Savagenchez

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'd just like to start off this thread by letting you know that I've never posted on the forums before and this is my first time developing a tactic, so don't be too harsh haha!

Seeing as this is my first time making a tactic to post on the forums, I've decided that I'd like to make something different and unique. I've come up with a tactic that will keep you the ball, get good results against higher teams and destroy similar teams to your own. I have achieved this by avoiding issues with the match engine such as poor strikers and woeful full-backs whilst also using exploitable aspects such as corners to my advantage.

In doing this, I've created a tactic that does not heavily depend on a single player to win you games. Attacking movements are free-flowing and defensively you can keep a respectable amount of clean sheets in regards to the current match engine build. This type of tactic allows you to have a large rotatable squad, which I find increasingly useful during a season where you have an injury crisis.

As you can see, this tactic has an unusual shape but has still worked incredibly well for me at Middlesbrough, racking up 99 points and getting to a quarter final in the process. I do not use any specific forms of training apart from heavy training on youngsters that have a lot of potential.

Thanks for reading, any screenshots are greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to add them on to this post when I have the time. Good luck!

NOTE: I do not use specific defending corner instructions as I feel they just do not work effectively this year, feel free to add your own and change instructions in this tactic at your own free will and keep me updated as to how it has gone on.

WOW! Thanks man, that's absolutely amazing! Keep us updated if it keeps going that well!

Giving this a try with NUFC. I'm always looking for unique tactics to try.

Does this use the corner exploit?

This tactic is like cheating, winning every game easily with Arsenal (no signings). But I'm going to start a new save with a weaker team. Looking forward to it. Anyone who doesn't try this tactic, miss out on the best tactic. :D

The inside forwards scores a lot, even the AMC playmaker. Make sure the have good shooting stats and the goals will bang in. And it's hard to concede goals if you have a good defence. Seriously, take the game I played away against Chelsea: They had 10 shots and 4 on target. I had 29 shots, 15 on target. Won 3-1 easily, even when they scored a penalty in the start of the game.

Cheers for this amazing tactic :)

Will come with more results and season table after I finished a season with a new team. Probably out in a few hours.

I see there is some questions about OI and training. I can say what I've used. I have let all the training to my assistant, working really well. And I haven't used any OI. Basically, I let the assistant do the job. Make sure he's good. But of course you take it for yourself if you want to.

Hey guys, thank you for testing the tactic, I'm glad to see that it is working for the majority of you.

For match prep, I usually change it up depending on my opponent, most away games I will use defensive positioning unless I am absolutely sure that I will win the game. At home I will use attacking movement unless I am a major underdog, then I will use defensive positioning.

For OI's, I just set my assistant to do them.

For training, I set it to tactics until the tactic is fluid, after that I will focus mainly on attacking movement as I find it difficult to keep clean sheets regardless of how good my defence is with this match engine :)

Would just like to say thanks again for everybody that has tested and posted so far.

Olo82: Is your tactic familiarity high or low? For the goal you conceded against Wycombe, was it a corner or open play? I'd like to know as I am always looking to develop this tactic.

Giving this a try with NUFC. I'm always looking for unique tactics to try.

Does this use the corner exploit?

Yes this tactic does use the near post exploit from corners, feel free to change it if you want to.

nothing was up just as I played it right away as soon as we begin to take league will send more info

nothing was up just as I played it right away as soon as we begin to take league will send more info

Ah okay, hopefully your problem was just lack of fluidity in the tactic then mate :).