Saturday and Sunday League Football

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 4K
Ah unlucky, time to use that "we can concentrate on the league now" comment lol. What age group do you play for?

Definitely, bastards. And men's mate, you?

Definitely, bastards. And men's mate, you?

Mens Portsmouth's Sunday League. All our lads are from Portsmouth and most of them support Portsmouth but we have a Hampshire cup game in 2 weeks time in Southampton lol.

View attachment 195861
League table updated, 2nd so far in our first season as a team.

Abit late i know but last Sunday we didnt have a league game due to the team pulling out of the league. But a side 3 divisions above us asked us for a friendly and we got a very good 3-3 draw. This week we have a Hampshire Cup game, for people who dont know we are a side from Portsmouth so most of our lads support Pompey and our game is in Southampton so it will be a very physical affair i can assure you of that.

I've been waiting to play for my club since the end of the summer and the training sessions that were supposed to go on have been cancelled consecutively.

It's a pain because I've been wanting to play for a football club since ever.

Abit late i know but last Sunday we didnt have a league game due to the team pulling out of the league. But a side 3 divisions above us asked us for a friendly and we got a very good 3-3 draw. This week we have a Hampshire Cup game, for people who dont know we are a side from Portsmouth so most of our lads support Pompey and our game is in Southampton so it will be a very physical affair i can assure you of that.

Had that game today and it was shocking. Most of my players just wanted to kill the other side and wearnt intrested in playing football. My captain (and oldest player at over 40) should have been sent off about 3times in the first half and one of them was for a stamp which the ref didnt see. We ended up losing 5-0 and it was all down to our stupid hatredness towards Southampton (not me included as i dont support Pompey and only played the last 15mins).

I'm going to look in to joining a club in the very near future, I just have to get fit first haha.

After us going out of the Hampshire Cup last week we had an Adelaide Cup game (Johnstone's Paint Trophy equivilent) against a side in our league called Affinion International FC. They started the game with 10men and we were all over them with their keeper making some brilliant saves, they then had a player turn up so the teams were evan after about 10mins. Funnily enough we couldn't score with a man advantage but managed to score 3 goals when the teams were equal, one goal comming from a 35yard strike by my centreback which is our goal of the season so far. Half time and we are 3-0 up and my message, keep it tight 15mins later and its 3-2 lol. 5mins to go and our keeper goes down injured with all our subs made so my centre back(one who scored the screamer) has to go in goal and we defended brilliantly to see the game out. We are now in the quarter finals and with the final being at Moneyfields ground it is something to aim for.

I know the system is different in Australia, no big opportunities to sign for local league clubs and stuff :L

Our season finished a little while ago, I was playing in U16's, despite only being 15. (We only had 3 16 year olds, but we also had 4 14 year olds). I finished top scorer for my team scoring 17 in 12 games. Also had 4 games in goals because our goalkeeper broke his thumb. Saved two penalties and almost scored from a keeper run in those two games! Our team finished up third, not too bad, but we also won two cup competitions outside of our league :)

I play on a Saturday for Edge Hill BCOB. We play in the Liverpool County Premier League Division 1 and have had a great start to the season, played 4 won 4 in the league and 1st round of the County Challenge Cup we beat the Cheshire League champions from last season 3-1.

Looking forward to the rest of the season and if anyones interested heres a link to our league table Ranking

Last Sunday we (Lanyards FC) had the Adelaide Cup Quarter final game against Pickwick who are unbeaten so far this season. We played them in the league already this season and lost 2-0 but we learnt from that and won the game 2-0 which puts us in the Semi's. Win the semi's and the final is played at Moneyfields ground which will be brilliant for our first season ever.

This Sunday we have a side called GB United which is also the team we have in the semi finals of the cup.

I have been without internet all week so i haven't been able to update on our (Lanyards) game Sunday. Before the game we were 7th out of 8 but we have 3 games in hand. The side we had Newcombe Arms were in 6th so it was a must win. It is our last game of 2011 as most Sunday league games this week are called off because of the Portsmouth-Southampton game. Come kickoff time we have 12 players so i decide to start myself upfront (a position i haven't played for years) we ended up winning 8-1 and i scored my first goal of the season and voted our best goal this season so far with a 25yard lob over the keeper. Happy days

Back