SC Internacional vs. Everybody. (3way Hotseat Save vs. the brothers)

Cahoon

Reaction score
A Year in Brazil

View attachment 29287
THE PLAYERS

Myself
, aka Boss Tweed
Club: SC Internacional

Lou, aka Lou Alves
Club: Gremio

Mike, aka Mike Alves
Club: Palmeiras

THE SAVE

One season, 2019, for all the marbles.

THE STAKES

Free copy of next years game, Football Manager 2020, to whomever finishes highest in the league
(paid for by whomever finishes lowest)
RULES
No use of in-game editor
Downloaded tactics, shortlists, etc are allowed
Unsackable
For next years save, you can choose any team predicted to finish as high or lower than your finish in the league this year.(you finish 5th, you can choose any team from 5-20 in the Season Preview for next year)

OTHER PRIZES

Winner of State Championship (any state): 500k added to your budget for this years save
Winner of Copa Brasil: 1 million added to your budget for next years save
Winner of League: 2.5 million added to your budget for next years save
Winner of Copa Libertadores: 5 million added to your budget for next years save
Winner of the Club World Championship: An additional 5 million added to your budget for next years save

View attachment 29288

Last edited:
View attachment 29283
Sport Clube Internacional is nicknamed, among others, Champion of Everything.
This is because they are the only Brazilian club to have won every competition in which they can enter.

They are also the only Brazilian club to have an undefeated season, 1979

Last edited:
Mike and Lou are my brothers, they usually come over Saturday mornings to watch football. This when we play Football Manager, so we'll do one week at a time.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy, and I promise it will start slow but it will pick up steam once we actually start playing.

Lou and I have the biggest sibling rivalry, and we are both in the same state, so we'll be battling right through the spring, before we all meet up in the Brasileirao starting in May and continuing right through to the beginning of December 2019. The Copa Libertadores final is around that time as well, hopefully I'll be in it, followed by the Club World Championship which will be the end of the save.

Last edited:
View attachment 26489
days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019
PATRICK 'FEELS GREAT' AFTER FIRST DAY OF PRESEASON CAMP

View attachment 29105
View attachment 29104
SC Internacional central midfielder Patrick

Porto Allegre (AP) - Patrick Bezerra do Nascimento, commonly known as 'Patrick', leaned back against the gym wall Tuesday as Luiz Crescente, Inters director of sports science, carefully wrapped Patrick's knees in preventative ice.

Every camera in the gym captured the moment.

"It felt great. Just talking to the guys, I told them I haven't sprinted on the field since October, the last time I played. It felt great to just run up and down and compete," he said.

Patrick is getting used to a new system at Inter, with new Manager Boss Tweed promising big changes for the upcoming season but will be relying heavily on the star midfielder. Patrick hasn't played in over a month since suffering a severe knee injury during a game vs. Sao Paulo.

"I enjoy a new challenge. It's a new manager for me," he said. "It's going to take some time. They did a great job of letting us move along with the drills pretty quickly, conditioning drills. It was a great practice today. I enjoyed it.

View attachment 29159
SC Internacional training complex

The training ground remains open for players through the month of December, before all players are mandated to return late in the year to begin training camp before Inter opens the season with a friendly with Argentina's Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9th.

Highlights of Patrick, your new favourite player:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLBroje12YA

(Original story Lori Ewing, The Canadian Press )

Last edited:
View attachment 26488

43 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

To prepare for the season, I've done a few Inter saves and I've noticed a pattern. I plough through the State Championships, winning by as much as 8-0, but when I run into Gremio. The Gremio game usually plays out in the same way, I dominate the ball, the scoring chances, the shots, and basically every aspect of the game, then I lose.

It's pretty much down to star power. Gremio has the stars, we don't.

After being relegated in 2016, Inter still isn't back to where we should be. We're close, but we need a few important players to get us over the hump, and I've identified a few players as main transfer targets for the next month. Are they realistic? We'll see. With the ability to defer payments over 3 years I can stretch my transfer budget a little further. If I can't buy them, I'll try to get them in on loan.

To augment my budget, I've transfer listed all my young players. Basically, if they can't help me this season, they're gone.

The main targets are:
View attachment 29011View attachment 29010View attachment 29009View attachment 1187572View attachment 29008

It's strange going through a save day by day, at this point, I've sent scouts to all these players to get an idea of the financials.

1. Gremio and Palmeiras are technically still playing in Continental Competitions so my brothers haven't taken over those teams yet, which gives me a small advantage.
2. This week, I'll focus on the squad, identifying players to transfer list, and possible tactics to fit the remaining players.

Last edited:
View attachment 28915
DAY THREE: WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 28, 2018

42 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019
View attachment 28911

VICTOR CUESTA SIGNS NEW DEAL TO REMAIN AT INTER
View attachment 28914
Cuesta is happy to remain in the nice part of Porto Alegre (Gremio burn)

Porto Alegre (AP) - SC Internacional has signed star central defender Victor Cuesta to take him to the end of 2021. His old deal was due to expire in February, he'll be paid 9k per week on his new deal. This is good news for Inter as Cuesta will be heavily relied upon this coming season. Cuesta is a former player of Arsenal de Sarandi who host Inter on January 9th, 2019 in a friendly match that will signal the beginning of the new campaign.
View attachment 28913Cuesta is expected to be named alternate captain for the coming season.

BITS AND BITES
In other news, a deal for Atletico Mineiro player Adilson was cancelled after it was revealed by fans that he had actually started his career at Gremio. Boss Tweed has apologized for making the offer and says he was unaware of the players dark past.
View attachment 28912
Adilson wearing an offensive shirt while playing against Inter some years ago.

TRANSFER NEWS
Two glaring needs have been identified by Boss Tweed for the coming season. Central midfield, of which we'll need two players, and attacking left midfielder, which we'll need a big star. Tweed has stated that he will use whatever means necessary to fill those positions, be it transfer or loan. He has begun fielding offers for reserve and youth players to bolster his budget.

Last edited:
View attachment 28822
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 2018

41 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

NEGOTIATIONS UNDERWAY FOR SC INTERNACIONAL TO RECEIVE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE

Porto Alegre- (AP) - After assessing the financials of Inter as well as the squad compared to that of rivals Gremio and Palmeiras, negotiations have begun to get more of an even playing field. With Gremio and Palmeiras being the top two favourites to win the league, it seems Inter will need more than just having their debts wiped out. Terms have yet to be agreed.

View attachment 28821It probably wasn't a good idea to let them have the two top clubs.

HELP IS ON THE WAY
Something I probably would have missed completely in this save had I been blasting through season after season, we have a star player coming back from loan at the end of May. Valdivia, will fill a big need in the squad, at attacking left midfielder. He'll join Inter for the 4th league game, which is great news.
View attachment 28820Valdivia will bring his rock star hair back to Inter

ZECA MAYBE ON THE WAY OUT?
With Inter trying to raise cash in any way possible, one of the 3 players capable of playing left-back will almost certainly have to be sold. Zeca, Iago and Uendel are each more than capable of handling the job. In other test saves Inter has sold Zeca for 7 million euros, but currently, only 5% of incoming transfer money is added to the transfer budget, so it's not the best time to sell. I wouldn't bet on all of those players still be around for the start of the season, though.
View attachment 28819Zeca responds to the transfer rumours

SAVE NEWS
Palmeiras has been eliminated from the 2018 Cope Sudamerica, so Mike will officially take control of them this weekend. Gremio has one more game on the 5th, so Lou won't take control of them until next weekend.

We have discussed what to do about the gap in talent among the squads we chose, it really is my fault for agreeing to the teams, Inter is my favourite Brazilian team so I wasn't thinking with my head. One thing that has been discussed is making all three teams start with the same money, transfer and wage budgets. We'll talk more about it this weekend.

Last edited:
View attachment 28730
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2018

40 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

GREMIO ON INTERS FINANCES: DEAL WITH IT!
Gremio not interested in handing out concessions.

Porto Alegre - (Reuters) - Lou Alves, soon to be Gremio manager, has pulled out of negotiations to put all three teams in this save on equal footing. His point being that all teams were open and we all made our choices. So, this save will go ahead as is. All the better, it will make things more satisfying to win.

All I wanted from this save was to not finish third, I can buy my own copy of the game next year, I just didn't want to have to buy someone else's Now what I want from the save is to finish ahead of Lou's Gremio. It's game on now, we got ourselves a rivalry!

View attachment 28729

Gremio vs Inter, round 1 February 10th, 2019

View attachment 28630
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2018

39 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

REPORT: LISANDRO LOPEZ TO INTER

Porto Alegre (AP) - TalkSPORT is reporting that Racing Club of Argentina have accepted a large offer for striker Lisandro Lopez. This could be huge for Boss Tweed as Lopez is a bonafide star and, even at age 35, is capable of scoring goals in bunches.

View attachment 28629
Lopez played 9 games for Inter back in 2015

Details are sketchy at this point but it is believed that the offer is in the neighbourhood of 6 million euros, with 5 million defered and heavily loaded with incentives. If true, this would take up almost all of Inters transfer budget for the year.

Tweed has made no secret of the fact that he has been a fan of Lopez for his whole career and this could be another decision made with his heart, not his head.

That's a lot of money for Lopez, hopefully he does well

Yeah, he's only valued at 850k, which I offered but they countered at 4.8m

My transfer budget's only 1m, so I had to bump it up with deferred payments. He's my favourite player but yeah, it's not the best decision. I have a few weeks to decide.

View attachment 28478
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2018

38 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

PLAYER 2 HAS ENTERED THE GAME: PALMEIRAS

View attachment 28473

São Paulo (AP) - Now that Palmeiras has been eliminated from last seasons Copa Sudamerica, Mike Alves has officially taken charge. His first move was transfer listing 52 players, mostly from the reserves and Under 20's. As far as transfer offers and such, that's private. I can only see what comes through on my news feed. We don't look at each others profiles. (They also don't know about these stories)

His second move was to declare that he will win the league by 10pts.

There's no doubt that Palmeiras has the strongest squad in Brazil, they could probably get rid of their entire starting 11 and still finish top 4, they are that good. But, is Mike that good? In general, he has been. He's been playing FM as long as I have, about 12 years, but his recent form has been poor.

Our last save, as mentioned, was a 3 season, 3 year long save in La Liga where Mike was Barcelona. In three seasons he failed to crack the top 3 and most certainly would have been sacked if we weren't unsackable.

Will he have a new strategy? Has he learned from his mistep in La Liga? Only time will tell, he certainly has the players to do it.

View attachment 28474
Dudu, Borja, and Willian. The best front 3 in South America

One other interesting tidbit, they open the Brasileirao in May against Lou and Gremio, while they close the season against my Inter team. Could be some big games!

OTHER NEWS

Inter's transfer offer for Lisandro Lopez has been accepted, but the players agent has informed Inter that playing in the Copa Libertadores is very important to his client and is not interested in signing for a club that is not involved in the competition. Internacional is involved in the 2019 Libertadores, but that won't be made official until after the current season has concluded, I guess. We'll try another bid at a later date, perhaps.

Some of the players that have been brought in to Inter during test saves are Rafael Sobis (on the left wing), Robinho (same), Fredy Montero up front, Moises (although as a Palmeiras player it would be a different story trying to pry him away from Mike)
View attachment 28469
Rafael Sobis, currently at Cruzeiro, had a monster season for Inter in a test save

Gremio have to play the second leg of the 2018 Copa Libertadores final on Wednesday, December 5th before Lou can official take the reins. That game is important, however, because a win would boost the reputation and certainly the budget of Gremio and it would be the second in a row for them, upping the pressure on Lou. Julen Lopetegui

Last edited:
View attachment 28202
TUESDAY DECEMBER 4TH, 2019
36 DAYS UNTIL FIRST FRIENDLY VS ARSENAL DE SARANDI

I'm starting to look at the squad position by position to see who goes and who stays. Today, I'm focusing on the 'keepers. There are 3 main players here.

Danilo Fernandes is the starter.
View attachment 28204View attachment 28205

Marcelo Lomba is the backup
View attachment 28201View attachment 28200
Daniel is the up and comer
View attachment 28199View attachment 28198
Internacional Training Grounds, Porto Alegre (AP) - I don't really have a history of rotating keepers, I usually stick to one and rarely give him a rest. When I do rest my keeper, I usually throw in a young prospect in a game where I'm the overwhelming favourite. Here, I have two keepers that could both start, Fernandes and Lomba. Fernandes is slightly better, but I'd be happy going with either one, the difference isn't so great between them.

So, it all boils down to who can fetch me the most money on the transfer market. I'll sell one and the other will start for me. I'm comfortable with Daniel as my backup. If there's an injury I can always bring in a loan player in a worst case scenario. The transfer window in Brazil always seems to be open, I should really get the exact dates down. I'm sure I'll have all that sorted by the time the season rolls around.

Tomorrow, I'll look at the back four.

Last edited:
View attachment 28118

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2018

35 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

SPOTLIGHT: LEFT BACK/LEFT WINGBACK

Porto Alegre (AP)- Sport Club Internacional Preview Meek continues with a look at Inter's left side of the defense. Perhaps the strongest position in the squad, Inter have 3 solid players at the position. Ideally, Boss Tweed would like to move one along and keep two. Brazil has a lot of competitions and a LOT of games, June alone has 8 league games, so squad rotation is key.

ZECA
View attachment 28116
View attachment 28115

The starter, for now, Zeca is by far the most valuable player at the position in terms of transfer fee. Unfortunately for him, this also means that he's the most likely to be moved on. He also doesn't seem to be a good fit in a lot of the formations that Tweed likes to play. Prediction: He'll be playing in China by spring.

IAGO
View attachment 28114
View attachment 28113
Iago has all the tools to be better than Zeca and he's close enough in talent that he's a big asset for the coming season. His has a low international reputation so getting value for him would not be easy, so all signs point to Iago being named the starter. Prediction: Starter

UENDEL
View attachment 28087
View attachment 28086

Unedel is just what the club needs, a serviceable backup wingback which allows Tweed to sell one of their two stars at the position. Uendel will go nowhere, he'll be the backup to either Zeca or Iago. The only situation where that wouldn't happen is if Tweed can sell both players with 'loan back' periods that would cover the season. Prediction: Backup

PAGE 2: EDITORIAL

Why I love the Brasileirao.

Serie A in Brazil is very much a Jekyll & Hyde league. Losing the best talent to Eurpe every season has definitely hurt the quality of the games. Watching Serie A on TV is where you see this the most, it's not a great TV league. Going to a game in person is a totally different story. This goes for all South American leagues and double for the Copa Libertadores. The atmosphere in the stadiums is something you can only experience in South America, it's like the supporters section of a European game, but it's the WHOLE stadium, and it's the WHOLE game. Actually, it's the WHOLE day!

As far as playing Football Manager, it's incomparable. In real life the league is unpredictable at best, on FM any team can win, any team can produce a megastar, and any team can take the Copa. With the constant turnover of players it increases the degree of difficulty and places a higher importance on producing and developing players. Every team has money problems, there are no 'oil rich' teams.

And a by-product of playing a save in south America is that 3 or 4 years down the line when people start talking about the next big star from South America, he's old news to you.

During this save I will sprinkle articles and history of the Brasileirao. I'll write previews and recaps of the games using real life events and photos, so that if you choose to read the story, you will also learn about Brazil club football. At the same time, I will be learning more as well.

Here's to a great year!

View attachment 28082

View attachment 27999
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2018

34 days until 1st friendly vs Arsenal de Sarandi on January 9, 2019

PLAYER 3:
GREMIO

View attachment 27998
Porto Alegre (AP) - The final player in this contest is my brother Lou. Who is Lou? Well, let me tell you a little about him. He is the guy who will play a save as Real Madrid, go into the editor and give himself even more money, research and download the best tactic, and proceed to win every game with crazy scorelines. And he will do this for tens of seasons! How is that fun? Anyway, he's that guy.

But, he's also good. He has a good record against me in FM, he does the research, he knows the players, he knows all the tricks and he will use them. But there was also never any doubt that he would choose team that was predicted to finish 1st. He was Real Madrid in our Spain save, he was Flamengo a few years before that against me (as Vasco) and he usually plays as PSG on his own.

In Gremio, he has a team capable of winning it all. Winners of the Copa Libertadores in 2017, runners up in 2018 (In our FM save they lost the final), and predicted by the media to finish 1st.

They have two big stars in Luan and Everton, and will be tough to beat in a one off season. This is a turnkey, ready to go squad.

View attachment 27997
Luan and Everton celebrating another goal

View attachment 27996
View attachment 27995

Last edited:
You definetly have the hardest task trying to end up on top in a one season game, good luck

View attachment 27701
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2018
22 DAYS UNTIL PLAYERS RETURN FROM HOLIDAYS

Rafael Sóbis joins Inter

So, the plan was to start the offseason by reducing the wage bill as much as possible and getting as much money in by selling players who will be of no use to me this season. That meant selling all youth prospects, cancelling loans immediately for players that would be returning to their clubs anyway, and also cancelling youth loans. For some reason, in Brazil, most clubs have a large number of loan players in the youth systems.

One of the players I had my eye on to bring in was Rafael Sobis. In a test save, he played really well for me on the left wing and, like most players, his price would drop as we got closer to the end of the window. I had expected to bring him in sometime in February but this all changed over the weekend when I got word that Cruzeiro had accepted a 375k offer for his services from Mexican side Leon.

View attachment 25017Sobis returns to Inter

I immediately offered 250k, with a 1 time installment payment of 300k (which, conveniently, wouldn't be due for 12 months). This was accepted and I negotiated Sobis' contract full of incentives and a yearly wage rise of 50% while keeping his wages down for the coming season.

The problem I noticed right away was that, even though the wage rise doesn't affect my season, it does affect my committed spending for nexrt season and this hurts my bargaining power for future players. I'm also over my wage bill for the year and have to severely decrease this if I'm to bring in any other players, even loan players.

Hopefully, the other guys make the same mistake. I've encouraged just that by bragging about my shrewd business in this transfer. On the surface it seems like I've captured a top player for less than market value while also paying him less than market value. Anyway, worse case scenario, I've filled a huge hole in the lineup. The left wing is now secure with Sobis and another weekend signing, 37 year old Nene, formerly of PSG, is still capable at the position and will add leadership to the club.

Palmeiras
sign two

Palmeiras didn't waste anytime using up their 2 million euro budget as soon as the offseason began. Recognizing an issue at rightback, with their two starters both on loan deals that were due to end this month, they have secured the services of Marcos Rocha on a permanent deal. Rocha was the starter for 2018 with Mayke as the backup.

(I have a soft spot for Mayke as he was the starter for my Sevilla side that won the Champions League in FM16)

Rocha cost Palmeiras 2.5 million from their budget of 2 million, so they had to reduce their wage budget to afford the transfer. Mayke will return to his club, Cruzeiro at the end of December.

View attachment 27699Rocha: "They want me to stay???"

In a case of the strong getting stronger, Mike lucked out by having Arthur, a solid striker who played at Ceara, come into the fold in a pre-arranged transfer. So, he didn't even cost anything, just a free striker to add to, perhaps, the most potent strike force in South America.

View attachment 27698
Arthur potted 24 goals in 2018 for first division side Ceara

Gremio lose a player
Gremio have kicked off the preseason doing exactly what I had planned to do, by selling off players and building up the budget. Starting left wingback Cortez has been sold to NY Red Bulls of the MLS in a deal reported to be around 1.3 million. Roughly half of that should be added to the transfer budget.

This is a little worrisome for me as my budget has all but been spent while Lou seems to be in a good position to grab those good deals at the end of the window.

OFFSEASON REVIEW SO FAR

With all the players on holiday until December 31st, I will also take a little break from posting and enjoy the holidays. So, I'll take a quick look at how things are shaping up so far.

View attachment 27697

As talented as Palmeiras is, I consider Gremio to be my main competition. That is, until I see more from Mike. He had a dismal performance in our 3 year La Liga save. I will say this though, he didn't actually own his own copy of FM16, the last time he purchased the game was FM15. He does have his own copy of this years game, so I'll have to wait and see what difference that will make.

Even though I'm currently 7th favourite, it may as well be just the three of us. We'll all be making deals to mortgage the future of our clubs just to win this season, so we will all improve dramatically.

As it turns out, the FM version of Gremio finished 12th in the table in 2018 so, I'm not exactly sure how the rules work but they are qualified for the 2019 Copa Libertadores. This could be because they were in the final last year or from some other rule altogether. Either way, they are in there but will have to go through two qualifying rounds in order to get to the group stage. Inter and Palmeiras are directly through to the group stage already.

So, there are 5 trophies that each club will be competing for:
State Championships
Copa do Brasil (Cup)
Brasileirao (League)
Copa Libertadores (South American Champions League)
Club World Cup

I'll preview each competition as they begin, starting with the State Championships next month. I will post a few updates this month, but the action really gets going in January. The players report back on New Years Eve (that's gotta suck) and first friendlies are on the 9th, from there, it's nonstop action right through to next December. Perhaps the roughest schedule in all of world football!

STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS COMING UP IN JANUARY

View attachment 27696Gremio
Gaucho State Championships: 37 (2nd most)

View attachment 27695Internacional
Gaucho State Championships: 45 (Most)

View attachment 27694Palmeiras
Campeonato Paulista Championships: 22 (2nd most, Corinthians-29)

Last edited:
View attachment 27321

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2018
17 DAYS UNTIL PLAYERS REPORT TO CAMP

Porto Alegre (AP) - It's been pretty quiet during the 'offseason', almost a whole month with no football is what qualifies for an offseason in Brazil. Since the last update, Inter has sold a couple of players. 3rd string keeper Daniel will join San Jose of the MLS for 50k, while out-of-favour forward Diego Goncalves will also head to the MLS, joining Orlando City for 70k. Both players join their clubs on Feb 6. The moves save 1625 euros per week.

View attachment 27317
Diego Gone-calves

We're still about 15k over budget per week for wages and have no transfer budget, so more moves will follow. When the 120k from these moves come in, only 30% will be added to the transfer budget. I'll immediately move that over to the wage budget as I don't plan on buying anymore players. I will, however, look for some loan moves.
View attachment 27315
33 years ago today, Brazil was painted red for the first time as Inter won the Brazilian Championship for the first time on December 14, 1975 as club legend Elias Figueroa scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Cruzeiro. This was followed by Championships in 1976 and 1979, which was the only undefeated season in the history of the Brazilian Championship, a total of 39 games without a loss.
View attachment 27314
Figueroa

Last edited:
View attachment 26491

10 DAYS UNTIL TRAINING BEGINS.....

Porto Alegre (AP) - I finished a full season on a test save with Inter and I've settled on a tactic that works well, it's a variation of a Knap tactic, a 4-2-4, with 2 up top and 2 attacking wingers. The only problem with it is something you've all probably come across many times. One of my best players, Rodrigo Dourado, is not a good fit.

Dourado, once a target of Manchester United and AC Milan, is a holding midfielder, which is no use to me in this formation. He's passable as a central midfielder, but not a good use of his talents.

View attachment 26490
Dourado won gold with Brazil at the 2016 Olympic Games

My options are to either sell the 24 year old, or to play him out of position and not get full value out of him. The risk in selling him is that if I'm unsuccesful I'd upset him and he's very influential in the dressing room.

I'm going to keep him for now and try to tweak this tactic to incorporate him but if a team comes in for him I would move him on and bring in a few players that fit the tactic a little better.

PAGE 2
To give you an idea of the lengths each of us will go to to win this competition, I'll share this with you.

The three of us decided that, with the Copa America in 2019, we would each take over a country and play the tournament just for fun. So, we talked about it and decided to pick teams excluding Brazil and Argentina. Well, Lou went first and picked Peru.

Peru?

Yes, not Uruguay, not Chile or Colombia. Peru.

So, eventually is came out that Lou picked Peru because my top striker is from Peru, Paolo Guerrero, and this would take him away for a month. Well, even though Guerrero would be picked anyway, this obviously opened the door to all kinds of shenanigans so we cancelled the whole Copa America thing altogether. Nobody trusts anybody in this family.

Last edited:
View attachment 26428

GAUCHO STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS PREVIEW

If you've never played a save in, or followed Brazilian football, December is the only time of the year where there is no football. The League begins in May, but before that each state holds their state championships.
View attachment 26415
The Gaucho State Championship is contested in the southern state of Rio Grande do Sul, and it consists of 12 teams. The competition is marked by two clubs, Internacional and Gremio, who have won a combined 82 of the 98 championships. The rest of the teams are from Serie B (the 2nd division) or lower. There will be blowouts. The last time there was a final without at least one of these clubs was in 1954.
The competition will run from January to April. Each team plays the other teams once, for a total of 11 league games.
The top 8 teams will advance to a 2 leg knockout tournament

View attachment 26412

Gremio and Inter play on the 10th of February. The other teams that have a remote chance in this competition will come from the Serie B clubs, those are Brasil de Pelotas and Esporte Clube Juventude.
View attachment 26411
The real contest will be between Gremio and Inter, and it could come down to goal difference so don't look for anyone to take their foot off the gas.

The final is a two legged affair so finishing first in the league doesn't have any real advantage, but don't tell that to Lou or myself, there are no meaningless matches with us.

View attachment 26410
Each team will have 1 or 2 friendlies in early January before the action kicks off on the 16th of January.

Last edited: