Saving/Missing Penalties

ive had 3 penos missed by my players and my goalia has saved 2 over the past 3 seasons, discounting shootouts

I also thought that, that penalties were never saved until i was in my qpr account and in a friendly ben watson hit it straight at the keeper.XD

If you wanna see missing penalties you can play PES 2010 :)

I've never seen anybody can score in penalties :O

Last edited:
Get this a lot yes and its annoying.

Errrr, Newcastle vs Mboro. Finished about 17-16 to Mboro with Harper as keeper.

When was this, if I may ask?

Actually now with the new patch 10.3 when I concede penalties I'm saving a lot, but then again I do have Buffon in goal and I think that's why I'm saving a lot of penalties.

For Man City, I had Stuart Taylor in goal once and he saved two penalties in one match! I was pretty happy to say the least, as we won 1-0 :D

Reina saved one for me against man u
then smashed it straight up field for Torres to win a penalty and bang it in
:p

Does anybody know if this has improved at all since the 10.3 patch? It says in the patch notes that keepers make better decisions on which way to dive, but I don't know what effect this has had in practical terms.

Actually my players miss penalties but my keeper saves too in realistic rate

I think its fairly reasonable - not every player is good at spot kicks. Shoot outs seem to have more misses than saves in my games usually when it's down to 6th or 7th penalty kick taker, ordinary run of the mill penalties its about 1-20 gets saved and it's more common to see misses and its usually over the bar or wide left.

This is no exaggeration from me. I haven't seen one penalty saved/missed in normal time since I've been playing FM and I've been playing the game in total for around 50 hrs + and of course using different teams. The only time I have ever seen a penalty saved is either during a penalty shootout or if I miss one. My goalie never seems to be able to save a penalty. I've been playing with Casillas so as you can tell he ain't the worst keeper around and other top class keepers. Anyone else with this problem.

I've just finished the 2021/22 season (contrary to my not- up to date signature, won the title by the way, horrible end to the season saw me lose a 15pt gap at the top from april down to winning the title by 5pts - and that was by BEATING second placed man city, ANYWAY....) and my keeper is and has been for a long time 'Igor Akinfeeiv' - tremendous keeper, arguably the best on the game at this time, (36 but so what, in his prime!) and he has saved (no lie) about 7 out of the last 10 penalties against me, sometimes like 5 or 6 in a row.
it's not the game, it's your keeper! :p