Games so far:
View attachment 452436
Probably it is too early to say, but tactic suits Spurs really great, though inside forwads playing a bit unstable (Lamela went 2 awesome games and then 4 bad ones, and Shaqiri scored only twice in 7 games). And also alot of long shots from them, will try "shoot less often" instruction to avoid this.

Games so far:
View attachment 424356
Probably it is too early to say, but tactic suits Spurs really great, though inside forwads playing a bit unstable (Lamela went 2 awesome games and then 4 bad ones, and Shaqiri scored only twice in 7 games). And also alot of long shots from them, will try "shoot less often" instruction to avoid this.

Good results so far, interesting that you've had problems with your inside forwards as they usually play very well for me! A small tip is that I usually use a left footed player on the right and vice versa. Good luck and thanks for the screenshot!

Looks great so far. I think having a really good AMC helps a ton. This is just through November so far with only a few signings (Honda being one of them). I also sold Ben Arfa and picked up Will Hughes and Doria. Both Man U losses I either had players sent off or big injuries.

View attachment 424571View attachment 424573View attachment 424574

Top of the league with Newcastle, not bad at all!

I've also found that having a really good AMC helps a lot. Januzaj is fitting the role absolutely perfectly for me during my second season at Middlesbrough (only a loanee) and is taking the pressure off of the rest of the team to score.

Thanks for the screenshots, good luck! :)

I think it's also worth noting this tactic doesn't use the corner exploit.

Just finished 7th in my first season in the premier league with Middlesbrough, screenshots to follow tomorrow hopefully :).

Januzaj has been incredible for me!

No, that's good. It means it's not relying on those goals for the results. A lot of tactics people put up use the corner exploit, which gives a false sense of how good the tactic is. This is one of the best ones I've used, as far as consistency across the board.

I could add the corner exploit and it would probably make it ridiculous, but it's not really necessary. It stands on it's own.

Also, I've been doing ball control/def position for my in season training with team cohesion/tactics in the preseason. Or balanced/def position.

Just a quick update to my earlier post: I finished 4th on the table, but the top 5 spots were all separated by 2-3 points and goal differential. After a full season I would say that the wing backs and the AMC are vital to the success of the tactic. Luckily, Newcastle are really good at those spots out of the gate, so that helped. Was able to later flip Santon and Debuchy for nearly $15M each and pick up Ben Davies and Callum Chambers for about $8M each, then use the extra for younger guys to develop in the midfield.

This is my starting XI right now (I rotate my wingbacks):

View attachment 452065

I was able to get ter Stegen for ?10M because his team got relegated. I think a big part of why this is so solid defensively is because it doesn't use a traditional striker. Seems like all 11 players contribute to the defense since the two high wide "strickers" are really AM's.

Last edited:
No, that's good. It means it's not relying on those goals for the results. A lot of tactics people put up use the corner exploit, which gives a false sense of how good the tactic is. This is one of the best ones I've used, as far as consistency across the board.

I could add the corner exploit and it would probably make it ridiculous, but it's not really necessary. It stands on it's own.

Also, I've been doing ball control/def position for my in season training with team cohesion/tactics in the preseason. Or balanced/def position.

Just a quick update to my earlier post: I finished 4th on the table, but the top 5 spots were all separated by 2-3 points and goal differential. After a full season I would say that the wing backs and the AMC are vital to the success of the tactic. Luckily, Newcastle are really good at those spots out of the gate, so that helped. Was able to later flip Santon and Debuchy for nearly $15M each and pick up Ben Davies and Callum Chambers for about $8M each, then use the extra for younger guys to develop in the midfield.

This is my starting XI right now (I rotate my wingbacks):

View attachment 425310

I was able to get ter Stegen for ?10M because his team got relegated. I think a big part of why this is so solid defensively is because it doesn't use a traditional striker. Seems like all 11 players contribute to the defense since the two high wide "strickers" are really AM's.

Good to see that it's working for you, one of my main reasons making this tactic was that you never really depended on a single player such as a striker or a good centre-back for the corner exploit. I think not using a striker definitely helps out defensively but you can break very quickly too, shifting the ball from one side to another with no difficulty. I'd be happy with 4th place at Newcastle :D

I think it also makes it easier to build, without a striker. You can find a lot of good well-rounded guys who can play AMLRC and MC, so it sets up for a good natural rotation.

Also, strikers are typically absurdly expensive.

Tactic doesn't seem to be working as well as it previously did after the update guys. I will try to develop a tweak for it however it might be a while as I don't have a lot of time on my hands.

In the mean time, feel free to develop your own tweaks and post them on here :).

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I'm back with this tactic now and I'm aiming to make it even better! I'm going to continue testing it now in hope that I can find good areas to develop on the latest patch!

I'll also be using this tactic in my upcoming FM story on these forums hopefully, so I guess that gives me an extra desire to make it work haha!

Nice , Plz upload It :)

It's on the first page mate! I've kept it exactly the same so far apart from changing the AMC to a shadow striker. The high-pressing defence of this tactic is absolutely insane, but I'm keeping a very large amount of clean sheets also!