View attachment 168553

MAN UTD COME TO VISIT

The probably the biggest game we've played yet, certainly the biggest team we've played in front of the biggest attendance.

Man Utd struggled last season but were still able to put our a strong side here ...

View attachment 168550

Juan Mata, Ross Barkely, Martin Odegaard, Wanyama and Chris Smalling being the stand out players in a star-studded Man Utd side.

I'd hoped that they'd stick the kids in today but sadly not.

Meanwhile, we make a few changes to our standard line up! Gary Neville and Phil Neville come in to fill in at the full back slots. Nicky **** and Paul Scholes come in at central midfield while Ryan Giggs coming in on the left wing.

With this match being the first friendly, the rest of the side stayed the same with us unable to bring anyone else in yet.

Let's see how we get on then ...

View attachment 168543

View attachment 168530

What a close game!

Man Utd were always going to win this and really should have won it more comfortably.

Just as the script predicted, I (Paul Scholes) opened the scoring with a trademark finish from the edge of the box. I couldn't have wished for a better start!

My old mate, Ryan Giggs almost doubled our lead straight after but his effort was well saved.

View attachment 168529

Man Utd levelled a couple of minutes later with a really good free-kick from Juan Mata, Nicky **** brining him down beforehand.

Man U's dominance then showed as they pulled ahead thanks to goals from Ross Barkley and Stefan De Vrij.

There was still time for the fans to cheer something though as Jake Blake went on to get us back into the game with less than 10 minutes to go.

Sadly though we couldn't find an equaliser but we can still put this down as a great experience for both current and older players.

View attachment 168528

****, so close to beating Man United! :O It would have been a great achievement! Keep up the good work mate :)

View attachment 168515

PRE-SEASON

With the Man U game out of our system, it was time for us to fully concentrate on preparing for the new league campaign now as we look forward to League football.

Despite me putting all my efforts into bringing players in, the first bit of news concerned an outgoing ...

View attachment 168514

Probably means we need another midfielder as cover.

He was with us for 3 seasons and was a regular for the first 2. Last season though his influence waned a little as he played less and less football.

Still a good servant to the club though and someone we could always rely on.

We then went on a bit of a spending spree (despite their being absolutely no money at the club) ...

View attachment 168513

The first arrival is an older head who should really give us some added experience.

Dean Lewington has been at MK Dons/Wimbledon for the last 19 years and made well over 600 appearances for them. He’s most recently been playing in League One and was still a regular last season so I’m surprised he’s dropped to this level.

He'll replace Christian Hill at left back, Hill has done really well for us over the last 2 years or so but I feel League Two is a step too far for him, especially for him to be a starter anyway.

View attachment 168512

Another defensive addition as Dembele signs from Barnet after being their 4 years.

He’s bags of experience with over 200 career appearances including over 100 in League Two. He’s even got international experience by being capped once by Mali.

Looks a beast in the air with 15 jumping and being 6'3". He'll probably be our first choice defender this season.

View attachment 168511

One final defensive player joins in what’s going to be a new look back line this season.

Luke Booker was formerly in the Leeds academy but failed to make an appearance. He later joined Gateshead making 80 appearances.

He signed for us after impressing in an England trialist game.

View attachment 168510

We move away from defensive additions with the first attacking midfielder joining but one that can also play wide left if needs be.

Formerly of Peterborough of League One but only managed less than 50 appearances over the last 3 seasons.

View attachment 168509

A young player who’s spent his whole career at Plymouth and racked up over 100 appearances for them. Can play either up front or just behind the main striker.

He looks a decent player and at still only 24 has potential to improve further.

View attachment 168508

Signed after impressing in the same trialist game as Luke Booker.

Formerly of Man Utd but has never made a professional debut. He looks really good and will give great competition to Calvert-Lewin on the left wing.

One final signing:

View attachment 168507

This is a huge risk!

Nile Ranger signs as a back up striker, he joins with a real attitude problem but if he can be judged just on his footballing ability then he’s a good player.

He signs after making 3 appearances in 3 years for Notts County which doesn't exactly fill you with confidence.

We then had just one final outgoing ...

View attachment 168506

The only other outgoing this pre-season, with McDonald dropping two divisions and joins Darlington in the Vanarama North.

He made just shy of 100 appearances for us and celebrated 2 promotions.

Like a few of the lads though, I just felt League Two was beyond him.​

View attachment 167691

START OF SEASON

So, here we are then, the start of the 2019/2020 with the club competing in league football for the first time in their history.

View attachment 167690

Once again we're predicted to finish bottom of the league, I think this has been the same now for the last 3 or 4 years!

Looking at this though it really makes me think that there's some huge football teams in the division. Portsmouth, Swindon, Peterborough and Burton looking to be the better sides. It's a far cry from playing Granthan town 4 years ago.

View attachment 167689

This shows where we are this season with the lowest wage bill of the league as well as predicted to finish bottom.

We're some way behind the other teams despite bringing in 7 players during pre-season.

View attachment 167688

We start the season with some favourable fixtures.

Only Cheltenham are predicted to finish in the top half with the rest of the teams expected to struggle this season.

We then drew Championship side Sheffield Wednesday in the first round of the league cup ... that should be fun!

With Northampton being the first game, this is how we lined up ...

View attachment 167687

JAY VAUGHAN - Keeps his place in goal after doing okay last season. He isn't brilliant but rarely makes any glaring mistakes.

CHRISTIAN HILL - Only starts here due to a slight injury to new signing Dean Lewington. Lewington should be back next week and will be our number one full back next season.

BIRA DEMBELE - Comes in for the outgoing Rod McDonald and looks to be a huge improvement on him.

LUKE BOOKER - Completes a new look central defensive partnership. Very inexperienced but hopefully Dembele, and Lewington when fit, can pull him through with their experience.

SADIQ EL-FITOURI - Undisputed right back for this season after being one of our best players last season. His pace can be a real asset both defensively and going forward.

ELLIOT WHITEHOUSE - Plays the deepest midfield role which I have a few concerns about as even he likes to get forward. He was the best player 2 years running in the Vanarama National so hopefully he can keep this going in League 2.

JAKE KENYON - Another new signing. It was a flip of coin whether he started or Dominic Calvert-Lewin. I decided to go with Kenyon but I expect these two to interchange throughout the season.

JAKE BLAKE - Fan favourite but playing in a slightly different role. His goal return was much improved last season so hopefully he can take to this more advanced position. He can always drop a little deeper if needs be.

TYLER HARVEY - Could be one of our best players this season. He can play up front but I chose to play him behind the striker today.

FEBIAN BRANDY - Keeps his place at right wing despite his injury hit season last season. If he can play 30+ games this season then we'll be happy. We just need to keep him fit.

DOMINIC CALVERT-LEWIN - This was the hardest decision to make. I was torn between him and Diedrick-Roberts to start but just went with Calvert-Lewin after impressing more in pre-season. Again, though, expect this to change throughout the season.

It's a slight change from last season as the midfielders are pushed forward into a more advanced role.

Anyway, let's see how we get on against Northampton in the first game ...

View attachment 167683

Not a great start to League football as Northampton embarrassed us at times here.

They were 3-0 up just after the half hour mark and never looked back as we hardly even created anything to get back into the game.

Northampton were only predicted to finish 18th which makes this defeat even worse.​

View attachment 166781

AUGUST 2019

After defeat to Northampton in the opener, the month continued with us taking part in the League Cup for the first time in the clubs history. A first round tie against Sheffield Wednesday followed ...

View attachment 166779

We recorded our second 3-0 win defeat in a row as Wednesday proved their quality here.

We stood firm in the first half but as soon as Wednesday got one just after half time I knew the game was up. Gary Hooper scored a brace to put them 2-0 before Liam Kelly made it 3 late on.

View attachment 166777

In just the second league game, we pick up our first point in league football.

After Dominic Calvert-Lewin had failed to impress in the opening two games, he was replaced by Kayne Diedrick-Roberts who was unlucky to miss out anyway.

He immediately impressed anyway as he opened the scoring after just 16 minutes. We couldn't hold onto the lead though with Cheltenham equalizing just after half time.

View attachment 166775

Really disappointed with this as Grimsby were in a relegation battle themselves last season, I guess it shows the level we have to be at to survive.

They opened the scoring after 2 minutes as they blew us away.

We picked ourselves up though with Diedrick-Roberts equalising soon after with his second in the last 2 games.

Grimsby went back to controlling the game though and eventually ran out comfortable winners.

View attachment 166774

We actually played pretty well here but fell to yet another defeat which roots us to the bottom of the league at this early stage.

We took the lead when the ball bounced about the penalty area following a corner, the ball eventually fell to center half, Luke Booker who finished well from close range.

Barnet came back into it though and scored 2 goals in 8 minutes which we couldn't respond to as they ran out 2-1 winners.

View attachment 166773

A brilliant win here in another good performance.

I’d resigned myself to a draw before Tyler Harvey came off the bench to grab a last minute winner.

Elliot Whitehouse played a wonderful ball to him which he controlled and finished from 12 yards out. We really needed this win to give us a bit of hope after 4 defeats in the opening 5 games.

View attachment 166772

The opening month was a real awakening to this division and just how tough it will be.

The final 2 games of the month really gives me confidence though, especially the one and only victory over Oxford. The win takes us just outside the relegation places.

With only 2 relegation slots in this division, we just need 2 really weak sides to give us a chance of staying up.

View attachment 166771

Early stages to be showing you the league table I know.

Thankfully though there seems to be a few sides struggling just as much as we are. With 4 points from the opening 5 games we sit just outside the relegation zone.

We also made a late signing in the month ...

View attachment 166769

Jermain Grandison signs as a back up full back / center half.

He’ll probably have more luck playing centrally with El-Fitouri playing really well.

We’ll need him for cover though with El-Fitouri being called up for internationally more and more. Spent the last 9 years at Shrewsbury and was a starter every season.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

View attachment 166770

SADIQ EL-FITOURI

With a poor start to the season, no one had really stood out but El-Fitouri had started the season reasonably well, playing a slightly more defensive role than last season. His relationship with Brandy seems to have continued from last season too.

View attachment 166734

SEPTEMBER 2019

After a really poor start to the season I was keen on getting some points on the board this month. Our finish to August gave me confidence as our performances were ever improving.

View attachment 166733

We took on our old affiliated club here and showed that we deserve to be where we are.

It was another good performance as our defence finally looked to have got it’s act together with 2 clean sheets in a row.

Diedrick-Roberts got his 3rd​ of the season to open the scoring as he looks to have found some form.

Nile Ranger then scored his first for the club midway through the second half. If we’re honest their ‘keeper was at fault for both goals, the first being quite comical.

Eliot Kebbie received a late red card after replacing Sadiq El-Fitouri who missed out through international duty. With all 3 subs used, we had to play the final 10 minutes or do with just 10 men.

View attachment 166732

Bit of a disappointment here, although Cambridge are one of the strongest sides in the division and are currently 2nd​.

They raced into a 2-0 lead just after the half hour mark.

We managed to get one back though with Jack Blake scoring his first of the campaign with a screamer from outside the box.

Cambridge were then reduced to 10 men Conor Newton was shown his second yellow, I really fancied us getting back into the game at this point and made all 3 signings as we went for the equaliser.

It turned out this was a mistake as just 10 minutes later we had a card of our own, Sadiq El-Fitouri being shown his march orders. With all 3 subs used we couldn’t change things up at all.

Sadly, we just couldn’t find a second as Cambridge frustrated us very well.

View attachment 166731

Our best performance of the season so far.

Jermain Grandison made his debut today playing at right back today as we secured a brilliant win. The change came with Sadiq El-Fitouri missing out through international duty once again.

Our chances really improved when Matty Pearson was shown a red card after just 13 minutes when he went through the back of Diedrick-Roberts just outside the penalty area.

Diedrick-Roberts opened the scoring with his first of the afternoon after finishing off a cross from Febian Brandy.

We were then given an opportunity to double the lead early in the second half from the penalty spot, an opportunity which Elliot Whitehouse duly took.

Brandy and Diedrick-Roberts then combined again just 6 minutes later to make it 3-0, it was a carbon copy of our first.

Accrington pulled one back after they hit us on the break as we fell asleep at the back.

Bira Dembele though added some gloss to the scoreline by scoring the 4th​ after the ball fell to him 6 yards out from a corner.

View attachment 166730

Another brilliant win as we again take on one of the bigger teams in the league.

Sadiq El-Fitouri came back into the side with Grandison moving to a central position.

Febian Brandy opened the scoring with his first of the season, his first in 10 games. Elliot Whitehouse played him through for him to round the ‘keeper and finish well.

Burton equalised after a goalkeeping error as Jay Vaughan let in a weak shot from Kwame Thomas.

We re-took the lead though with the unlikeliest of goalscorers. Dean Lewington with the second goal after he finished a loose ball from a corner.

To round things off, Diedrick-Roberts finished things off by scoring the 3rd​ goal after a brilliant 1-2 with Beautyman. His 6th​ goal in 9 games which puts him second top goalscorer in the league.

View attachment 166729

What a win! I really didn’t see this one coming either with Bury in the play offs before kick off.

Kayne Diedrick-Roberts continued his great form by bagging a hattrick, the 3rd​ being something special as he took the ball down and blasted it home from range.

Elliot Whitehouse also scored his second penalty of the season as we were in cruise control and 4-0 at half time.

I’m disappointed to have conceded two goals but Bury threw everything at us in the second half with nothing to lose. Both Bury goals came from corners which is something we need to improve at defending.

View attachment 166727

A much better month as finally hit some form and show we're more than capable of performing at this level.

It's nice to see the attacking football is starting to work as well with 13 goals scored this month in just 5 games.

View attachment 166726

After 10 games we currently occupy one of the play off spots.

Early days still but it's certainly encouraging that we're right up there already. I still fully believe that this season will be a relegation battle though.

Winning 4 out of 5, our form was recognised as I won the manager of the month award ...

View attachment 166725

Really pleased with this as our form really picked up as we struggled early on.

It wasn't all plain sailing though ...

View attachment 166724

I had a feeling this wouldn’t take long. He’s asked to move away due to his lack of playing time, but how can I drop Diedrick-Roberts when he’s in the form of his life. I just hope he isn't going to be too disruptive in the dressing room.

View attachment 166723

New signing Jermain Grandison looks to be out until the new year at the very earliest. He only played 3 times but looked quality at this level. Can play in several different positions as well, he’ll be missed.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

View attachment 166722

KAYNE DIEDRICK-ROBERTS

A brilliant month for the young striker with 7 goals in 5 games, including a hattrick last time out against Bury. He’s now the league’s top scorer as he leads Matt Derbyshire of Exeter by a single goal.

Glad to see the team gelling a bit more. Hopefully can keep up the better form.

Just read through this, you've had a good time of it with Salford, expecting this season to challenge you a bit that is for sure but coping well so far

Glad to see the team gelling a bit more. Hopefully can keep up the better form.

Thanks mate :) Hopefully can, the first month was a real struggle though!

Just read through this, you've had a good time of it with Salford, expecting this season to challenge you a bit that is for sure but coping well so far

I'm expecting that as well mate haha! Some teams just batter us and win comfortably.

View attachment 166166

OCTOBER 2019

After a brilliant September, we found ourselves unexpectedly in a play off spot. We needed to keep our good form going though if we wanted to stay their.

View attachment 166160

A bit of a poorer performance than we’ve been used to in the last few weeks.

Hartlepool looked the best side we’ve played this season and took an early lead.

We weren’t great but came into the game more as the game went on. Levelling in added on time through a great goal from Febian Brandy. Diedrick-Roberts played a cross field ball which Brandy finished on the volley into the far corner.

We then inexplicitly conceded again 2 minutes later in the 93rd​ minute. This is how we should have managed better and can see it as a point dropped.

View attachment 166159

Another really good side who really showed us up a bit today as we were knocked out of the Johnston Paint Trophy at the first round stage.

They took an early lead, just like Hartlepool did and then went on to a 3-0 lead with just 10 minutes to go.

Kayne Diedrick-Roberts got a late consolation with a good finish which is his 10th​ of the season at this early stage, after just 12 played.

View attachment 166158

Our first win of the month.

This should have been much more comfortable though with us being 3-0 up with 5 minutes left. Jack Blake scored his 2nd​ and 3rd​ goal of the season, the second goal today being a great strike from the edge of the area.

Kayne Diedrick-Roberts once again got off the scoresheet which we’ve come to expect now this season. Our defence just fell asleep then as we allowed Port Vale back into it to make the finish really nervy.

View attachment 166157

Another poor defeat here in our 4th​ defeat of the month.

We offered very little today as we again struggle away from home. Crawley looked a decent side and scored 2 good goals, they also had chances before this.

View attachment 166156

A really disappointing defeat, especially after taking the lead.

David Fitzpatrick scored his first goal in league football to open the scoring. He’d only come into the side to replace the injured Brandy who misses a few days with flu.

Wilson Kneeshaw came off the bench to bet the winner after a brilliant ball through from Chris Eagles who had absolutely run the show all game.

View attachment 166155

A very disappointing month, especially when you take into account just how good we were last month!

Only 1 win in the 6 games played is more like our form at the beginning of the season.

View attachment 166154

We move right down in 15th after this poor form. We're 4 clear of relegation and 5 off the play off spots.

I'd have taken this at the beginning of the season but after last month I'd hoped for a little better.

Even more bad news ...

View attachment 166153

The injury news hit again!

New signing, Jermain Grandison was ruled out to 4-5 months with a hip injury.

He'd only just joined and only played a handful of games but he'll still be a big miss.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH:

View attachment 166152

KAYNE DIEDRICK-ROBERTS

Another impressive period for the young striker with 4 goals in 6 games in an otherwise disappointing month. He’s still the top goalscorer in the division with 12 goals in 14 games.

Tough month as mentioned above me.

Good to see Diedrick Roberts play so well.

View attachment 165971

NOVEMBER 2019

View attachment 165970

This has to be one of the most impressive wins of my managerial career.

Febian Brandy came back into the side to score the opener after being played through by Elliot Whitehouse.

Swindon equalised just before half time though from a corner, we’re conceding quite a few from set pieces now which is starting to worry me.

But Febian Brandy then turned provider when he set up Diedrick-Roberts who once again scored as we re-took the lead. Swindon equalised though less than a minute later, another goal from a set piece, this time a wide free-kick.

We continued to impress though and grabbed the winner when Jake Kenyon scored from close range. This was his first professional goal and it couldn’t come at a better time, winning us all 3 points.

View attachment 165968

Another brilliant win as we put in back to back league wins.

We played really well and thoroughly deserved the win, despite this Exeter still got the opener. The goal came about when Dembele missed his header and allowed John Marquis through on goal.

We continued to attack and looked dangerous throughout the second half. Dominic Calvert-Lewin got us back in the game though as he scored the goal of his live from about 35 yards out.

We got the winner 3 minutes later when Calvert-Lewin had another effort from just inside the box, his effort was saved and fell to Brandy who finished from 2 yards out.

View attachment 165965

This was a game we can look back and class ourselves as unlucky.

Mansfield took the lead from another set piece which is getting ridiculous now!

Brandy equalised as he enjoys some really good form lately, scoring his 5th​ of the season today. Mansfield then got a lucky second goal when Booker failed to intercept a ball through.

We really went for the equaliser which turned out to be a mistake. Calvert-Lewin putting our best chance wide. Nile Ranger came on as a sub and probably made the worst sub appearances I’ve ever witnessed.

View attachment 165962

A much better performance as we get back to winning ways.

Diedrick-Roberts opened the scoring with his 15th​ of the season when he headed home from a cross Elliot Whitehouse cross.

We doubled the lead just before half time when Febian Brandy finished the ball from the edge of the box after Blake had taken a corner.

Woking made a quick start to the second half and got one back after Dembele was beaten in the air. We continued to dominate though and deserved the win.

View attachment 165960

Beaten by the better side here as we finish the month in really disappointing fashion.

Newport were better than us in every department and took their chances really well. We did at least witness something special ... Nile Ranger scoring a goal.

He came on a second half sub and finished off a good move thanks to Elliot Whitehouse.

View attachment 165959

A bit of a mixed bag here then as we struggled to keep our form going.

Most disappointingly was the fact that we were dumped out of the FA Cup by lower league opposition.

In the league though it was a decent return for us with 9 points out of a possible 15.

View attachment 165958

That ensures we stay in a mid table position but also move marginally closer to the play off spots.

We also managed to pull 8 clear of the relegation places as well. It's always nice to be nearer the play offs than relegation!

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 165957

ELLIOT WHITEHOUSE

Our player of the season for the last 2 years is really starting to show that he's capable of performing at this level level with his performances not really dropping.

Had a really influential month in central midfield, winning the man of the match award against Woking and Swindon as well as recording 2 assists during the month.

He missed the Fa Cup tie against Oxford and his absence really showed.​

View attachment 165361

DECEMBER 2019

View attachment 165358

The sequence of winning one then losing the next continues as we get back to winning ways here.

We made a really good start with Tyler Harvey opening the scoring after Diedrick-Roberts went on a great run and layed it on a plate for him.

Bira Dembele doubled the lead after Blake whipped in a corner for Dembele to head home at the far post.

Southend got one back before Victor Nirennold saw red for preventing a goalscoring opportunity just outside the box. Grandison came off the bench after he recovered much quicker than we thought from injury to make a return to the side.

View attachment 165352

How annoying as the pattern of winning one, losing one continues.

It now means we haven’t won back to back games since mid-September.

We got off to a good start though with Diedrick-Roberts opening the scoring after Brandy had continued his good form by getting to the byline and cutting it back for him.

Tom Hitchcock drew things level with a good headed goal with less than 20 minutes left. The game looked to be petering out for a draw, despite Nile Ranger missing a guilt edged chance late on.

Peterborough got the last minute winner from a late corner. We definitely deserved something from today, the fact that their ‘keeper won the man of the match award shows we were unlucky here.

View attachment 165351

We got an absolutely lesson taught to us here.

It was verging on embarrassing at time. Portsmouth are without doubt the best side we’ve played this season and I’m surprised they’re still in League 2.

They went 1-0 after 2 minutes and never looked back. Jack Blake scored for us with a good finish but it didn’t mean anything. At least the sequence has finally finished, sadly it means we lose 2 in a row.

View attachment 165350

Not the best game or performance but I really felt a clean sheet was important after shipping 5 in the last game.

We can thank goalkeeper, Jay Vaughan for the clean sheet with him pulling off some great saves and even won man of the match.

View attachment 165348

A bit of a disappointing month despite the good start.

The worse part was obviously the 5-1 hammering against Portsmouth.

View attachment 165344

We stay mid table as the season seems to be petering out a little with not an awful lot to play for as it seems.

I did enough though to persuade Ports Vale to offer me an interview ...

View attachment 165343

Their bottom of the league and 4 points off safety and sacked Kelvin Davies who was in charge for 4 months.

Really not something that interests me.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 165341

JACK BLAKE

A good period for the midfielder who wins this award over his midfield partner, Elliot Whitehouse. He scored one goal this month, against Portsmouth, which was nominated for goal of the month. He also got 2 assists as he’s proving he can cope with this level of football.

View attachment 162793

JANUARY 2020

View attachment 162792

A brilliant start to the month as we beat title hopefuls Barnet.

Jake Kenyon grabbed the only goal of the game with a really good finish low and hard into the corner. We looked a lot more assured defensively as we recorded our second straight clean sheet.

View attachment 162791

What a bizarre game!

Jake Kenyon put in his best performance of the season, scoring one and assisting one in the process. His goal was pure quality as well from the left hand side of the box.

Despite Kenyon playing really well it was Diedrick-Roberts who still stole the headlines though with 2 more goals including the winner, which takes his tally to 18 this season.

Brandy added further gloss to the scoreline in injury time as we hit them on the break.

Despite winning the first two games this month, we still delved into the transfer market with two new additions ...

View attachment 162790

The game against Cheltenham last time out really made me think we needed a couple of defensive additions. The first one was Kagisho Dikacoi who joins on a free transfer from Shrewsbury.

The defence is very often isolated with none of the midfielders really helping out so Dickocoi will sit infront of the defence and try and stop any oncoming attacks.

He’s got Premier League experience with Crystal Palace but has spent the majority of this season in Shrewsbury’s reserve team.

And one more ...

View attachment 162789

We also brought in another ‘keeper to try and solve the same problem. Jay Vaughan hasn’t done badly but Jones should be a safe pair of hands, bringing plenty of experience with him too.

He also joins on a free transfer after his deal with Tamworth expired. He's got Premier League and Championship experience though with Liverpool and Middlesbrough.

He'd getting on a bit but should see us through till the end of the season.

Back to league action though as we took on a struggling Grimsby side ...

View attachment 162788

Jones and Dikacoi made their debuts today.

Jake Kenyon carried on his good form from the previous game to open the scoring. Febian Brandy doubled the lead midway through the second half after Elliot Whitehouse had played a lovely ball forward to him.

Even more impressing was the defensively performance which I’m sure was helped with Dickacoi playing just in front of the defence.

View attachment 162787

Another bore draw!

But another good defensive display as we look totally different lining up with a holding midfielder in the side.

But it was Brad Jones who impressed the most with a string of fine saves. Febian Brandy had a couple of chances but put them both wide. This point puts us into the play offs though and only 2 off automatic.

View attachment 162786

We were outclassed here as once again we struggle against one of the divisions top sides.

The strikeforce alone won this one for Wimbledon with Kieran Agard and Billy Sharp both being too good for this level. We’ve now lost at least once against the whole of the top 10 this season, a stat that must improve if we want play offs.

View attachment 162785

We finish the month with our 3rd​ clean sheet in our last 4 games.

Once again we can thank Brad Jones for this as he pulled off a number of brilliant stops. Diedrick-Roberts really should have won it for us but his effort was somehow saved.

View attachment 162784

A fairly pleasing month, especially the start with 3 wins from the first 3 games.

Our goals dried up towards the end of the month which saw two bore draws and a defeat to AFC Wimbledon.

View attachment 162783

Midway through the month we were 4th, the finish to the month saw us drop right down into 14th, although only 4 points off the play off spots and with a game in hand.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 162782

BRAD JONES

A great start to his Salford career. Recorded 3 clean sheets in the 4 games he’s played. He’s really given the defence some added confidence too with some experience behind them. A special mention has to go to Jake Kenyon this month to who’s scored 3 goals in 6 games this month from left wing.

4 clean sheets and that close to play offs, it's looking promising. Hopefully the back end of the season can get you up there and we're looking at another play-off miracle from you!