SC Internacional vs. Everybody. (3way Hotseat Save vs. the brothers)

View attachment 26096

So, with the holidays, lots of family were over, including Lou and Mike, and that means Football Manager! We basically played the off-season right up to training camps. It looks like we all filled our needs and we all seem equally confident. Here's a look at the changes in my squad.

OUT:

Marquinhos (MR) to America (Mineiro)
Not quite up to snuff and playing a position that's not helpful to us.

Andres D'Allessandro (AMC) to River Plate
Club Legend, but didn't fit into the tactics and, at 37, he'll go back to his childhood club
View attachment 26085

Rodrigo Dourado (DM) to China
Our best player, but also didn't fit into the tactic. The tactic is good and I didn't want to go a different way, Dourado had to go, unfortunately.
View attachment 26095

Edilnilson (MC/WBR) to Sao Paolo
Caught in between two positions but not sparkling in either, an upgrade was necessary

Andrigo (ST/AMR) to Parana
This was a player who's attitude I just could not take. He simply isn't good enough to be as yappy as he is and I had enough of his questioning every decision I made.

Fabricio (WBL) to America (Mineiro)
He was fourth choice at left back and simply had no place in the team.

GONE BUT NOT REALLY GONE:

Zeca and Iago
(both LB) were sold with 'Loan back length' clauses so they will remain with the club for the entire season while bringing in close to 10 million euros

PLAYERS COMING IN:

Up Front:
No new strikers coming in, but we do have Paolo Guerrero, signed last season but serving a 14 month ban for cocaine use which is due to expire on the 20th of February. He's another one with an attitude and he's been questioning every signing, but he's needed so I'm looking the other way for now.
View attachment 26093View attachment 26092

On the wings:
Nene was brought in to provide depth on the left wing, but due to finances at the time, the deal was called off. After some house clearing (see above), money was available and Neilton was brought in. I saw that Inter signed him in real life and it gave me the idea, I looked at Neilton, he made sense and he was signed.
View attachment 26091View attachment 26090

Rafael Sobis will play both left wing and striker.

Midfield:
Elias was brought in from Atletico Mineiro. He's the Deep Lying Playmaker that our formation was crying out for. He'll play alongside Patrick and that takes away my worries for midfield.
View attachment 26088View attachment 26089

Mateus Uribe was signed from America (Mexico) specifically because he provides quality backup for both Patrick (BBM) and Elias (DLP) which is key in this long marathon season that is about to begin.
View attachment 26087 View attachment 26086

Back Four:
Hudson was brought it from Sao Paolo and will start at Wingback on the right side
View attachment 26084 View attachment 26082

My biggest concern this off season is central defense. This tactic is good, we score a lot of goals, but we give up more goals than I'm comfortable with. This isn't a good feeling when I'm up against my brothers, they both love to score goals, especially Lou, with Gremio. He never stops coming at you and I don't want to get into shootouts. I'm still not comfortable with my center of defense, but I feel a little better after signing Henrique, from Corinthians. He's a Ball Playing Defender, which I was looking for (I actually need two) and he was affordable.
View attachment 26075 View attachment 26074

OUTLOOK:

Overall, I feel a lot better about this squad, I've got almost full green circles at every position without dropping in quality from the players that had to leave. I'd still like to bring in another BPD and a poacher up front, but I'm ready for the State Championships with this lineup. I was really surprised how far I was able to stretch my budget with only having to worry about one year. We all used the old tricks (50% wage rise, the incentive bonus filled contracts, installment payments, 50% sell on fee) but I also used the 'loan back length' clause for as many of my sales as possible and that is something I don't think my brothers picked up on.

If I was playing a normal save with this lineup and tactic, I'd have no doubts about trophies, so I'm pretty pumped about taking on Mike and Lou. The anticipation is building, and if this is any indication, the season is gonna be pretty exciting!
View attachment 26070

Last edited:
View attachment 25455

Porto Alegre (AP) - After 6 weeks of posting with pretty much no news, I have one more post...with no news. But, training has begun, the teams are pretty much set. I signed two players in the past week, a much needed striker and some depth on the wing. Gremio signed a couple of right backs and Palmeiras signed a big centre half.

View attachment 25453 View attachment 25454

View attachment 25452 View attachment 25451

As for training, usually I'd set them all to tactical and learn the formation as quick as possible, but with the State Championships there's really no need. The good thing about having a round-the-calendar schedule is that by the time the league kicks off in May, every players is well versed in the formation.
View attachment 25450
My big concern is to stay away from injuries during State, I don't have much depth in my squad and no money so a long term injury could be crippling.

[video]https://youtu.be/EbVhh_RLWQs[/video]

Last edited:
View attachment 25014
PORTO ALEGRE (AP)- Internacional got their official pre-season friendly programme off to a good start with a comfortable win away to Arsenal de Sarandi of Argentina.

Little will be won or lost in January, but Boss Tweed can be quietly pleased with how his Inter side got their season underway with victory in Buenos Aires.

Inter scored four times against the host second division Argentine side, with new signing Gabriel Xavier starring with a superb 25 yard strike that put the match out of reach.

Tweed will hope for another step of progress next Saturday when Colorados (The team nickname) visit Instituto in Cordoba, Argentina in their second pre-season friendly, before Inter open their Rio Grande do Sur campaign with a visit to Pelotas on January 16, and although the defense was shaky against Arsenal, the squad was mostly U23 and backup players.

Our big rivals, Gremio could only manage a late goal to salvage a 1-1 draw with Banfield of Argentina.

View attachment 25007

Sobis signs for Inter in real life, I did it a month ago. It's good to know that someone is actually reading this! lol

View attachment 25006

Last edited:
View attachment 24984

Porto Alegre (AP) - Star centre back Victor Cuesta has suffered ligament damage during training and is expected to be out for a few weeks. Cuesta, like most of the starters, was not in the lineup for Wednesdays 4-0 win at Arsenal de Sarandi. Cuesta spent the first 6 years of his career at Arsenal. He was not expected to take part in any matches until close to February so the injury should not affect the preseason.

Yan Petter, Valdemir, and Alex Santana have all been given permission to speak with second division clubs and are expected to leave the club soon.

Inter has one more friendly during it's preseason tour of Argentina before the State Championships get underway next week.

View attachment 24983

In other team news, Boss Tweed is said to be losing patience with striker Paolo Guerrero, who is currently serving a 14 month suspension for cocaine abuse due to end in February. Guerrero is a very vocal critic of Tweeds every move in the dressing room and the discontent is starting to spread. Rumour is that Tweed was forced to call a team meeting to address his management of the team and several players were backing Guerrero. We haven't played a match yet, and Guerrero has never played for the club, yet we're in this position? Guerrero may be more trouble than he's worth!
View attachment 24982

This thread has been going for 7 weeks during the preseason, now that the action is upon us I'm going to start a new thread to follow the season and close this one. Next match is Saturday. Thanks for following along

Last edited: