Salthill Devon FC: From Obscurity To European Glory

Find the new crest you want and change it to the correct size then go into document/sports interactive/FM14/graphics/normal for the regular sized badges and small for the smaller ones

Salthill Devon FC

618831d1403554971-salthill-devon-fc-obscurity-european-glory-129404.png

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt
(Friendship Through Sports)

September Board Confidence

View attachment 354710

Another good month has cemented my spot amongst the board as untouchable. Great happiness being received in all areas.

September Youth Intake

View attachment 354715

Another good intake, something that I've been blessed with since I arrived at the club. Only problem is I've got another 5 star potential GK. Conroy makes it four quality youth keepers in five years, without mentioning Fallon who's my number one that I signed from St Pats for nothing last year.

James Conroy GK
View attachment 354716

Enda Gilmore DC
View attachment 354717

These are the two five star rated intakes. A couple of years being loaned out and mentored should see them banging on the door of the first team in a few years.

September Fixtures

View attachment 354711

Three wins in the league and a win in the Challenge Cup Quarter Final against First Division Finn Harps sees us return to the good form that seemed to desert us last month. Daly continues an impressive season for us scoring four times.

League Standings/Player Fixtures

View attachment 354712

A good month sees us maintain a lead of 13 points with three games remaining. Even though Sligo Rovers have a game in hand this means....

Salthill Devon FC are Champions!!!!

View attachment 354718
View attachment 354707

Amazing! I can't believe we've pulled it off after only five years in the job! The players played out of their skins this year and it's shown by how far ahead of Sligo Rovers we as they have dominated the league for the last couple of years.

This is my first trophy for the club and I'm not ashamed to admit that when we were crowned champions I jumped around the room like a madman! There have been so many times, even as near as last season when I was wondering if I was on a hiding to nothing with this club. The board wouldn't grant any requests, no one was coming to our games, we were losing so much money and couldn't attract any players of good quality to compete.

I got some players in this year, not a lot but they added some real quality to the first team and bringing the start of pre season training forward by a few weeks seems to have helped them gel as a team and we're seeing the benefits now. League champions also means....

Champions League Qualification!!!

View attachment 354708

The lucrative money on offer for the Champions League is in our grasp. It is so badly needed as we are at this stage almost one million pounds in debt. Just for being Champions we get 120K from the league, 170K from the Champions League as champions of Ireland and 240K even if we get knocked out of our first round of qualifiers. Add into that gate receipts and television money and the club isn't drowning in debt as much. If we have a good run we might even be debt free.

Manager of the Month Award

View attachment 354709

After not picking one up until August last year I've now got three since then.

Job Offer

View attachment 354714

Before I'd even sewn up the league title Real Madrid Castilla came knocking for an interview. It was tempting to hear them out but the excitement of Champions League football and the project here at SDFC was too much to turn my back on.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

October 2017

International Call Ups

View attachment 354671

We now have six players playing underage international football now. Pretty impressive for a semi professional side. Included amongst those 6 are 4 from our very own academy.

Irish Premier League Prize Money

View attachment 354670

Quite a jump in prize money for finishing first. 118K is very nice and will help chip away at our debt.

Irish Premier League Goal of the Month

View attachment 354669

Young midfielder Ray Moran picks up this gong with his first ever goal for SDFC. Given a go due to the league already being wrapped up he impressed scoring two goals. One from the penalty spot and this one a 26m free kick. Interestingly both his goals came in injury time, 90+3 and 90+4.

October Fixtures

View attachment 354665

We make it through to the Challenge Cup final with a 1-0 win over Sligo Rovers at the start of the month and continued that form for for the remaining three league games wrapping it up with an astounding 6-2 win over St Pats.

League Standings

View attachment 354666

Confirmation of our success in the league which was an easy 16 point margin at the end. Sligo Rovers who were 13 points behind at the end of last month with a game in hand fell away badly at the end of the season and finished a whopping 19 points behind, missing out on European football in the process. That goal difference of 42 is impressive showing that we managed to get both ends of the ground working at the same time like I had hoped this time last year.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

November Board Confidence

View attachment 354651

An excellent season all round. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Senior Challenge Cup Final Vs Dundalk

View attachment 354658

Not a particularly good final by any stretch. It may say we had more possession and shots but we were never at the races today which is disappointing, maybe a hangover from the league win?

Record High For Salthill

View attachment 354653

Yet again we beat last season's record high, five times in a row now. It can't be beaten again but hopefully it will be maintained.

Media Prediction 2017

View attachment 354648

Just a small reminder of where we should have finished...10 places above where we should have. At 26.00 for the win I think I mentioned about putting a few quid on it. Who would have thought?

Irish Premier League Team of the Year

View attachment 354657

This is the first year we've had a player make the Team of the Year and we do it in style by getting four in there!

Irish Premier League Team Stats

View attachment 354649

Ranked 2nd in goals scored and first in conceded will always give you a chance of winning the league. Notice that none of the other teams are in both of those categories showing how tough it is to get both attack and defence running well at the same time.

Irish Premier League Goalkeeper of the Year

View attachment 354655
View attachment 354652

Fallon dominates this award keeping a whopping 11 clean sheets in only 30 games and conceding 26. Impressive performance for the 21 year old who has come on in leaps and bound this year.

Irish Premier League Player Stats

View attachment 354650

Daire Daly shows how consistent his year was averaging 7.30 per game. He scored 14 league goals and 9 assists in 21 starts which for an 18 year old is highly impressive. He along with Fallon and Molloy where the big contributors to this success.

Irish Premier League Goal of the Year

View attachment 354654

Youngster Moran gets runner up with his magnificent free kick. Only played a handful of games this season and still managed to get on here.

Irish Premier League Manager of the Year

View attachment 354656

More acknowledgement for how good our season has been, winning the league and runners up in the Challenge Cup. I was 1400 points ahead of the manager who finished second which shows how far ahead we were.

Salthill Announce New Kit Sponsorship Deal

View attachment 354646

The new two year deal doubles our previous one but still isn't a lot of money at 28K. As we keep pushing towards Europe I reckon our next one in two years time when this one expires will be a lot larger again.

Board Set Initial Budgets

View attachment 354647

Somehow winning the league has seen my wage budget drop from this season? I'm already spending over it without signing anyone. Looks like more players than I would have liked will have to depart this year to be able to improve.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

December Board Confidence

View attachment 348785

Irish Premier League Review

View attachment 348786

The biggest overachievers due to finishing 10 places higher than predicted. Now that we're being chased as the champions it's a whole new challenge and pressure for the first time.

Murphy To Retire

View attachment 348784

One of the key players of our title run is retiring. I had spent the best part of 5 years trying to find a LB who would consistently contribute at both ends of the park and Danny Murphy fit that bill perfectly. Hard as nails in defence and a goal and assist machine from set pieces. Will be sorely missed and hopefully Alan Kehoe can step up.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

January Board Confidence

View attachment 348782

Salthill Fans Player of the Year Jason Molloy

View attachment 348778 View attachment 348779

Awarded more for his consistency rather than any spectacular amount of goals or assists. Could always be relied upon for a goal when we needed it. Having said that if his finishing had been better he would have scored 30+ goals.

Salhill Devon FC Best Eleven

View attachment 348780

Salthill Devon FC Overall Best Eleven

View attachment 348781

Not many changes here but I can see Daly breaking into the first XI and Brian Kelly coming in here too.

Republic of Ireland Club Reputation List

View attachment 348777

The league win sees us climb to 4th hot on the heels of Derry City and Dundalk. A full star increase in 12 months gives me hope that we can be the best in a few years.

Great story!
It's a shame Salthill Devon aren't competiting in the Irish First Division anymore, they've been replaced by Galway United!

Great story!
It's a shame Salthill Devon aren't competiting in the Irish First Division anymore, they've been replaced by Galway United!

It's actually SD Galway FC, not Galway Utd. It's a brand new club formed last year with board members from Salthill Devon, GUST (Galway United Supporters Trust) Mervue Utd and the Galway FA so there is now only one Galway club in the Irish Football League for the first time in a while. Be interesting to see how they go. They're currently sitting 4th with 7 games to go and 10 points off the promotion playoff spot. Not a bad season. Will be interesting to play as them in FM15 as they play at Eamonn Deacy Park which has a much higher capacity than Salthill's The Drom. Hopefully a larger supporter base as thats what's killing me in this one so far as im barely getting 200 to games even though we're amongst the top three clubs in Ireland and Sligo and Dundalk regularly get 2000/3000 people to their games.

Salthill Devon FC

Cairdeas Tre Spoirt

February Board Confidence

View attachment 345723

Sky Bet Odds

View attachment 345720

So we're made equal third favourite's for the title after blowing everyone away last year. They say it's always harder to retain the title as everyone is gunning for you but hopefully we can continue to push on and make a real fist of it not only in the league but the three cups and Europe.

Media Prediction

View attachment 345721

Player Injury

Daire Daly AMR/STC
View attachment 345722
Sports Hernia 5/6 Weeks

Massive blow as our young striking sensation will miss the first seven games of the season.

February Fixtures

View attachment 345724

Only one game of the season proper played and it was a one all draw away to Derry City. Not a bad result as they're always a good side and usually recruit very well.

League Standings/Player Stats

View attachment 345725

It's actually SD Galway FC, not Galway Utd. It's a brand new club formed last year with board members from Salthill Devon, GUST (Galway United Supporters Trust) Mervue Utd and the Galway FA so there is now only one Galway club in the Irish Football League for the first time in a while. Be interesting to see how they go. They're currently sitting 4th with 7 games to go and 10 points off the promotion playoff spot. Not a bad season. Will be interesting to play as them in FM15 as they play at Eamonn Deacy Park which has a much higher capacity than Salthill's The Drom. Hopefully a larger supporter base as thats what's killing me in this one so far as im barely getting 200 to games even though we're amongst the top three clubs in Ireland and Sligo and Dundalk regularly get 2000/3000 people to their games.

Are you from Galway?

Any updates coming?

Yeah in the next few days. I've had to do my practical for my UEFA licence so everything has revolved around that the last few weeks. Ive got a few months in advance just not had a chance to put them up. Must say this season is a doozie.