuries comes to our experienced striker, Bret Ormerod ruled out for 7 weeks. I kind of expected injuries to him due to his age but nothing for this length of time.

He hasn't quite had the impact I'd have hoped for but he'll still be a miss.

With all these injuries, I was delighted to hear about a recovery ...

View attachment 181322

James Poole joins the lads back in full training.

He's missed nearly 6 months of football with a broken foot so he'll still be some way off starting.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 181321

RITCHIE ALLEN

This is the second time Allen has won this award, but his month saw him play his best stuff.

3 goals and 2 assists here really kept the side going during some patchy form.

I feel for him that James Poole is back to full fitness now as he'll have a real job on to keep his place.​

View attachment 181307

February 2016

View attachment 181306

Lynch

Colwyn Bay deserved their draw here and started the better side. They deservedly took the lead just before half time. We got better as the game went on though with Chris Lynch grabbing the equaliser late on from a corner.

View attachment 181305

Seddon
Giverin

A good win here as we fully deserved the 3 points. Gareth Seddon opened the scoring with his 22nd of the season. Luke Giverin then scored his 5th of the season as he doubled the lead. Whitby got one back in the second half but we managed to stay strong and hold out for the 3 points.

View attachment 181304

Poole

I really don't understand how this works sometimes!

We made a few changes but still put out a side which should have been more than capable of winning. Instead though we got battered by a much weaker side. I'm not disappointed that we're out this competition but I didn't want to be put put in this way.

Some good news was that James Poole came back into the side after injury and netted our only goal.

View attachment 181302

Poole

A little disappointed with a draw here but really it's probably all we deserved. James Poole opened the scoring with his 2nd goal in a week. Barwell levelled late on though when they beat the offside trap.

View attachment 181297

McGrath
Giverin (2)

A brilliant win here which was well overdue.

John McGrath opened the scoring after half an hour with a well taken free-kick from 25 yards out. Luke Giverin then stole the show with 2 brilliant goals to put the game to bed.

View attachment 181296

Seddon (2)
Webber

Another brilliant win, 6 goals scored in the last 2 games and 0 conceded! Gareth Seddon scored 2 as we raced into a 2-0 lead. Danny Webber then made it 3-0 with Webber and Seddon now on 24 goals apiece for the season.

View attachment 181295

A much better month for us here as we stayed unbeaten in all 5 league games.

the only loss came in the Challenge Cup which I wasn't that keep on being in anyway, I certainly didn't want to get dumped out in that fashion though!

We finished the month really strong and started playing some good stuff as well which bodes well for the remaining 8 games.

With this little patch of decent form, we managed to close the gap slightly on Blyth ...

View attachment 181294

We're now only 4 behind now but Blyth do have a game in hand over us.

The fact that Blyth have also lost their last 2 games also give me hope that we can catch them over the next 8 games or so.

Unfortunately, we had some further injury news as the treatment table becomes the most popular place at the club ...

View attachment 181293

This time influential midfielder, John McGrath looks to be spending the run-in on the treatment table.

He should be back for the final few games but he'll still be a miss as he's the one who makes us tick.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 181291

LUKE GIVERIN

A brilliant period for Giverin, 4 goals in 5 games from left wing is pretty impressive from him this month. Hopefully he can keep up this form for the remainder of the season.

Giverin looks like a quality player for you.

Hopefully Blyth's form will continue to decline so you can close the gap even more.
Best of luck.

Giverin looks like a quality player for you.

Hopefully Blyth's form will continue to decline so you can close the gap even more.
Best of luck.

Giverin has been brilliant mate :)

Hope so, would make things so much easier haha. I hate play off's anyway!

View attachment 181248

March 2016

View attachment 181247

A really poor start to the month here against a decent Buxton side. The game was even right up until the 80th minute when Buxton scored 2 quickfire goals which won them the game.

View attachment 181246

The poor form continues with a 3-0 defeat against 3rd place Ashton.

This form doesn't bode well for the play offs with us struggling against the sides around us. It was 0-0 until the hour mark when Ashton went 1-0 up, we then changed to attacking which allowed Ashton to hit us on the break, twice.

View attachment 181245

Poole
Webber

Finally we get the first win of the month, and in the biggest game against table toppers Blyth.

Luke Giverin saw an early red card before the half hour mark with a shocking tackle on the halfway line. Blyth then took the lead before half time.

We put in a great comeback though with James Poole being pivotal, now playing in a more central role. Poole drew us level with 20 minutes left. Danny Webber then grabbed a winner 10 minutes later to record the first victory of the month.

View attachment 181244

Seddon (2)
Webber

One of our best performances of the season here.

We changed things up a little today as we played a diamond in midfield. James Poole looked brilliant in the previous game when he moved centrally so he started in this position today.

It certainly paid off as he set up all 3 goals. First Gareth Seddon opened the scoring within the first 5 minutes. Danny Webber then doubled our lead just before half time. With the game already won, Gareth Seddon scored his 2nd to make it 3-0

View attachment 181243

A really short month for us here with only 4 games played.

It could certainly have been better though with us only winning 2, and losing the other 2.

It was actually a pretty tough month for us here with us playing some of the better sides in the division. Buxton are struggling in mid-table but were one of the sides predicted for promotion in pre-season.

We then played Ashton in second and Blyth in top spot. the win against Blyth could really make all the difference.

With us only collected 6 points out of a possible 12, we didn't quite catch up Blyth as planned ...

View attachment 181241

We close the gap to just 2 points now!

Despite closing the gap however, we drop down into 3rd with Ashton Utd overtaking us and becoming Blyth's nearest challengers.

4 games to go and 2 points behind, let do this!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 181240

JAMES POOLE

Utterly brilliant this month! He's only scored 1 goal but 4 assists more than makes up for it. I've moved him into a central position with us playing a diamond formation which seems to suit him perfectly as he gets more involved.​

Good old Salford. Just made it to league football after 4 seasons. James Poole has been excellent for me. 100 league goals but I don't think he'll cut it in League 2.

Good luck climbing the leagues. Its a long way and finances are awful.

Great story so far mate, been looking to do a Salford City save myself but due to me being completely inept with technology I haven't worked out how to add the leagues....

Would love it if Scholes took over them in real life!

Good old Salford. Just made it to league football after 4 seasons. James Poole has been excellent for me. 100 league goals but I don't think he'll cut it in League 2.

Good luck climbing the leagues. Its a long way and finances are awful.

Nice one mate :) Where did you play James Poole? Cant seem to find his best position!

I had a look at how far we've got to go yesterday, depressing to say the least haha

Great story so far mate, been looking to do a Salford City save myself but due to me being completely inept with technology I haven't worked out how to add the leagues....

Would love it if Scholes took over them in real life!

Thanks mate :) Hahaha, I've left a link earlier in the save if you want to download that.

Would be brilliant but sadly can't see him slumming it in the 8th division haha

View attachment 181065

APRIL 2016

With only 4 games to play it’s still all to play for. The title is between us, Ashton Utd and Blyth with us still 2 points behind top spot.
I’m more worried about Ashton though in 2nd​, they’ve now won 4 in a row while Blyth are still in some poor form having only won 1 of their last 5 games.

All we can do is win all 4 of our games and hope both Ashton and Blyth slip up at some point …

View attachment 181064

Clark

An opportunity wasted here.
We took the lead when Clark converted a penalty just after half time. Luke Hornsey then scored a brilliant goal for Frickley though to equalise. With us dropping 2 points we're now 4 points off top spot.

View attachment 181063

We fall further behind Blyth with them winning however, there was some good news as Ashton fell to their first defeat in 6 to draw us level on points.

View attachment 181062

This doesn’t seem to be going to plan!

It was such a good opportunity as both Blyth and Ashton lost. We could have gone within 1 point off top with a win here.

Sadly though we were **** and were lucky that we kept it down to 3. Chris Lynch saw red after half an hour with the score still goalless. This totally changed the game as Darlington were far superior. We now have hope that Blyth get only 1 point from the next 2 games.

View attachment 181061

Still 4 behind with Blyth becoming odds on favourites for the title now.

View attachment 181060

What is going on here!

Luke Giverin returned from a 3 match ban ... to get sent off again! He'll now miss part of the play offs.

We throw away any hopes of the title here as Blyth clinch the title mathematically with a game to spare.

View attachment 181059

6 points behind with only a game left means we'll have to settle for the play offs.

View attachment 181058

We rested a few of the better players here with our minds already on the play offs.

Another goalless draw which see's us enter into the play offs in shocking form! We didn't play too badly here and should have won quite comfortably, Gareth Seddon missing a number of chances.

View attachment 181057

Well at least we go into the play off ins good form!!

What a horrendous way to finish the season!

Just as started to dream of the league title, we blow it by drawing 3 of the remaining 4 games and losing the other.

Almost as worrying is our lack of goals, that's now 3 blanks in a row!

View attachment 181056

With 1 win in our last 5 we actually dropped a place this month, into 4th​ … so much of winning the league!!
This means we play Skelmersdale in the play off semi final.

View attachment 181055

I’m quite pleased about this as we’ve already done the double over Skelmersadle. I really wanted to avoid Ashton and Darlington but I guess we’ll have to play them at some point if we want promotion.​

View attachment 181043

Just as I was driving to the final training session before the play off semi final, my phone rang …

It was Gary Neville. He’ll just be wishing me luck …

Gary Neville – Scholsey, bad news mate! I’ve just had a call from Peter Lim who’s told me if the lads don’t get win these play offs then there’s no contract on offer for you or any of the senior lads.

Paul Scholes – What?! I’ve only been here 8 months!

Gary Neville – I know, not my decision mate. Win these play offs though and he’s happy to leave us to it.

Paul Scholes – Why’s he getting involved now?

Gary Neville – He’s not happy with the results this season. He thought we’d win the league easily this year.

Paul Scholes – Is he mad! We only got promoted last season!

Gary Neville – I know, we just can’t get through to him. He says if we don’t get promoted this season then he’ll have to replace you.
Anyway, I’ve got to go mate. Good luck tonight! I’ll see you in the final.

I couldn’t believe what I’d just heard! I’d only been here a few months and they’re talking about sacking me already.

I really felt for the lads as well, most of the star players (if you can call them that) are out of contract at the end of the season. If we don’t go up then we can’t renew their deals.

These play off games just go even more important!

View attachment 180966

The final training went well and everyone was confident of beating Skelmersdale for the 3rd​ time this season in the play off semi final, however as I sat at home I had another phone call. This time from the club doctor ...

Doctor – Some bad news boss, John McGrath picked up an injury in today’s session. I’m afraid he’ll miss these play off games.

Paul Scholes – ****! You’re joking?

Doctor – Afraid not boss, he’s knees have gone! He’s had a few injuries like this throughout this season.
Paul Scholes – Thanks for letting me know doc.

****!

Our most influential midfield player ruled out for the most important games of the season. McGrath didn’t move a lot as his physicals were terrible but once he was one the ball he made things happen.

With the game being played in a few days’ time, I drastically racked my brain to think who could fill this void.
Then I thought, I’d got this kid ready to sign in pre-season on a free transfer. I quickly rang him up and agreed for him to join straight away. Less than 12 hours later he was in my office signed and sealed.

This was a huge gamble but one we needed to take.

With that sorted, this is the line up I’d be going with …

View attachment 180964

A bit of a strange formation and one we haven’t used this season.

My hands were forced a little with our first choice left back, Stephen O’Halloran out injured and his replacement, Luke Giverin, still suspended.

That meant we went with a back 3 with Lynch giving some experience to the two young center backs.
I’ve also put in some added protection for them in tunji moses, he hasn’t played much this season but is the only one capable of playing that holding role.

This will allow the midfield 3 to get forward a bit more, there’s loads of energy in that midfield as all like to play a box to box role.

Just infront of them is the main man, James Poole! Recently back from injury and in great form playing this central position. Had he been fit all season we would have probably been closer to Blyth.

We also make a change up front with Bret Ormerod coming in for Gareth Seddon. Seddon has had a brilliant season but is bang out of form, a break should do him the best. Partnering Ormerod is Danny Webber who is also out of form but luckily for him, we have no one else capable of replacing him.

This is a huge risk, playing a totally new formation along with a new signing who’s only been at the club less than a day.

Let’s see if the risk pays off.​

View attachment 180959

So, here we have it, The Evo-Stick Northern Premier Division Play Off Semi Final … really hitting the big time here!

This is how both sides line up …

View attachment 180958

I’ve already discussed our formation and line up and to be honest I can’t tell you anything about Skelmersdale’s line up other than it looks to be standard 4-4-2 which we’ve done quite well against this season.

The game is being played at a neutral venue and is a one of game as opposed to the standard two legged play off semi final you’d find in the football league.

Let’s see how we get on …

View attachment 180957

We’ve done it!

We’re in the final!

Back to our best just in time here.

Bret Ormerod opened the scoring after coming into the side for out of form Gareth Seddon.

Skelmersdale equalised from a corner just before half time though which rocked us a little.

Ormerod then played through Webber midway through the second half as he finished past the keeper just like he had done all season.

Seddon came off the bench and made it 3 to put to bed any nerves we had.

Let's see how the other game went on and who we'll be playing in the final then ...

View attachment 180956

In the other Semi Final, Darlington beat Ashton Utd after the game went to penalties.

Either team would be difficult regardless of who we played in the final.

Our record against Darlington is horrendous though with us losing both home and away to them already.​

View attachment 180753

PLAY OFF FINAL

So here we are, the biggest game of the season and my biggest game of my managerial career!

We face a side which has proved to be a bit of a bogey team for us this season. Darlington are our opponents and 2 defeats already this season doesn't bode well.

View attachment 180751

We go with the same side that faced Skelmersdale in the Semi Final, partly because of how well we played and partly because injuries and suspensions dictated.

The only real decision we had was whether we started Bret Ormerod after he started and scored in the Semi final, or whether we put Gareth Seddon back in the side after an impressive season.

We decided to go with Ormerod although he'll probably only be able to last an hour or so.

Once again, I can't tell you anything about our oponents other than they line up with a direct 4-4-2.

Let's see how we get on ...

View attachment 180748

We've done it! We're up!!

A 2-0 lead in what was a very even game.

My nerves were shot to pieces all game with every chance Darlington had looking like a certain goal.

The score remained goalless right up until the 80th minute when Korey Roberts rose highest and powered home a bullet header from an inswinging corner.

Darlington really went for the equaliser as you'd expect but this just allowed us to hit them on the counter. Something we did superbly in injury time. Kelvin Douglas stole the ball just outside his own penalty area, he ran almost the full length of the pitch and squared the ball to Seddon, who had come on as a second half sub, who stroked the ball home to secure our promotion.

View attachment 180745

Nice one mate :) Where did you play James Poole? Cant seem to find his best position!

I had a look at how far we've got to go yesterday, depressing to say the least haha

I played him up front in a 4-3-3 with Webber and Seddon

View attachment 180416

After the play off win me and the rest of the Class of 92 took all the lads out to celebrate, as I was recovering the next day Gary Neville range me once again ...

Gary Neville – Well done Scholsey, I knew we’d do it!

Paul Scholes – I’ve never felt so nervous Gary!

Gary Neville – I bet, us lot were nervous just watching. Anyway, I’ve just spoken with Peter Lim and the following contracts have been agreed …

View attachment 180415

View attachment 180414

View attachment 180413

View attachment 180412

View attachment 180411

View attachment 180410

Paul Scholes – Brilliant! I was so worried for this lot. Most of them are good enough for the next season anyway. Thanks Gary.

Gary Neville – No worries. And don’t worry, he hadn’t forgotten about you either.

View attachment 180408

Paul Scholes – Cheers Gary, see you next season.

So, the clubs main and best players were rewarded with contract extensions after a good season for them all.

Both Seddon and Webber both recieved extensions despite being well into their 30's now. I'm hoping that they can both continue their good form this season and hit the ground running.

Poole also got an extension, I'm keen to see what he can offer with him missing most of this season with a broken foot.

Chris and Jay Lynch also stay on but will hopefully both just be acting as cover next season.

Luke Clarke is the other player set to stay with us after a good end to this season.

Sadly though, there's one player who won't be with us this season ...

View attachment 180404

Aged 40 Bret Ormerod calls it a day and retires from professional football.

He never really did enough here, although he was brilliant in the two play off games.

I think this is the right decision for him with his stat's and performances down week on week. This means we really need to find a couple of strikers for next season.​

View attachment 178490

With us only limping over the line last season, we really needed to strengthen the side for our first season in the Vanarama National North. We immediately jumped into the transfer market ...

View attachment 178489

Louie Theophanous was the first player to join us after his one year deal with St Albans ran out. St Albans are in the equivalent league as us now so he has experience at this level. Sadly he only managed 7 goals in 40 appearances which he'll need to improve on this time around.

He has good finishing, pace and off the ball movement so he should be plenty good enough for us.

View attachment 178488

Rio Murray was the next player to join and will act as cover upfront. He's no where near the quality of Louie Theophanous but with Ormerod retiring last season we were short on numbers upfront coming into this season.

View attachment 178487

View attachment 178486

We then looked to sort the defence out with the two loan signings of last season re-joining us.

Korey Roberts re-joins on a season long loan from Walsall whilst Josh Beaumont will also be with us all season after signing from Wigan on loan.

Both are decent and should be able to cut it at this level. The thing that worries me the most is their age and inexperience, especially if they'll be playing together.

View attachment 178485

Joe Burgess is the final player to join.

He has decent stats and is probably a little more rounded than Roberts and Beaumont. He's decent pace as well which always helps in this position.

View attachment 178484

Not a defender but I think Anthony Griffith will help the defence out more than any other signing we've made.

A decent holding midfielder who's more than capable of sitting infront of the defence to protect them.

View attachment 178483

Danny Schofield came in as another midfielder, this time one that's more attack minded.

If you ignore his physical stats then he's a cracking player, I am a little concerned though that he can't run. If he can get on the ball though he should be able to make things happen.

View attachment 178482

David Fitzpatrick is the final player to join.

Able to play on either flank but favours the right. He's quick enough and should be able to make things happen. His crossing ability needs working on though.

I also wanted to show you a couple of youth players who look capable of making the grade ...

View attachment 178480

View attachment 178479

Two players here who can quite easily make the first team squad some time soon.

Zidkigah Vaughn still has some way to go before being anywhere near first choice but at only 16 I'm certainly hopeful about him.

Jay Vaughan on the other hand is already better than Jay Lynch and could well prove to be number one this season from the off.

Sadly that won't prove to the case ... not straight away anyway ...

View attachment 178477

A dislocated shoulder right before the season starts means he'll miss the first few months of the season!

Therefore I had to look for a replacement ...

View attachment 178476

Ian Ormson comes in just before the season starts and actually looks quite good. I feel a lot happier relying on his rather than a 16 year old between the sticks.

So with all the transfers out the way ...

View attachment 178474

So the board have given me a target of a mid-table finish this season. Personally I'd like to challenge for the play offs but I know that might be a bit ambitious.

This is how the season will start for us ...

View attachment 178473

A busy period to start the season but one we can certainly do well from.

The first month looks quite well for us with only Stockport expected to finish in the top half. Hopefully we lay down a marker early on.

Looking at the season preview really doesn't fill me with confidence though ...

View attachment 178471

The experts are expecting an 18th place finish and that we're more likely to involved in a relegation scrap than a promotion challenge.

Lets prove them wrong!!

View attachment 178377

So, the new season us upon us, and this is the tactic I plan on using ...

View attachment 178370

Bit ambitious for this level of football but it's played due to our lack of full backs. I'm not ruling out totally changing this at some point though depending on how it goes.

Seddon and Webber keep their place upfront despite the new arrivals but given their age and fitness, I can't see them playing twice a week between them.

Let's see how we get on ...

View attachment 178365

A good opening win but one that gives me a lot to worry about.

Anthony Griffin opened the scoring just after half time after Fitzpatrick layed the balled off to him 8 yards out. Harrogate then got one back before they totally turned things around by taking a shock lead.

We weren’t going to lie down though as Danny Webber equalised less than 60 seconds later with a good low strike from the edge of the box.

We then grabbed a winner in a real end to end game, David Fitzpatrick grabbing the winner on his debut for the club. He headed home from the far post after a brilliant ball in by James Poole.

View attachment 178363

A resounding win here with Gareth Seddon and James Poole back to their best.

Kelvin Douglas opened scoring with a brilliant finish from the edge of the box. Gareth Seddon then scored his first of the day just after half time when Poole put in a cracking cross for Seddon to head home.

Zidkigah Vaughn came off the bench to make his debut in football and he immediately won a penalty which Seddon smashed home to make it 3-0.

View attachment 178362

I can’t believe we lost this game! Leamington took the lead early on with a good header from a corner. We equalised though through James Poole with his first of the season just before half time. We threw the game away though when Joe Burgess made a really short backpass to him which Michael Clarke got to and finished to make it 2-1.

View attachment 178361

A good challenge here as we faced the side that joined us in promotion last season. We truly proved that we were the side better equipped for this level.

This was without doubt our best performance of the season. Gareth Seddon grabbed both goals but that doesn’t tell the whole story, he also hit the woodwork twice as well as Danny Scholefield missing a first half penalty.

View attachment 178360

To be honest I think Stockport can count themselves lucky to get anything out of this game.

Having said that our first half display was appalling! We found ourselves 2-0 down before half time. We made changes at half time with Louie Theophanous coming on for Danny Webber who was really poor today. He got us back in the game 5 minutes after coming on with a smart finish from a corner.

Gareth Seddon then salvaged a draw with less than 5 minutes to play with a thunderous left footed effort from inside the penalty area. We had a couple of chances late on but just couldn’t get the final ball right. Still I’m pleased with a point after seeing how poor we were in the first half and against a side predicted to finish second in a local derby too.

View attachment 178359

A decent start to life in the Vanarama North.

3 wins and a draw from the first 5 games is about as good as we could have hoped for.

We always thought the fixture list had been quite kind to us but we still had to get the job done.

View attachment 178346

Our good start to the season sees us in 4th place at this early stage.

Promising signs though.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 178357

GARETH SEDDON

5 goals in 5 games for Seddon proves he can still hack in this league.

I was worrying about whether he was capable but I think this probably proves it.

View attachment 177862

SEPTEMBER 2016

View attachment 177861

An unbelievable game to start the month! Once again we took a 2-0 lead but threw it away, unlike last time though we went on to lose the game.

James Poole opened the scoring with a great strike from the right hand side of the area. Seddon then made it 2-0 with an even better strike from even further out. However we then totally collapsed and allowed North Ferriby to draw level. Danny Webber put us back in the lead at 3-2 with his first goal in 5.

Once again we collapsed, this time conceding 3 goals in 10 minutes! Our defending was terrible and could have even conceded more! We got one back late on through substitute Rio Murray but couldn’t find an equaliser.

Even more bad news here was an injury picked up by Webber which rules him out for a month or so.

View attachment 177860

Back to winning ways but we still look shakey at the back. Louie Theophanous grabbed a brace after coming into the side to replace the injured Danny Webber. We again threw away our lead but at least managed to pull this one around. We twice went infront but were twice pegged back. A Danny Schofield penalty late on sealed the victory for us.

View attachment 177859

A bit of a disappointing draw here against a side deep in the relegation zone.

We made a change at the back with Chris Lynch coming in for the young and inexperienced Korey Roberts who’s been at fault for too many goals already this season. James Poole again opened the scoring after a defensive mistake allowed him through on goal.

We threw away yet another lead when Craig Hobson beat Josh Beaumont at the far post to draw level.

View attachment 177858

Another disappointing draw here against much weaker opposition in the division below us.

Rio Murray opened the scoring with his second goal of the season in his first start. Buxton drew level not long after due to some more sloppy defending. Our day got harder when Anthony Griffin saw red just after the half hour mark. With the scoring level it means we have to do all this again in the replay.

View attachment 177857

We got through this after another poor performance against them. Our second string side were put out again and just about got the job done here. Gareth Seddon scored the only goal of the game when Rio Murray put in a lovely cross which Seddon headed home at the far post.

View attachment 177863

An up and down month here with far too many goals conceded!

A win, draw and a defeat in the league as well as beating Buxton in the FA Cup replay. That puts us within 2 games of the 1st round proper.

We're still in a strong position in the league though ...

View attachment 177853

Still stay 4th in the league at this early stage.

A play off position would be great but we'll have to sort the defence out if we want to stay there. We now have the worst defensive record in the to 10!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 177852

JAMES POOLE

Poole has had a brilliant start to the season so far with 2 goals this month and an average rating of 7.88. So far he's made the transition up a league very well.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll perform now he's finally over the injury he picked up last season.

What a brilliant start to the league.... Impressed with Seddon stepping up to the plate, who knows, if you get promoted maybe he has a season in the Conference National left in him!