Saving Scottish Football 2021

August

Fixtures
Fix.png

We win 3/4 games in the league only dropping points at Ibrox who were the only top 7 teams we played. We beat Hamilton with the reserves in the league cup.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Aberdeen is the league final undefeated team. Dunfermline makes a slow start back in the top flight.

Europa League Draw
EL draw.png

We know we have Benfica's number if last year was anything to go by. Hoffenheim is unknown and we should beat Tirol.

Transfer Window

In

Joao Maciel - ML
In u18 macleiML.png

One player joins the u18 team. No sales just loans.

SPL Transfer Window
SPL Transfers.png

A very quiet and very disappointing window for Scottish teams with the first page is a line of players leaving Aberdeen, Dundee & Dundee Utd. Major drop in the total intake of funds.​

September

Fixtures
FIx.png

Wins as expected over Ross County & Dunfermline but losing to Celtic 2-1 in League & cup is not ideal with the month from **** coming up against the rest of the top 6

SPL Table
SPL.png

Aberdeen is still perfect and amazingly Dundee and Celtic are ahead of last year runaway champions. Celtic can thank the amazing Hulse who has bagged 12 goals in 7 games. Hearts in 9th may be looking for a new manager soon.

Europa League
EL.png

What a start! We could have the top spot set after the Benfica game if we keep this ridiculous form up.

October

Fixtures
Fix.png

Didnt matter if i went aggressive of defensive we lost and lost and lost and lost. My worst month ever by a considerable distance. Only at the end against Dundee Utd did it look like we were going to get as much as a point

SPL Table
SPL.png

We started the month on 16 points and ended the month on 16 points. Virtually guarantees a big clearout in January as we sit 9 points of Champions League and were not ever 1/4 of the way through the season.

Europa League
EUropa.png

Usually, I'd question how a team we beat twice by 3 or more goals only 7 months ago beat us but after the rest of the month i'll just add it to the pile

November

Fixtures
Fix.png

3 wins with only Rangers being a threat.

SPL Table
SPL.png

The table looks far brighter. Aberdeen & Dundee Utd should continue to pull away at the top but we have Celtic in our sights as Rangers follow us past Hearts & Hibs

Europa League
EL.png

Two wins secure top spot after that edgy game in the middle

December

Fixtures
Fix.png

2 bad results from 6 is not a disaster. We should have beat Ross County to start the month but 2 disallowed goals cost us the points. A defeat at home to Hibs could prove costly later in the season and the rout by Aberdeen was less of a shock.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Despite beating Celtic were now 5 points behind them in the race for the Champions League. Both Edinburgh sides close the gap to make it a 4 team race for 3rd. Rangers are 9 points out of the top half.

Europa League
EL.png

A goalless draw from the reserves and U18s after we secured a bye to the last 16

January

Fixtures
Fix.png

We come back from our winter break and walk straight into a cup upset losing to Airdrie. We put out a decent enough team too. Wins over St Mirren, Rangers & especially Hearts were great for our top 3 ambitions. I thought we finally had a shot against Dundee Utd then went down to 10 men after 21 minutes quickly conceding the two goals that decided the game.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Celtic remain 5 points up the road as the form team of the month. Hibs stay with us and the top two have a tumble each. Rangers down to 8th.

January Transfer Window

Dundee
Youth 1.png
Youth 2.png

The very quiet window for us. I needed to make some moves but all I got done was two players in for the u18s with no sales which i really needed.

SPL
SPL transfrs.png

Another big selling window with the 8 biggest moves all leaving the league. Rangers were the only side to spend over £10m and there in the bottom half.​

February

Fixtures
FIx.png

4 of the easiest fixtures you could hope for got us 4 wins using a mix up of kids and reserves

SPL Table
SPL.png

Its taken almost 30 games but Dundee Utd have caught Aberdeen at the top. Celtic are just a point clear of us but we don't have many easy fixtures yet. Top 6 look set.

Europa League Last 16 Draw
PAOK vs Dundee
EL last 16 draw.png

We get the best draw possible.

March

Fixtures
Fix.png

What a car crash of a month 4 games and we lost them all. Not sure why the top 6 is proving so hard for us to conquer.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Looks like we're fighting Hearts for 5th.

Europa League Last 16
Dundee 8-2 PAOK
LAast 16.png

We cruise into the Quarter Final. Hearts & Aberdeen are out

Q/F Draw
QF Draw.png

Monaco is not a bad draw all things considered

April

Fixtures
FIx.png

A result from both games against Dundee Utd but no luck against their title rivals Aberdeen ends our long shot Champions League dreams

SPL Table
SPL.png

5th Should be safe but 4th or above is almost impossible. Time for the kids

Europa League Q/F
Dundee 2-3 Monaco
EL qf.png

The French side only just got the better of us over the 2 legs.​

Season 23 Review

Managers
Managers.png

Only the bottom two sides changed managers

Dundee Squad
Squad 1.png
Squad 2.png
Squad 3.png

Eduardo Fernandez took over the no1 spot and will keep that till his min fee clause is matched. Alan Christie took the backup role and a new deal at a great price to do so.
Almeida spent far too much of the season injured to make an impact this year. Worrying that he's the only RB I'll have since i agreed to sell Kuhl to Dortmund. On the left, we're going to end the season with 6 Left-back so anything can happen here.
Center backs are due to a change. Bugge has been solid but has reached his potential and hopefully, it's time to cash in. Zawrzykaj is a year behind unless he improves significantly over the next season. Perez and Foucher are backups and will be up against the U18s for the expected vacancy at CB
Ove Melkemichel is in the same boat relying on being better than the u18s while the depth between them will be sold. Lee Ferry did Lee Ferry things and i can't see me being able to hold onto him through another summer. Again plenty of players after his spot.
Center midfield is where i expect to see most rotation. Le Garrec maybe my best player and continues to outperform all comers. Miller & Logans time is up
Attack Had one stand out in Mustafa Koral. Veenstra, Mohammed & Beith all did solid jobs with him but we don't have room for all 4 to stay next summer.

My Player of the Season
Lee Ferry
Player of the year.png

The Irish winger was 0.3 higher rated than any other player. The one superstar in this team.

Final SPL Table
SPL FInal.png

Aberdeen led the league by 1 point going into the final day and only needed to draw with Dundee Utd to win the title. They lost 4-0. We ended the season far closer to Champions League than i ever expected thanks to Dundee Utd failing FFP again and our great end to the season we ended up missing out by 1 goal! That goal costs us around £13m. St Mirren beat Rangers to the adopted Europa League spot for the second season in a row. Hamilton has the worst SPL season in the save and is down.

Play-Off
Dunfermline 2-1 Airdrieonians
SPL Playogg.png

Dunfermline win both legs to retain their SPL spot and will be joined by Motherwell returning after their 4th promotion in the save.

Europe
Hibs join Celtic as Europa Conference winners the 2nd club from Scotland to lift the trophy joining Hearts & Celtic with their Europa League wins in the 30s
Hibs europa win.png

Celtic finished bottom of their Champions League group and sadly will get another shot at it next season.
Dundee got to the last 8 of the Europa League. I prefer we qualified for the Champions League for the cash or Conference for the trophies.
Hearts went out a round earlier to Bilbao
Aberdeen also out at the last 16 to Juventus
St Mirren majorly outperform their spot by getting to the Europa Quarter-Finals losing to champions Hibs

Club Euro Rankings
6th = 72,250
Coefficants.png

Nice little rise thanks to a European trophy coming to Scotland. We can smell Italy & France.​

Dundee Season 24
Pre Season 2044/45

Euro 2044
England 1-1 Portugal
England win on pens
Euro 2044.png

Redemption for Euro failures vs Portugal in 2004 and the Penalty loss in the 2020 final

Season Targets
SPL - Top 3
Scottish Cup - Q/F
League Cup - Q/F
Europe after Christmas

A rare season where i fell short of 3/4 expectations. This seasons reboot i expect to deliver a top 3, a decent run in Europe and a cup challenge

SPL Pre Season Prices
spl Preivw.png

No respect for Dundee. No players in the dream 11 and they think we'll finish outside of the top 6.

Managers
Managers.png

More on this in August but it's all going on. James McDonough retires as a Euro conference champion with Rangers boss Ali Al-Assaf replacing him. Rangers are not the only major side managerless as the season begins as Dundee Utds former player turn manager of 4 years Louis Appere is off to Monaco.

Dundee Transfers

In

Tnf in2.png

Defense
Javier Uribe DL, Gio Severi DC, Jon Casanova, DC Mauro Rizzo
Df Casanova.png
DF Javier Uribe DL.png
Df rizzo.png
DF servi.png

Left-back was a sore point last year. Lots of players but non were performing so based on the free transfer cost i overpaid in wages for Uribe from Hibs. I hope to have a prospect take over within 2 seasons so i can sell him for some profit. After losing both my Cbs from last year i lumped on two South Americans whose stats far exceed their price tags. Man Citys Severi was a sill free agent pick up that will probably be loaned or sold in the next 12 months.

Midfield
Davide Cacciatore ML, Fabio Rogora MR, Arnaud Tshipamba MC
MF cacciatore.png
MF ortega.png
MF Rogora.png
MF Tshimpa.png

Two Italian wingers fill the void that wasn't really there but both at bargain prices i hope i can play them enough to try to make huge profits off them next summer.
Tshipamba is a bit of a gamble. Suitable backup but with plenty of time to improve and be a key starter. I loaned Real Madrid's wonderkid Tomas Ortega to fill in for him in the bigger games.

Attack
Stefan Sommer, Joao Miranda
AT mirand.png
AT sommer.png

Sommer was a superb find in January and joins from Bayern's reserves. That would have completed my strike force for the year till i found Joao Miranda in a scout report and good god the man is a monster! I may have made him a top 3 expensive signing in the save by me but i was overcome with the success of my clear-out that i just had to add a luxury pick.

Youths
No youths. All business is for the first team.

Out
Deep breath.
out 2.png

Out 1.png

Our best player Lee Ferry is off to Brugge for a club-record £20m, rising to £32m. Outrageous money for our only top-class player over the last 2 years. Gabor Zawrzykraj was going to be the lynchpin of my defence till Hertha met his min fee in the last week of the summer break forcing me into late moves to fill the void since i had already agreed to sell his partner at the back Bugge to Rosenberg. Defenders Ronald Kuhl & Baptiste Foucher had big plans for 2044 but the offers went past their talents and in Kuhl's case he & Almeyda are a toss-up. MC Serge Clement was going to be the backup MC but Juventus enquired, i asked jokingly for £10m and they accepted. Couldn't say no to that.
The following players had their chances and were at best squad players for me going forward. I need them out for the youth players coming through & my several signings.
Keeper Goncarlo Saraiva, Defence Pedro Ferreirinha, Midfield Ricky Miller, Sam Logan, David Davies. Forward Quincy Veenstra, Giovanni Testi

August

Fixtures
FIx.png

Our rebuild is instantly justified with an unbeaten start. The first two games had me on my feet. First, we came back from behind to beat Aberdeen with a 92nd-minute winner before destroying Motherwell by 9 goals. The reserves saw off Hamilton in the cup before we beat another top 6 teams in Hearts away from home. We finally dropped points at home to Hibs after we were down to 10 men for the final 35 minutes. Uribe giving his old team a favour with a red card.

SPL Table
SPL.png

second only to the perfect champions with a bit of an old firm revival as they knock Hibs & Hearts out in the very early going.

SPL Managers
spl managers.png

Stuart Kettlewell manages his 8th different SPL club while Dundee Utd hire Bilbao's regen manager

Europa League Draw
Europa LEague draw.png

Far easier draw this time. I plan to play the backup team here. Not fussed if we're in the Europa or conference. We just can't finish 4th.

SPL Transfer Window
SPL transer window 1.png
SPL transer window 2.png

Dundee Utd & Hibs are the leagues, big spenders, as one tries to confirm its spot on top of the league and the other tries to return there. Massarotti was a monster for Aberdeen and was not bad in Juventus. I'm scared.

Dundee's only move was the previously mentioned sale of center back Oddbjorn Bugge to Rosenborg. Where did they find £10m​

September

Fixtures
Fix.png

September started with a bang as we beat City rivals and top dogs Dundee Utd 1-0. The win put us top of the table where we would stay till the end of the month after getting 4 points from a goalless draw at Parkhead and a win at St Mirren. HOpes of a League cup ended after Rangers pulled us apart. The score could have been 5-1 and i could have had no arguments. Not sure what went wrong here.

SPL Table
SPL.png

There we are. Top of the league lads! The top 7 are all together on our tail with Celtic & Hibs like us unbeaten. At the opposite end of the spectrum, there is Motherwell.

Europa League
EL.png

I rested as many starters as i could and we still waltzed to two easy wins.​

October

Fixtures
Fix.png

What a weird month. 2-1 defeat to strugglers Ross County & Dunfermline despite playing pretty strong teams. That same team thrashed Kilmarnock & beat Rangers after playing 88 minutes with 10 men.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Dundee is passed and away at the top. Motherwell have a point, Rangers have a mess of a month.

Europa League
Europa.png

One game and one win. The backups are doing a better job here than our 1st team is.

November

Fixtures
FIX.png

We started up with a huge win at home to Aberdeen before beating Motherwell in a tight game. Draws with Hearts & Hibs were not great but not terrible with a busy December on the way.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Look at that top 4! We're all tied on 31 points. The results against Hibs & Hearts looks a bit worse in hindsight.

Europa League
EL.png

Two more wins for our dominating backups that have secured the top spot.

December

Fixtures
FIx.png

A good old fashioned unbeaten December where we drew across the road to Dundee Utd and beat Celtic as well as beating the 3 bottom half teams we had to play.

SPL Table
SPL.png

That run puts us top going into the winter break 3 points clear of Celtic & Aberdeen while Dundee Utd has a stinker of a month falling closer to Hearts & Rangers. If Hibs don't turn it around soon they may be the first team looking for a new manager

Europa League
EL.png

Another simple win after we had already secured the top spot and a bye to the last 16.

January

Fixtures
FIx.png

We'll go 2 seasons in a row without a win in the Scottish Cup but with the league form so good I'm not overly concerned. Speaking of which it was 4 points from 6 against the top 6 teams. Our only dropped points against Rangers after we were 2-0 up and cruising and somehow let it slip away.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Our superb winter form saw us go past Celtic and lead the league. Aberdeen is the closest challenger while 4-time repeat winners are now 10 points back and closer to 6th than the top.

Transfer Window
On the face of it a very busy window but not too much for the first team.

In
In.png

Two for the first team. Jedrzejczyk was a target for the past 12 months due to his min fee. I hope he can add an attacking dimension to my MCs Upfront Mark Smith joins from Liverpool for £90k rather than waiting for a free in the summer

In 1.png
In 2.png

Lots of money spent £15m on my best ever batch of your players. Many of which will be starting in 2045/46.
Youth 1.png
Youth 2.png
Youth 3.png
Youth 4.png
Youth 5.png
Youth 6.png

Out
out.png

4 from the first-team squad depart. The main two were free signings we made in July that netted a £27m return in just 6 months. I was planning to sell a striker once it took in smith and Sommer fell out with me at just the right time to secure a move to China. He's joined by Icelantic midfielder Arasos who never developed beyond a decent SPL player so a possible £10m for him is a great business. Rogora was the second of three players who only lasted 6 months in Dundee. He was struggling to hold back Carlin for the backup spot and with no bids at the min fee £15m i cut my losses and moved him on now. The final 1st teamer on the way out was Gio Severi who only managed 3 games in a mix of injuries and lack of talent.

SPL
SPL trasners.png

Aberdeen is still selling players from my 1st team squad. How they kept the best player from 5 years in Milic is beyond me.​

February

Fixtures
FIx.png

3 wins and one defeat from a run of fixtures that last year would have been and twice was 4 defeats in a row. We did lose our biggest game of the month at Parkhead but wins over Dundee Utd & both capital teams preserve our spot on top.

SPL Table
SPL.png

The top four are still only split by 7 points with one round of games before the split. Rangers should be safe back in the top 6 thanks to the shambolic collapse of Hibs barely scoring more than 1pt per game and their new manager the Regen Frank Fenk has a big job ahead.

Europa League Draw
EL Draw.png

There are 4 Scottish teams in the running for this and we all got decent draws.

March

Fixtures
FIx.png

4 games that should have been 4 wins for our final non-top 6 games and all was going well till our last game in Dunfermline where a near full-strength team went from being 1-0 up to losing the game.

SPL Table
SPL.png

With one game to the spilt, we head towards the split with a 4 point lead over Aberdeen & 2 more from Celtic. Dundee Utd 10 points back are the only side i feel can cost us a Champions League place but need to win all their games.

Europa League Last 16
Partizan 1-5 Dundee
EUropa Last 16.png

No issues even winning with a backup team in the 2nd leg

Q/F Draw
Aberdeen vs Dundee
EUropa qf draw.png

Our route to the final could see us not leave Scotland as the winner of our game plays the winner of Chelsea & Celtic.

End Of Season Split

Europa League Q/F
Aberdeen 3-3 Dundee

Dundee win on away goals
EL Draw qF.png

We deserved to go through over the two legs.

Europa League S/F Draw
Chelsea vs Dundee
EL Draw SF.png

Different levels in the semis

SPL Split
Split start.png

We go into the split with a 4 point lead over Aberdeen who we play right out of the gate.

Match 1
Aberdeen 0-1 Dundee
split match 1.png

We get out of the blocks with the best possible start. Celtic draw as well so the gap is looking great.

Match 2
Dundee 5-1 Rangers
Split match 2.png

After falling behind in the early stages but after levelling before the break we dominated the second half scoring 4 goals to stay clear at the top.

Europa League S/F 1st leg
Chelsea 3-1 Dundee
Struggle for the 2nd leg

Match 3
Dundee Utd 3-1 Dundee
Split Match 3.png

We were at Championship point i guess and we were thoroughly beaten. We have a second chance against Hearts or we will have to go to Celtic on the final day.

Europa League S/F 2nd leg
Dundee 5-4 Chelsea
EL Semi match.png

After losing the first leg 3-1 it felt like it was almost over but with an away goal and the home leg to come there was no reason not to go for it. We fell another goal behind soon after but right on half time Koral brought the tie to life and in an amazing 13 minutes, we score 3 times and held off Chelsea to secure my first ever Europa League final. Now we need to go win the league

Europa SF both results.png

Look at the confidant points!!! A Scottish side will win Europe second biggest trophy

Match 4
Dundee 3-1 Hearts
MAtch 4.png

League Champions! Dundee's greatest ever week. Just days after thumping Chelsea we secure the clubs second league title and first since 1962. The 4th different team I won a title with too.

Match 5
Celtic 3-1 Dundee

split match 5.png

Almost the whole squad was u18​