San Marino- Attempting the Impossible

• Thread starter Thread starter flez85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 252
  • Views Views 62K
Special Feature: I'm a Dumbass!

For a while now I've been noticing that when my players are injured I've missed the news feed item about it. I figured I was just skipping through them without really reading them until recently. Lo and behold, I had no physios on staff! With a couple of key players out for at least a couple of months, namely Sotomayor with a broken leg and de Castro with a strained groin, I immediately set out to sign some physios:

View attachment 289786View attachment 289787

Yes, the lesser of the two becomes my head physio because the better wanted too much money.​

December 2017

View attachment 290060

Not sure why or how, but we're somehow playing better away than at home. The Atalanta loss was particularly painful because they're one of the teams right around us in the table. Against OL in the final Champions league group stage match, we performed well but they took their chances and we didn't. We redeemed ourselves in the last two games of the month, however, with an excellent 2-0 away win against Napoli and a 2-1 away win against Udinese- though we left that one late.

League Table

View attachment 290062

3 is still our magic number, with Juventus pulling away slightly again. The big surprise is Atalanta, who finished 10th last year and was predicted to finish the same this year, sitting in 2nd place. They have the leagu's best attack (marginally) and put that on display in their 3-1 win against us. With 21-22 matches remaining for teams anything can happen.

Champions League Group F

View attachment 290069

An amazing accomplishment for us, making it to the round of 16! Wait, do you guys here that?...off in the distance, yep, sounds like the funeral toll. We've drawn the most successful team in Champions League history, Real Madrid. :O

Squad

View attachment 290065

Accoring to the physios, Sotomayor may not recover from his broken leg in time to play again this season. That's especially disheartening as he was proving a worthwile signing before his injury. Floridia snags player of the month for December, the left winger picking up 5 assists in 6 matches and constantly delivering threatening passes. Kirev has levelled off his performances again and has finally convinced me that a replacement is needed.

Transfer In

View attachment 290067

I've been searching the past couple of years for a top class keeper, and think I finally found one that fits the bill. This young man was transfer listed at Anderlecht for the bargain price of $350k and I just couldn't pass him up. He doesn't speak Italian, but neither did Kirev when I signed him, so hopefully it won't be too much of a problem. In 5 years at Anderlecht, he made a total of 13 apperances, picking up 5 shutouts along the way to an average match rating of 7.46. Why Anderlecht let him go is a mystery, as he looks to be better than their current keeper.

2017 Awards

View attachment 290070View attachment 290072

I win my very first, of hopefully many more to come, Head Coach of the Year award. Even more impressive, however, is Zmajla winning the European Golden Boy award yet again. Not only does he become only the second player to win the award twice (Mario Gotze 2011,2013), but also the first ever to win it back-to-back.

Finances & Budget

View attachment 290074

I went ahead and took a slight risk in changing the expectations to a top half finish, although I am hoping for Euro qualification again. The board rewards me with the biggest transfer budget yet, as well as bumping the wage budget up a massive $100k per week.

And the reason they're able to give me so much?
View attachment 290075
Our performance in the Champions League has helped tremendously. In addition to youth facilities, I also got the board to improve training facilities as well, though the cost of the two combined will barely nibble at the bank balance. The only negative is that despite our success we're still only bringing in 4500 fans on average in our 5500 cap stadium.

January 2018

View attachment 290391

Started off the month with three rather boring matches, a 1-0 win against Lazio, followed by draws away to Genoa then Inter. We followed that up with an expected domination of Carpi in the Italian Cup in a match that we probably should have scored more in. We then faced Juventus at home in the league and gave it our all but couldn't cope with their speed, falling 2-3. In the final league match of the month we performed well against relegation threatened Cesena, picking up a much needed 3 points in a 2-1 win. To close out the month we redeemed ourselves for the earlier loss to Juventus, dominating them on the road 2-0 to score our first ever win over them.

League Table

View attachment 290392

Still sitting in the third and final Champions League spot, and can widen the gap with our game in hand. Juventus' control over the league is being threatened by an overachieving Atalanta though you have to figure that's not going to last with the way things have gone in previous years.

Squad

View attachment 290393

Kotarski has been showing me why he deserved the contract extension I handed him in December, though he should be happy as it included a highest earner clause that has seen his salary rise twice already. Comi gets player of the month with the striker bagging 6 goals in our 7 matches. New keeper Maes has fit in nicely, allowing just 5 goals in 7 and racking up an impressive 4 clean sheets.

Deadline Day Transfer

View attachment 290395

I've been looking to strengthen midfield with a real creative player for a while and didn't have to look far as Giandonato was transfer listed at Juventus for the low price tag of $1M. The fact that this guy was rotting in the reserves of Juventus really speaks volumes to just how much quality they have. He's much better than any of my central midfielders currently and I especially needed him as Bouy's development hasn't been going like I had hoped.​

February 2018

View attachment 290450

Great start to the month with three league wins, though they're admittedly teams we should be winning against. In the first leg of the Italian Cup Semi Final we managed a draw away to Genoa and will hope to progress to the final in the return leg. I would have been disappointed with the draw against Palermo, however Comi's late equalizer in injury time made it better than I feared. Against Real Madrid in the Champions League, I thought we were actually going to cause an upset, being up 2-0 at half but they managed to turn it around with 3 goals in the last 20 minutes. We'll need to win in the second leg at Bernabeu to stand a chance of advancing, which is unlikely. We did manage to end the month on a positive by taking our chances at home in an even match against Roma by a score of 2-0.

League Table

View attachment 290451

Surprisingly enough, Atalanta moves to the top of the table having beat Juventus at home earlier in the season. We're still sitting niceley in third and if we can win our game in hand we'll be closer to chasing the title than we are to losing our Champions League spot. I figure if Atalanta can make the challenge, why not us?

Squad

View attachment 290452

Floridia is player of the month, playing in all 7 matches scoring 6 goals and picking up an assist. He's really come a long way since I signed him on a free in the summer of 2016:
View attachment 290453View attachment 290454
At only 22, I'm hopeful that he can still improve even further.

Board Takeover?

View attachment 290455

I really hope this doesn't screw with my board requests. They were finally starting to listen to me and make some much needed progress on the youth and training fronts.​

Germano de biagi led a takover in my FM12 save as well!

he's a club legend and also sammarinese, so that should be ok ;)

Germano de biagi led a takover in my FM12 save as well!

he's a club legend and also sammarinese, so that should be ok ;)

Yeah, seems like he was already on the board so hopefully not much change. I googled his name and translated his wikipedia page, but the translation is pretty weak. From what I gather he's a politician, master fisherman, entrepeneur with an electronics store on the San Marino/Italy border, and was the president of the football club's board IRL until he retired in July 2011 and became the "honorary president". Sounds like quite the guy.

March 2018

View attachment 290604

Our first undefeated month of the season in all competitions unless you count the aggregate defeat to Real Madrid. Sampdoria didn't give us a contest as we cruised to a 4-1 victory, with defender Kotarski even picking up a goal from a corner. Then it was off to the Bernabeu in a match I expected to lose by a few goals, however for a while I thought we could actually pull it off, going into the half up 1-0. We held them to just 5 shots all match with not a single one on target, they're equalizer coming through a Liviero own goal. I'm not to bummed about being knocked out, in fact I'm quite happy that we gave one of the best clubs in the world a run for their money. The rest of the month went well, our 2-1 win at home against Genoa means we're through to the final of the Italian cup once again, and this time we'll be facing Napoli who we should stand a decent chance against. The draw against Parma to close the month was really the only disappointment, however it did see Livaja score in his first game back from injury.

League Table

View attachment 290608

Atalanta has managed to widen the gap at the top by 4 points over Juventus, and my hopes of chasing the title are now hanging by a thread. The good news is that we should qualify for Champions League once again barring a massive slip up over the final two months.

Squad

View attachment 290610

Kotarski once again switches on beast mode, playing in all 6 games and making 13 key tackles, 7 key headers, and an amazing 48 interceptions. Maes has also been performing well and leaves me no regrets replacing Kirev.

Youth Intake

View attachment 290611View attachment 290612View attachment 290614

A good year for strikers evidently and Boschetti really looks like he can turn into something with the right guidance. He's the first youth I've been truly excited about since starting this. Zafferini doesn't look nearly as good, but with as poor as the national team is he'll probably see some time there. There must be a fad among young teenagers in San Marino now that involves shaving their heads. Either that or they're both cancer survivors.

Just realized Gualtieri has been at the club for a year, but his PA has gone up and he's been developing decently. No way he'll be a striker with that low finishing, so I'm retraining him to a right winger.​

April 2018

View attachment 290662

Three wins out of 5 league games and all at home where we scored 5 goals in each game. The most exciting match was against Inter being 1-3 down at one point before storming back to go up 5-3, allowing a late consolation goal to make the scoreline more respectable for them. We had our last shot of challenging for the title in an away game against Atalanta but they proved too much. We came back home and tore into Chievo in a convincing 5-0 win, then went away to Fiorentina and secured a draw that also secured 3rd for us mathematically. The Napoli result to close the month was impressive as I played Sotomayor in his first game back from a broken leg up front with new youngster Boschetti. Sotomayor showed his leg is fully healed by scoring a hat trick, and Boschetti performed well but was unfortunately injured and will be out for the remaining games.

League Table

View attachment 290663

We've secured third for the second time in a row and no matter the results in the final games will remain third at the end of the season. The biggest match left in Serie A is second to last, where Juventus will play at home to Atalanta in what will surely determine the champions. At the other end of the table, Parma have been relegated, Chievo pretty much needs to win their last three to stay up, and Torino are just 2 points behind Bologna who they play at home in the final game of the season.

Squad

View attachment 290664

As mentioned, Sotomayor has an amazing return from a serious injury, however it's Zmajla who wins player of the month. In the 5 matches he scored 5 and created 4, though it seems his performance may have made him think he could take it easy in training as the majority of his attributes have been on the decline for the month. I made sure to have a talk with him to hopefully straighten him out.​

May 2018

View attachment 290687

Not a lot to say here. We had already confirmed 3rd so mixed in some youth in the final matches and ended the season on a high with a 6 match unbeaten run. This left just one more match on the season, the Italian Cup final against Napoli.

Italian Cup Final

View attachment 290689

And we did it!!! Our first major trophy and it came by way of a thriller! Livaja got us off to a good start, scoring in the 8th minute. The game kind of trailed off after that with not a lot of action, however Napoli went on overload in the second half and we were able to withstand the barrage until the 84th minute when they equalized. Heading into extra time I felt good because the players weren't too tired but it took a sending off of Napoli's Vorsah to give us a penalty that team captain Zmajla cooly slotted home in the 112th minute.

Immediately following the win, I got a nice bit of information:
View attachment 290692
I'm now one of the most successful coaches to ever coach in Italy! There's a long way to go to challenge for the top spot, currently held by Juventus' Conte who is still racking up the achievements. This also moves me to the 5th best American coach of all time.

League Table

View attachment 290695

Juventus won their home match against Atalanta by a massive 4-0 and I was correct in assuming that match would determine the title winner. This makes it three in a row for Juventus and 6 of the last 7. I still think that 3rd is a massive achievement for us and another shot at the Champions League will surely help us to continue building the finances. Atalanta was probably the most impressive team this season, challenging for the title after being predicted to finish the same as last year in 10th (we were predicted 11th so same difference in table places, but they racked up a lot more points). Napoli, on the other hand, would have to be disappointed with their league performance, swapping last year's positions with Atalanta and finishing 10th. They still get an appearance in the Euro Cup due to making it to the Italian Cup Final.

Squad

View attachment 290696

Kotarski finishes as the highest rated player, which is really an impressive accomplishment considering he played in every single one of our 55 competitive matches for the season. Player of the month goes to Bruno Martella, who has done nicely filling in for de Castro when he was injured, as well as coming off the bench multiple times to replace either a tired center back or one that wasn't performing. It is a bit of a surprise that our two highest rated players are central defenders when we tied Juventus for the league's most effiecient attack yet only had an average defense as far as scoring and conceded goals are concerned.

Awards

View attachment 290698View attachment 290699

Kotarski wins his first major award, coming in as Serie A's cleanest player. Meanwhile Floridia scored the top goal of the Champions League when At. Madrid's keeper came to take a free kick by the touchline and booted it straight to Floridia just past the half line who floated it into the empty net.

Finances & Upgrades

View attachment 290700View attachment 290701

Our bank balance is looking extremely healthy and in line with that, the new president decided to invest slightly more money into the upgrades that were already being planned. Looks like my worries of the new board not cooperating were unfounded.

Champions League Final

View attachment 290702

This is probably the most encouraging sign for me that we're on our way to being a top club. Two teams that we faced off against in the CL made it to the final, and we gave both teams a good fight losing narrowly to Real Madrid on aggregate and actually picking up a win against OL in the group stage. Just a little more team depth and a couple more world class players and I think we can challenge the best.​

Just caught up with the progress of SM, Really good season as finishing third and winning the Copa Italia is no small feat.
To get out of that CL group was a great achievement too.

KUTGW

2018 Best Eleven

View attachment 290847

The main thing I take away from this is that we are lacking quality in midfield as Panatti, who I consider a backup, and de Castro, who plays mostly at center back, make the lineup. Zmajla split time between right wing and forward this year and did well in both positions. Comi has finally started to come on like I had hoped and Sotomayor makes the first team despite being out for 5 months with a broken leg. All of the players in the first team will be back again, with the exception of possibly Panatti who I might be selling.

Summer 2018 Transfers

View attachment 290843

On the outs Coda, Bouy, and Mitrovic were all players who helped the club get to the top level but were really only being held onto because of emotional ties so this year I decided to cut them loose. Villalobos and Curzi were players that my Head of Youth Development signed when I was letting him sign players for the future, but those two were never going to make an impact here. The one disappointment is Righi, who was out on loan so I didn't get a notification that his contract was expiring. He wasn't going to touch the first team, but he's the best I have at central defense for the national team.

Transfer Ins:
View attachment 290844View attachment 290845View attachment 290846
The board gave me a hefty war chest and I spent nearly all of it on these three. Ogaga comes in to make up a three man rotation at center back with Kotarski and de Castro. Guilherme was a player I had given up on, I bid on him quite a bit last season but Torino wanted $39M for him so I called it quits. Then, after Torino were relegated and fired their coach, I saw them accept an offer for co-ownership from Inter for $2M so I swooped in with a full transfer offer and finally got him. He'll go straight into the first team and partner at midfield with Giandonato. Fabbrini comes in to replace Lingard, who never really got going like I had hoped.

Friendlies

View attachment 290858

Can't be too upset about the losses, played really poor against Juve Stabia, then of course in all 3 games played just about everyone in the match squad. The win against Anderlecht was encouraging at least.

Juventus Looking for Llorente Replacement

View attachment 290859

The first Sammarinese player to be headhunted by a bigger club! I'll be doing what I can to keep him here, however, as I want to personally oversee his development and get him some first team time. Hopefully he can develop into a legend.

2018/19 Season Goals

I really think that with the new signings, as long as they pan out, we should be able to at least challenge for the title. Obviously Juventus are still the top team, but Atalanta showed last year that they can be given a run for their money and we'll be trying to do the same this year. 3rd place two years in a row and there's really nothing else I can aim for in the league, it's now about becoming champions.
In the Champions League I'd like to make the final 16 again, but that will depend on the luck of the draw.

2018/19 Team Depth Chart

View attachment 290863

I think we have a strong squad, and if still not quite as much depth as I'd like we have some versatile players that can move around depending on how things play out. If there's any area of concern, it might be the fullbacks. I've spent all I'm going to spend on the market however, so unless there's someone available for free then the current players will have to suffice. They've done well last year so I shouldn't have much to worry about.​

Great progress with the club mate :) I'm sure you'll crack the league sooner or later

Are there any updates with the national team now that you're getting new youth facilities and all that :P

Great progress with the club mate :) I'm sure you'll crack the league sooner or later

Are there any updates with the national team now that you're getting new youth facilities and all that :P

Nothing new, only had a friendly against Australia and held them to 2 goals. With the youth coming in at 14 probably will be at least a few more years before we're competitive, still no Sammarinese at other clubs that are decent popping up.

August 2018

View attachment 290959

Started off with a great month, going undefeated and picking up two cups. We were outplayed in the Juventus match in the first 60 minutes but managed to turn it around to come away with an encouraging 3-1 win. We drew SLB in the Champions League Best Placed Playoff and dominated them at home before going to their stadium and picking up a draw, ensuring we'll make the group stage for the second year in a row.

Squad

View attachment 290965

These numbers are a bit inflated due to the Competzione Amichevole being a cakewalk. It's still a good way to get players match fit I suppose. New signings Ogaga, Fabbrini, and Guilherme have all had good starts to their San Marino careers.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 290967

This is exactly the group I was hoping for while the draw was taking place. PSG are probably better than us, but Moscow is equal at best and Celtic should take bottom. I'm optimistic of at least 3rd but do think that we should grab 2nd.​

September 2018

View attachment 290974

Wow, wow, and WOW! I knew we were going to be better than last year, but I wasn't expecting this! We really turned on the style this month, excellent 5-2 away win against Bologna then at home against Juventus I decided to go with my attacking tactic instead of countering like I have every game against them in the past and it paid off with a dominating 3-1 win. Then away against Celtic I was prepared for a draw, even after the first half whistle blew, but we whipped them in the second half by scoring 5 goals and keeping a clean sheet! That was followed by the only semi-letdown of the month in an even game against Empoli who we really should have done better against but still scraped a 2-1 win. The lads made up for it in the next game recording the biggest win in Serie A 8-2 at home against Napoli, the only other team that had won all of their games at the time. Then a short 2 days later we played at Catania and won 2-1 thanks to an injury time goal by Sotomayor.

League Table

View attachment 290975

This is where I want to be! It's early days, but man are we looking good. We're level with Napoli on points but get the nod due to our win against them, and on top of that we have a game in hand. Atalanta is out to prove that last year wasn't a fluke and it just wouldn't be Serie A if Juventus weren't thereabouts at any given time.

Squad

View attachment 290976

I'd really like to give player of the month to the whole team. Every player that I put out was class this month, however picking one in particular it's Sotomayor. He played in 5 of the 6 games and scored 6 times and picked up 4 assists and shows resilience coming back from a broken leg just 4 months prior.

Champions League Group H

View attachment 290977

Only one match played but we're top for the moment. Our win streak will be tested with a home match against PSG next on the cards.​

Last edited:
October 2018

View attachment 291464

Another good month, though perhaps not great. In our three league games we kept two clean sheets in dominating wins against Palermo and Sampdoria, before only managing a draw at home to Roma to end the month in a 2-2 match in which all 4 goals were scored in the first half. In the Champions League we were pushed around by PSG as expected but kept the scoreline respectable in a 2-3 loss at home. In the third group game we went away to CSKA Moscow in a game that I would have settled for a draw, but was pleasantly surprised again as we controlled the game and created more chances, going up 3-1 before allowing an equalizer in the 77th minute to make the last bit of the game somewhat nervy. We managed to hold on though and picked up another vital 3 points.

League Table

View attachment 291471

Two months in and we're right where we want to be, 2 points clear of Juventus at the top with a game in hand. I could see this year being a lot closer between the top 3-4 teams which might give us the chance to sneak the title. Still a lot to play though, so I'm trying not to get too far ahead of myself. Besides Juventus, Napoli and Atalanta look to be our main challengers.

Champions League Group H

View attachment 291473

So far, the group is playing out how I predicted, with PSG a class above everyone else. The next two games will be played at home against Moscow then Celtic, so I like our chances of remaining second and making it through.

Squad

View attachment 291474

I think the biggest difference between this year and last is our squad depth. We had injuries to wingers Floridia, Fabbrini, and Zmajla all at the same time so had to get a little creative but still managed a good month. Sotomayor has remained fantastic, scoring 4 in 5 this month and is now averaging a goal per start. Splitting the monthly honors with him is Gaetano Maes, who kept 2 clean sheets in the month and made save after save, especially in the PSG game where even though he let 3 in he was called on to stop an additional 7 and performed superbly.

National Team

View attachment 291475

I realize I've been mostly ignoring the national team in updates so far, but there really hasn't been much to say until now. In the ECQ group we held Sweden to a one goal winning margin, then had a superb away draw against Montenegro (who was surprisingly ranked 35th) as well as a home draw against Malta who we maybe should have even won against. Here's how the group stands (really lucky draw):

View attachment 291477

Obviously Sweden and Norway are favorites for first and second, but I feel we might actually be able to take as high as third if we can get a little luck on our side. Any results that help improve our ranking will help because our two hottest prospects from the club, Ceccoli and Boschetti, both have dual nationalities with Italy and have been rejecting my call ups.​

November 2018

View attachment 291669

Started off the month with a good win against Inter, though it was a little disappointing giving up 2 goals in the last 8 minutes. In the home match against Moscow our defense got torn apart in the first half and went into halftime down 0-2 before we came back but couldn't find a winner in a match that ended 2-2. Three days later we fell to our first league defeat in a disappointing 1-2 loss at home to Cagliari. We recovered niceley however with a 2-0 home win against AC Milan then a 2-2 draw away to Atalanta. The final match of the month saw us score a 3-2 victory over Celtic at home to book our ticket to the knockout round regardless of the result of the final match away against PSG.

League Table

View attachment 291670

Still on top about a third of the way through. Napoli are hot on our heels, though we do have a game in hand. We could really start to pull away here in December because it's in my opinion one of our easiest months, but that's said before the games are played.

Champions League Group H

View attachment 291671

As I mentioned, we're already qualified for the next round so it doesn't really matter what happens in the away match against PSG. However, it would be nice to get a win and top the group, but with as good as PSG is I won't be getting my hopes up.

Squad

View attachment 291672

I've had some players being mentioned in some pretty big awards, Sotomayor and Zmajla both for European Golden Boy and Serie A Young Player of the year, then Fabbrini being mentioned for Serie A Player of the Year. Kotarski has also been mentioned for Serie A Foreign Player of the Year, it will be interesting to see how many of them receive rewards.​

December 2018

View attachment 291887

As expected, a great run of results in December. Our offense has really come to life, scoring in 18 games straight which is currently the longest streak in Serie A. Our defense has been decent but I feel that it could still use some work and if we can get it sorted we'll be even more deadly. The most impressive result this month was a 3-1 win away against PSG in the Champions League, where we were down 0-1 at half but came back in the second to win 3-1 despite PSG controlling most of the game. The loss at Spezia was the only disappointment, we once again were in control of the match but they managed to hit us on the counter twice and our poor finishing saw us slump to our second league defeat in as many months. We did well to rebound in a massive 5-2 win over Sampdoria in the Italian Cup and have drawn away to Juventus in the next round.

League Table

View attachment 291894

Better than I was hoping for at the start of the season, almost halfway through and it looks to be a two horse race between us and Napoli for the title. The rest of the teams seem to be beating eachother and are having a tough time making up points. Also, this month has seen Juventus' coach Antonio Conte speak publicly about us lacking the quality to win the title, the first time he's talked about me to the press and it comes when we are leading the league and have defeated his team twice competitively this season. Of course, I duly lashed back commenting on his team underperforming.

Champions League Group Results

View attachment 291896View attachment 291897View attachment 291898

With our win over PSG we manage to top the group! Around the rest of the league perhaps the most impressive team has been Arsenal, who won every game in a decent group. You may notice a big name missing in Man U, who missed out on the CL this year by finishing a lowly (by their standards) 6th in the EPL last year. We've drawn Galatasaray in the first knockout round and I'm really not sure what to think of our chances against them. They weren't too impressive in their group that was dominated by Arsenal so hopefully that's a sign that we can get past them, though we're no Arsenal.

Squad

View attachment 291903

Yes, Sotomayor is injured once again, this time with a sprained ankle he suffered in a match two weeks ago and will be out for another 2-3 weeks according to my physios. Really a shame and I'm hoping that this doesn't become a trend. Ogaga gets player of the month, playing in all 7 games and impressively stopping opponents' attacks every way possible.

Awards

View attachment 291904View attachment 291905View attachment 291906View attachment 291907

For the second year in a row I win Manager of the Year. I'd like to thank God, my family, all of my supporters, our sponsors, and the great nation of San Marino for making this all possible. Sotomayor also sweeps three awards, the most prestigious being European Golden Boy which makes it three in a row for a San Marino player. He also hauls in Serie A Foreign PoY, and Serie A Young PoY. Other honorable mentions include Gaetano Maes, who came runner-up for goalkeeper of the year, and Bruno Martella who surprisingly came third for defender of the year which is quite an accomplishment considering he's my fourth choice center back and only played for a limited time due to injuries.

Youth Facilities Upgrade

View attachment 291910

Wow, that was easy! I was expecting to be refused since the last upgrades were only finished a month ago, but here we are. This time they're pooring $6.5M into the upgrades instead of the measly $1.5M they used a year ago. In the coming days I'll also be requesting training facilities upgrades, junior coaching, and youth recruitment network. We'll see how it goes, but I'm liking the cooperation this new president is showing so far.

Change of Season Expectations

View attachment 291912

Really didn't need the extra funds, but thought it was only fair to raise the expectations since we're doing so well. Really, at this point I'll be disappointed if we lose our top spot so Euro Cup qualification is still a low expectation. The only thing I may need the funds for is contract extensions, though I think I have those sorted already. I'm pretty happy with the squad as it is and don't see a need to bring anyone else in, though of course I tell myself that every transfer window then my scout comes up with a player that makes me go, "Oh, pretty!" then I'm spending the budget anyway.

This is a really entertaining read! Flows well and is easy to follow, good job so far. Just curious as to who won Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018?

Back