Samba hands in transfer request.

Bodell

Reaction score
Christopher Samba has revealed he wants to leave Blackburn after being angered by the decision to sack manager Sam Allardyce.

Indian food group Venky's only took charge at Ewood Park last month but have quickly made their presence felt by dispensing with the services of Allardyce.
The experienced tactician had guided Rovers to a position of security during a two-year reign and his departure came as a major surprise.

Steve Kean has been placed in caretaker charge and Sky Sports News understands he is on course to be named as the new boss on a permanent basis.

However, the club may have to cope without their captain and key defender Samba after he admitted he no longer wants to stay.

The 26-year-old has been so infuriated by the way that Allardyce was treated by the new owners that he is contemplating his future.

And Sky Sports sources understand he will hand in an official transfer request later on Wednesday.

"If this is the way the club's going to be run from now on, I don't want to be part of it and I want to leave," Samba said in The Sun.

Answers needed

"As captain it's very difficult to say this but I've thought long and hard about it. Nobody in football understands the decision to sack Sam.

"We could have been relegated last year and Sam saved the club, so how can he be treated like this now?"

Samba exempted chairman John Williams from blame, though, before pleading for a swift decision over Allardyce's replacement.

"I'm sure Mr Williams would not have made this decision. He's a football man and respects what a great job Sam has done," he said.

He added: "The players and fans need answers about the club's future. Unless we commit to who the manager is, how can we attract big players in January?"

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_6606885,00.html

Looks like the heart of Blackburn's team is off.

Samba is the definition of tank. I reckon he will go to West Ham ;)

He's rather upset at the way Big Sam was treated, and can't see how the club can attract big players in January, and he's right.
Huge knee jerk reaction though, Sam only left less than two weeks ago.

Oh dear, although I wasn't sad to see big sam and his football leave it was on the basis that I presumed a 'big name' had been lined up i.e. Martin Jol.

I am perplexed for them to then come out and say 'we wont rush a decision' and a new manager might not come in until the end of the season. Ridiculous, and now Samba wants to leave. Those Indians better get the act together.

I can only think of three teams that will sign Samba to be honest
Aston Villa
Everton
Stoke

Not as if he has alot of options if he wanted to stay in the Premier League

Oh dear, although I wasn't sad to see big sam and his football leave it was on the basis that I presumed a 'big name' had been lined up i.e. Martin Jol.

I am perplexed for them to then come out and say 'we wont rush a decision' and a new manager might not come in until the end of the season. Ridiculous, and now Samba wants to leave. Those Indians better get the act together.

You might need to change your name mate. ;)

Samba is a real tank, Plays Upfront and at the Back too good effect. Most teams in the Prem would be lucky to have him,, I wouldn't cry if fergie brought him as back up.

I can only think of three teams that will sign Samba to be honest
Aston Villa
Everton
Stoke

Not as if he has alot of options if he wanted to stay in the Premier League

I think there would be quite a few Prem teams that would want him, he's a absolute unit!

If he is at a decent price, I wouldn't mind if Wenger got him.
Would be a dead-set tank next to the Verminator.

If he is at a decent price, I wouldn't mind if Wenger got him.
Would be a dead-set tank next to the Verminator.

Agreed, but I doubt Arsenal would buy him tbh, I'm not quite sure whether he matches his passing style. But, he'd be handy for your set pieces etc.

Agreed, but I doubt Arsenal would buy him tbh, I'm not quite sure whether he matches his passing style. But, he'd be handy for your set pieces etc.
Probably not, but if he can do the basic passes it wouldn't be much of a problem. If we had of only got one CB in the summer, we might of got him, but I would be surprised if Wenger made a move.

I can see him being linked with almost every team in the prem from last to about 6th

Hopefully newcastle take him in though would be an absoulete solid addition at the back!
thats if fat mike opens his wallet!

Samba is a beast and when he brings the ball out of the back it is a joy to behold. Unfortunately it seems he wants to go to pastures new. Hope that if he leaves he goes abroad so we don't have to face him. There is alot more to his game than just being a tank at the back, he is very intelligent and can play football. Would be perfect for Arsenal alongside TV5.

Not a happy Rover today with this news. :'(

Can't see him going to Everton. Don't even know if we can afford to buy any players lol

Hope sunderland get him, and with bramble, turner and mensah out, we could do with him.

Samba Beassssstttt!

Sacking Big Sam seems like a terrible idea know with a draw they should win and now Samba requesting to move. Shows how Underrated Big Sam is..