Scoring a ton, But conceding a few too many at the same time.

With ur tactic in mind ive also started a new save and changed bits and pieces here and there, and the results so far is quite amazing tbh.
I use ur formation with my own player settings for home games, and for away games and tougher games Ive moved the bvm down to a defensive midfielder(still with bvm role).

And keep in mind the tactics have only been fully gelled for the last few games.

View attachment 471139

Have to say im very pleased so far, but im pretty sure this tactic can be tweaked to be even better. So im going to keep working with it a bit more :)

Nice job man, Looks great. Is it a complete copy of the tactic I had going?

To be honest, Suarez doesn't have great PPM's for a complete forward either, But it just worked. I don't really know what to say.

Sorry man

Eple.

I play with Suarez as a CF, and hes doing quite well. I have "roam from position" as the only player instruction on him and that seems to work. Could be u will get more out of that position by changing role from CF to DLP, also it seems to to work better with a physical player in the advanced forward role in this tac. But atm im changing between Aspas and Maupay in that role.
Not home atm so cant remember all player instructions I use.

No7Lukeee

The formation, roles and team instructions are the same. Ive added my own player instructions and set pieces.
My own training I always use, and my assistant manager handles the team talks (could do it better myself but im lazy :p ).
The "away,harder match" tactic is same as the other one, exepct that I moved my BWM down as a defensive midfielder (diamond formation) still with BWM role.

My best results so far is 5-1 against Everton at home and 6-1 away against Man City(!)

The look for overlap instruction causes my fullbacks to be out of position often, even when I've got them on a support or defend duty, especially if there is no dm to cover. Am interested to see if the anchor man solves the problem. Can you post results when you get there"?

Check to see where the assists are coming from.

Last edited:
I decided not to use that.

I'm in February and rightback Matt Lowton is oddly enough leading the AVR charts with 7.84. (close to 11 tackles pr game - he has dive into tackle ppm)
Alex Telles on the left has 7.54avr, 6.5 tackles and 5 assists in 18 games.

On a killer run now since tweaking with 11-1-0 and 9 clean sheets :) :)

No problem, it's here. I use the counter tactic only at end of games to shore things up.

Finished the season.. well, only got the CL-Final left to play :) :)

View attachment 432043

View attachment 432042

View attachment 432041

View attachment 432040

Looking at the league table it's pretty clear that it's awesome at home and not so much awesome away. However, most of those draws and the 2 losses came during bad runs which all were accompanied by simultaneous goal drought on all strikers. They were recurring so often this season, I've never seen anything like it and I don't really know what's causing it. Pretty much dominated every game and created more than enough to win every time, only to be let down by strikers missing chance after chance. So I might look at what I can do to avoid goal droughts next season, but perhaps also adopt a slightly more cautious approach away from home.

Overall I'm very pleased. All players performed really well. It's only the DLP that doesn't get great ratings, but he is instrumental in the play, and I don't like the shape of the attack as much when I move him down to DMC. The CM-A (Romero) was excellent, scoring a bunch of goals and assist. The AP-A spot was occupied by Belhanda, Iancu and Barkley and as you can see from the stats picture they all did extremely well. I'm a stats ***** so this is a delight for me.

Last edited:
Finished the season.. well, only got the CL-Final left to play :) :)

View attachment 472409

View attachment 472410

View attachment 472412

View attachment 472414

Looking at the league table it's pretty clear that it's awesome at home and not so much awesome away. However, most of those draws and the 2 losses came during bad runs which all were accompanied by simultaneous goal drought on all strikers. They were recurring so often this season, I've never seen anything like it and I don't really know what's causing it. Pretty much dominated every game and created more than enough to win every time, only to be let down by strikers missing chance after chance. So I might look at what I can do to avoid goal droughts next season, but perhaps also adopt a slightly more cautious approach away from home.

Overall I'm very pleased. All players performed really well. It's only the DLP that doesn't get great ratings, but he is instrumental in the play, and I don't like the shape of the attack as much when I move him down to DMC. The CM-A (Romero) was excellent, scoring a bunch of goals and assist. The AP-A spot was occupied by Belhanda, Iancu and Barkley and as you can see from the stats picture they all did extremely well. I'm a stats ***** so this is a delight for me.

Wow!

That's a massive achievement, Even with the great squad you have. Well done!

I've started my second season with a few changes, Started well, Still scoring a lot but still getting those goals conceded. Seriously trying to sort out the defense. The DM definitely helps though!

Cheers. It might very well be team quality and reputation which is allowing me to play very attacking. I certainly wouldn't expect this tactic to work so good as is with the starting squad and rep of Aston Villa.

There have been a few times where I've been vulnerable to through balls for the strikers, but they very rarely score these, so I'm not too worried about that. Maybe it's Valdes fault.. he is excellent at one-on-ones.

NXjojok.png

Using the tactic that I linked to earlier.

The only changes I make is that when I'm up against a good team that takes the game to me, or when I have to defend a lead, is that I add the drop deeper instruction and move the DLP down to DMC-position.

If the opposition are one man down I go 'play wide'

And if I need a goal towards the end I go overload (has worked very effectivly)

Oh, an in addition if I don't have a typical complete forward fit, I change that role to a false nine and add shoot less often and roam from position on player instructions.

I also tested it with Sporting Lisbon (predicted 3rd, I think) by going on holiday until new years and absolutley tore the league apart.

Eple ur tactic worked great for me up until february the first season, when I totally stopped producing chances and scoring.
Im now in november the second season and still have the same problem. Scoring on average 1.3 goals a game, having around 10 shots 4-5 on goal and 0-1 ccc, and conceding 0.9 goals a game ( im ok with the defence).

Cant find out whats wrong as I certinly have the right players for this tac and a quality squad too.

Yeah, it's an odd one. What team and strikers? To be honest I think it's down to other circumstances than the actual tactic.

I do have the occasional rut, where every game is battle. This season my strikers were somewhat 'off' for almost the entire first half, then they suddenly switched on, and now they are insane. Zapata(AF) has 15 in the last 9 games. Benteke (CF) has 7 in 8. Iancu(AP) has been great all season and has 20 goals and 20 assist already.

The only real difference is that I decided to stop using the *** man for team talks and I don't do individual talks during match or interact with them, whereas before I did them all the time. I mostly say what he suggest, but I don't let him do it. Ever since I've changed that the football has been quite different. Then again maybe it's other teams readjusting to the league and form or something.. I don't know. I just thrashed Man City 4-0 away and goal difference in the last 8 games is 32-0 :O

Yeah, it's an odd one. What team and strikers? To be honest I think it's down to other circumstances than the actual tactic.

I do have the occasional rut, where every game is battle. This season my strikers were somewhat 'off' for almost the entire first half, then they suddenly switched on, and now they are insane. Zapata(AF) has 15 in the last 9 games. Benteke (CF) has 7 in 8. Iancu(AP) has been great all season and has 20 goals and 20 assist already.

The only real difference is that I decided to stop using the *** man for team talks and I don't do individual talks during match or interact with them, whereas before I did them all the time. I mostly say what he suggest, but I don't let him do it. Ever since I've changed that the football has been quite different. Then again maybe it's other teams readjusting to the league and form or something.. I don't know. I just thrashed Man City 4-0 away and goal difference in the last 8 games is 32-0 :O

Playing Mitrovic as the AF and Suarez as CF, Maupay is getting a bit of time aswell.
Yeah I wouldnt be too worried about the lack of scoring if I produced chances, but im not doing that eihter and that worries me. Gonna give it a few more months to see how it developes, if I dont ragequit before that haha :p

Have u got pics of player instructions mate?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Using eple tactic conceding a lot of own goals

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk