Scholes quits with immediate effect.

• Thread starter Thread starter W4FC B3N
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 2K
Zidane - My toughest opponent? Scholes of Manchester. he is the complete midfielder.

**** said. When Zidane calls you the toughest, you were good. Top player, misused by England, one of the best of his generation.

Few twitter responses:

Giuseppe Rossi:
One of the greats in his position has retired. Was an honor playing with Paul Scholes.. #RespectForALegend

Pique:
Paul Scholes retires .. One of the best players I've seen in my life! Training was a sight! It was a pleasure playing with him!

Nasri:
Sad to hear Paul Scholes is retiring great player world class player the english zizou

Just got back from training course so only just heard. Always sad when I hear a true great has retired. And he pretty much was a true great. Never complained, always kept a low profile and just got on with what he was told-though i wonder how many times he was told not to tackle lol. Goodbye Sir Scholes, you will indeed by very sorely missed by football fans.
And commisorations to the next player who has to fill his boots in that position-they're pretty much going to have a near impossible job being as great as he was.

Sad day for soccer when a legend like Scholes retires...

Glad to see him becoming a coach..

[video=youtube;UKFuBWky3xU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKFuBWky3xU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

I can't find words on how much i respect him. He truly is the best midfielder of his generation like Zidane said

Very good player, but I think it's the best time for his retirement. He will be a good acquest for the MU staff.

Back