Scholes quits with immediate effect.

• Thread starter Thread starter W4FC B3N
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 2K
That's a massive herpes cold sore he's got. Guessing there are a few other superinjuctions we haven't heard about.

Last edited:
Best Scholes moments:

1. Volley against Villa.
2. Goal against Barca
3. Goal against Fulham (Giggs corner and Scholes volley). That was keeper's mistake, still it was vintage partnership.
4. Goal against Milan, swung right leg and scored with left. Hilarious goal..

And all those inch perfect long passes.

According to a United ITK - Zinedine Zidane and Andres Iniesta are going to be offered a chance to play in his testimonial in August and both have given the indication that they'd love to take part.

Such a shame that he did not play for the England squad beyond Euro 2004.

Legend.

The price we pay for having muppets in the game, who wanted to play scholesy wildly out of position. We never take full advantage of our most gifted players.

YouTube - ‪Scholes Top 10‬‏

My favourite Scholes moment is undoubtedly the goal against Barcelona, just watching it back sends a shiver down my spine. He's scored some incredible goals in his time though, none more so than the strike against Middlesboro (2nd in above video I think). What a player, I just wished he wasn't messed about with England and played out of position - he'd probably still be in the England squad!

Irreplaceable

Sad to see him go. Amazing player and one the most decorated in football.

Interesting that he is one of the few top players not to have an agent throughout his career.

A massive blow to football in general, although I won't miss him dominating midfield against us ;). Goodbye Scholes!

Worldclass player. Mancs will tell their grandkids they saw him play.

I really love Scholes, shame he retired. Our finest midfielder and great person. He can do lot's of thing, score from 30 meters, pass from one side to another with such accuracy, he was always there when you really need him... Just look against City and Barcelona ( header and rocket :wub:). Sure, he can't tackle, but that made him even more special, his great red cards will be missed :). Good bye our true legend.

I can now say I was there at Van Der Sar and Paul Scholes' last matches in their careers.

Also, anyone else think we should retire the #18 shirt?

Worldclass player. Mancs will tell their grandkids they saw him play.

:wub: Scholes, genuinely feel honored to have watched him play, sometimes i wonder if he arrived 10 years too early for the english national game

Great player. Can't say anything that hasn't already been said.

what the england national team really missed in 06, quali for 08 and 2010 was Paul Scholes. England has alot of good players but they have no midfielder who gets the ball down and passes it while holding the centre. Anyone who says Gareth Barry will make me ROFL

If United retired all their legends shirt numbers there wouldn't be many numbers left.

I can now say I was there at Van Der Sar and Paul Scholes' last matches in their careers.

Also, anyone else think we should retire the #18 shirt?

We shouldn't. We had great players over the years, we didn't retire #7, #10, #1 shirts. Young players will feel privileged to don #18 shirt.

Greatest midfielder of his generation, and to have ever graced the premier league.

Lets talk about our Favourite Scholes moments then people.

Mine has to be a fairly recent one, That goal against City at the city of manchester stadium. What a goal, last minute, Kinda signalled his career, Just ghosted into the box, no fuss and produced the goal.

Another is the goal at OT in 2008 against Barcelona, The ball falls to scholesy 30 yards old and bang into the top corner he goes.

The volley against Aston Villa. And more recently; the game against Everton where he plays a huge, inch perfect pass over the top for Berbatov to score.

A legend of this era and will always be rememberd. Big summer for Utd now in replacing 2 big players after retirement.

Greatest midfielder of his generation, and to have ever graced the premier league.

The volley against Aston Villa. And more recently; the game against Everton where he plays a huge, inch perfect pass over the top for Berbatov to score.

Saw that on Sky Sports years 2010 today :wub: was ulltimately sexgodness

Back