6-1 win vs Pacos
1-0 win vs Bologna
3-1 win vs Parma
6-1 win vs Basle
1-2 loss to Roma
2-1 win vs Verona
5-3 win vs Sampdoria
3-0 win vs Viktoria Plzen

So far, attacking seems to be really good, nice to watch, I'm sure I'd be better off if I manage to get myself a better AMC and a DM in January, though. Still leaking goals through corners and free kicks, very annoying. :( (This is even after using the correct file that was uploaded later)

Seems to do okay vs the small/medium teams, but against the big boys I'm getting schooled. On full familiarity, played away to Juve, scored 2 goals that were a tad lucky, but then they scored 3 and won the game. Next up was Chelsea in the CL, and we were absolutely embarrassed, lost 5-1, could have been even more :( I've tried using OIs for the big games, and defensive positioning match prep, but it doesn't seem to have an effect. I'll just wait for an updated OP on how to play it properly, I guess.

Typing up write up and will include all answers to any questions. So if you want to know something you think I might miss out throw it on this thread as I will have a glance and scan through before I amend and publish the proper opening first post.

My results so far with Milan -
0-1 loss to Pacos Ferreira
2-1 win vs Atalanta
6-1 win vs Pacos
1-0 win vs Bologna
3-1 win vs Parma
6-1 win vs Basle
1-2 loss to Roma
2-1 win vs Verona
5-3 win vs Sampdoria
3-0 win vs Viktoria Plzen

So far, attacking seems to be really good, nice to watch, I'm sure I'd be better off if I manage to get myself a better AMC and a DM in January, though. Still leaking goals through corners and free kicks, very annoying. :( (This is even after using the correct file that was uploaded later)

There is no way to avoid leaking set piece goals now and again.

First game with this tactic. Away to Rayo (i'm Barcelona) and I got pumped 5-2. I know it's only 1 game, but to concede 5 to RAyo is shocking.

In all seriousness, really?

I don't mean the result, which I don't doubt happened. I mean the post.

What's wrong with the post?

You've stated your tactic has "broken the ME". I've pointed out that conceding 5 goals to a team that I should beat easily is a shocking start?

Are you only looking for positive feedback?

Playing as Villa 3 seasons in. First game 5-1 loss to Chelsea. They scored 2 from direct free kicks and I had 5 ccc to their 2. Looks promising if I can sort the defence out.

One thing I will say is looking at my archived tactics in game, I've never tried so many and still don't seem to have found a 'super tactic'. The tactics guys must put some hours in so cheers for the effort.

Where do I state I have broken the match engine. I said I feel I've made a breakthrough.

I want reasoned positive and negative feedback. One game is not a discernible yardstick, no matter how good bad the result.

You've given zero feedback. I have zero indication as to how the goals were conceded etc. Just a moan.

Its no feedback if t can't be used, its just a moan/*****.

I am trying to sort out an issue with "slow, non aggressive" center halves for example. Give me reasons and explanations please. I'l then improve.

Last edited:
One thing I will say is looking at my archived tactics in game, I've never tried so many and still don't seem to have found a 'super tactic'. The tactics guys must put some hours in so cheers for the effort.

I've lost count on how many tactic's I've made and tested hours on end , I don't think the ME will be "broken" this year.

I've lost count on how many tactic's I've made and tested hours on end , I don't think the ME will be "broken" this year.

I'd agree with that. The variance and complexity of the AI tactics in conjunction with a stronger ME mean a game by game approach is needed.

Plug and Play is dead.

Working on a version that works against teams doing something similar. Attacking wise I am pleased as punch with this but the "drop deep" function leaves it open to a skull ******* from route one teams.

Working on it.

May well be 2/3 tactics based on what opposition you face.

Working on a version that works against teams doing something similar. Attacking wise I am pleased as punch with this but the "drop deep" function leaves it open to a skull ******* from route one teams.

Working on it.

May well be 2/3 tactics based on what opposition you face.
When do think it will be ready mate

The left winger doesn't have any instructions, is it on purpose?

Played Sunderland at home and created 6 CCC. I scored 1 and drew 1-1.

Even if you scored from half of the CCCs a good tactic creates you'd win nearly every game and score 3 goals per game. Obviously this is unrealistic and the ME keeps the score realistic by producing super keepers and horrendous finishing.

How many screenies have we seen where its 31 shots, 18 on target, 7 CCCs and lost 1-0.

The match engine is inconsistent and flawed. I can't see a complete rebuild any time soon.

ASAP. The version just now is far from flawless. What I have worked out, is that much the same as in one of the patches for FM12, the inside forwards or Shadow Strikers cause a lot of damage when either side of a pivot. Be that a Advanced Playmaker, enganche or even a Deep Lying Forward.

That's the attacking concept I a trying to retain. The CM's don't need to be attacking and may well be better served as ball winning midfielders.

I want to force play down the middle and sit narrow. The problem is that I have been a tad naive in assuming
that it would be universally ok to be great going through the middle.
If a team compresses that space then attacks the flanks then it is wide open. Likewise balls over the top or
through balls.
So currently working on re-jigging the tactic to retain that pivot and keep solid at the back.
Will undoubtedly fall back on the pressure concept.

Help

Could folk test this version out and give me following feedback.

1. Are goals conceded soley via the flanks when up against AMR/AMLs?
2. How are goals mainly lost?
3. Is the AMR/AML scoring more than the AF?
15-20 testbed thanks folks
Cheers.

Hi Chrissy,

Thanks for your work on this. I'll give it a test for you with a new Chelsea save now. Do you want me to test plug + play or are you adjusting home/away etc?

plug & play. Want to know when the goals go in mostly. As may need to edit and amend a tactic for control/run the clock down.