Calum

Reaction score
Scotland v Lithuania

Euro 2012 Group I Qualifier

Hampden Park, Glasgow

6 September 2011

Kick-off: 2000 BST

Coverage: BBC Radio Scotland and Sky Sports 2

Barry Bannan and Don Cowie will start in midfield for Scotland against Lithuania at Hampden, replacing the absent Scott Brown and Charlie Adam.
Scotland boss Craig Levein has made four changes to the team who drew 2-2 with the Czech Republic on Saturday.
Steven Whittaker returns from suspension and replaces Alan Hutton, who has been carrying a groin injury, at right-back.
David Goodwillie replaces the suspended Kenny Miller as the lone striker.

Lithuania will be without Edgaras Cesnauskis who was red carded in Friday's 0-0 draw with Liechtenstein.

Scotland team: McGregor, Whittaker, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Fletcher, Cowie, Bannan, Morrison, Goodwillie

Formation 4-5-1

Karcemarskas, Deividas Cesnauskis, Kijanskas, Zaliukas, Klimavicius, Radavicius, Labukas, Semberas, Pilibaitis, Mikoliunas, Sernas.

Last edited:
Home advantage will conquer.

Nahh im just kidding. 1-1.

my prediction is 1-0 Scotland (Kenny Miller) :)

Comfortable win for Lithuania......

...because I have Scotland to win on my accy.

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Scott Brown mesed up the games best chance by kicking the air insted of the ball :(

Half Time
0-0
Scotland playing well :)

Watching the half-time coverage reminds me how bad Scottish football pundits are at their job. I thought punditry was a bit more complex than telling you what you've just seen with your own eyes.

"The only thing missing is a goal."

*Sigh*

Watching the half-time coverage reminds me how bad Scottish football pundits are at their job. I thought punditry was a bit more complex than telling you what you've just seen with your own eyes.

"The only thing missing is a goal."

*Sigh*

I know state the ovious Rob XD

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Full Time
0-0
We played well just no goal :(

Say what you like about the performance, but that is a poor result, no matter how you butter it up. As much as I hate him, I probs would have played Kris Boyd ahead of Miller because he would've scored against a nation like this. Also, I would have started Graeme Dorrans. But hey ho, we're guaranteed a win over Liechtenstein, seeing as we are just amazing, footballing behemoths.

*Sobs quietly*

Scotland in control all game, just lacked a final ball. If Brown actually kicked the ball early on that would of been 1-0.

Overall, good performance and an OK point. Should of been 3. Bring on Liechtenstein...

Oh and Dorrans and McFadden should of been on earlier.

Copying what I said on Facebook;

"Without trying to sound biased, but Scotland were the better team :| The tackles from Lithuania were appalling and Scotland were unlucky to come away from there with a point.

In saying that, Hutton needs to learn to calm the **** down :|"

dont worry scotland, it could be worse, your team could have just lost to montenegro :O, and you could have THE WORST MANAGER EVER :mad: (toshack).

dont worry scotland, it could be worse, your team could have just lost to montenegro :O, and you could have THE WORST MANAGER EVER :mad: (toshack).

i'd say montenegro (sp) are a a good team and are better than Lithunia

so unlucky Wales

Decent performance, gutted to only take a point.
But for the whole 4 mins he got, i'd have taken off Whittiker and instead of Berra put on Boyd and stuck Mculloch back.

Now we need 2 points extra from Spain or Czech oO)

Decent performance, gutted to only take a point.
But for the whole 4 mins he got, i'd have taken off Whittiker and instead of Berra put on Boyd and stuck Mculloch back.

Now we need 2 points extra from Spain or Czech oO)

The Czechs are a possibility, we did beat them before :L