Sassuolo Serie A champions tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter awsm13
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 24K
Second game and another respectable result, Higuain missed a sitter but then so did Dybala so a fair result. Will test till the end of the season and keep reporting back. Cagliari next who are top of the league, unbelievably.

Nice stuff.. I actually originally made this formation with Atalanta back on FM12. With Denis as my Advanced Forward in front of one Advanced playmaker and an inside forward. Although in this version I would probably go with an AM (A) and an AP (S) or maybe even an AP (A) and SS (A) in front of two ball winning mids.

But with your front three maybe I'll go with Marilungo as an AF, Bonaventura as an AP(S) and Dybala as an AM(A). I would play Romero as a BWM (D) and Tibbling as a DLP(S).

I find that the SS is only effective with a striker who is in a support role, or a target man.

If the tactic is not fluid yet you could lower the fluidity of the tactic to "fluid" and you can unselect "roam from positions".

Last edited:
Nice stuff.. I actually originally made this formation with Atalanta back on FM12. With Denis as my Advanced Forward in front of one Advanced playmaker and an inside forward. Although in this version I would probably go with an AM (A) and an AP (S) or maybe even an AP (A) and SS (A) in front of two ball winning mids.

But with your front three maybe I'll go with Marilungo as an AF, Bonaventura as an AP(S) and Dybala as an AM(A). I would play Romero as a BWM (D) and Tibbling as a DLP(S).

I find that the SS is only effective with a striker who is in a support role, or a target man.

If the tactic is not fluid yet you could lower the fluidity of the tactic to "fluid" and you can unselect "roam from positions".

I'm Still tinkering with the front three as I only really have Baselli and Bonaventure who are effective off the front player so far. Dybala has done ok but I'm going to stick with him as an AM for the time being and rotate him with Marilungo then rotate Livaja and Denis as my AF. I have Romero and Carvalho as BWM's and Tibbling and Cigarini as DLP's. The fluidity isn't an issue as i got it to 100% after 4 games, but have tinkered with the attacking set pieces but that's the only change so far. Going to try and offload Denis in January as a few teams are sniffing around but I spent my budget and got more funds off the board so will only have about 3.5-4 million to spend. Any recommendations for players in the AM positions? Going to try for Berardi in the summer and maybe Correa or Martinez providing they don't move in Jan

Also, for some reason, this tactic seems to have turned Consigli into some kind of super-human. Only conceded 3 goals since i started testing and he's averaging over 7.5 for those games

As an AM, a good cheap one would be Falk, or if you feel like being experimental go for Crnigoj.

But if you want to go italian Berardi would be my choice too.

I used this tactic and i won 1st game 6-1 but the funny thing is that 5 goals were scored from corners and one from free kick :D, this is 1st game, ill let u know more ;).
Btw lots of shots of target!

Here's the 2nd match, another goal from corner, i must say that your tactic is really good with a nice passing play, its just my 2nd game with this tactic so not bad, right ?!:P

Here's the 2nd match, another goal from corner, i must say that your tactic is really good with a nice passing play, its just my 2nd game with this tactic so not bad, right ?!:P

Wow, good results man. Even I don't score that much from corners.

But generally speaking the tactic is fluid, and can adjust from an attacking one to an effective counter attacking one if the opposition are technically better.

It seems as though your team is good technically and has some players who can pass out from the back, so this tactic will be effective for your team.

If you want to change the formation to a 4-5-1 you can too, just put the BPD as a defensive midfielder and put your wingbacks as fullbacks. Thats what I do if I want to use this tactic in the champions league or in the Spanish league.

Playing 1st season with Benfica. Changed to this tactic in March. First 5 games (yeah, I've played 2 times against Rio Ave, one for league and one for cup):

View attachment 453414View attachment 453417View attachment 453418View attachment 453419View attachment 453420

I think you just have to reduce the long shots and try to score more goals in this tactic. The defense is very solid, although.

Yeah, if u can reduce long shots that would be pretty good, otherwise the tactic is good, but like i've mentioned above, lots of shoots of target and this is bcoz of long shots mostly

Yea, at the beginning i found this annoying too. But this is either due to the opposition defense being hard to break down or due to long shot tendencies of your attacking midfielders. When i used teams like catania, genoa, atalanta and blackburn this was a problem too.

I tried to instruct them to shoot less and even tried to make te tactic "more diciplined" but this i found really cuts down the goals. I'll try and tinker abit, thanks for the info guys.

how are you scoring most of your goals? And are you having problems defending set pieces?

Yea it does. I built this formation for the unfashionable Serie A teams, but it seems too work in other leagues too. Although for 3rd tier teams, it could take a bit longer for it to be effective.

Seems like a great tactic I am going to try it with my Salernitana team in Serie A. One question- how important are player instructions to your tactic? Thanks.

I have a pet peeve about player instructions... so i've never tried the tactic without them. Just cant help myself.

Just test it out and tell me how you fare

I have a pet peeve about player instructions... so i've never tried the tactic without them. Just cant help myself.

Just test it out and tell me how you fare

Will do I've spent a good bit of time trying to get the player instructions right I'll post my progress. Cheers.

Just use the ones already in the tactic if you don't feel like messing around too much. I usually change the team tactics, as i feel it has a greater effect.

Back