SCOTLAND v LITHUANIA - European Championship Qualifier

Winners

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree with Pistol ... Boydy, Dorrans and McFadden ... I'd have started with all three, at least with them on we would have had more guile.
I thought Naismith and Whittaker put in tremendous shifts as did Weir and MacManus given that both are accidents waiting to happen.
I honestly thought that we would have won this one and tbh I think we would have if we had played with the guys mentioned above ... I mean I know when playing against teams like Holland , Italy, Germany or Spain you should be a bit wary but all too often we wouldn't commit enough players forward to make our possession count in the last third and for me that was our failing ... still a point is better than none though all three should have been got.

So frustrating watching Scotland. In a game we really need to win, and Levein plays a ****** 4-5-1 with Miller 40 yards away from his nearest team mate. No wonder we don't score. In games like this we really need either 2 up front or some wingers that get forwards often and effectively i.e. NOT Barry Robson.

I love Scotland, but they won't qualify, you know that when you draw to Lithuania.

Never rated Craig Levein as a manager, **** at Leicester, and doesn't deserve the Scotland job, when you need to qualify for the Euro's you don't play 4-5-1 against Lithuania :S

Agree with pistolped7 said, no matter how much you butter it up, it's a poor result. This is a team we should realistically be beaten, no disrespect though. I have only the highest praise for Levein I thought he'd be the man to help us qualify. Hopefully a 4-4-2, with miller and McFadden up top, we'll get 3 points on the table.

Agree with pistolped7 said, no matter how much you butter it up, it's a poor result. This is a team we should realistically be beaten, no disrespect though. I have only the highest praise for Levein I thought he'd be the man to help us qualify. Hopefully a 4-4-2, with miller and McFadden up top, we'll get 3 points on the table.

The only reason we looked decent tonight was becuase htey were so poor, we were very, very average tonight :S

The only reason we looked decent tonight was becuase htey were so poor, we were very, very average tonight :S

Totally agree mate they were poor. We'll get hammered from the Czechs and the Spaindards if we can't improve. I heard on sky sports we've scored 1 in the last 6. I didn't reliese things were that bad :S . . .

If you play a 4-5-1, you must have an attack-minded centre mid. Unfortunately, we had Fletch and Brown sitting, neither getting forward to support. The time has come to drop Brown and give Dorrans his chance to take his berth, he's never been the same since leaving Hibs and becoming more defensive in all honesty.

Poor, poor result. Anyone else annoyed by the pundits constantly saying "wonderful"? Eh? What were they watching, the cheerleaders???

...oh, and Levein in blaming the referee shock!

If you play a 4-5-1, you must have an attack-minded centre mid. Unfortunately, we had Fletch and Brown sitting, neither getting forward to support. The time has come to drop Brown and give Dorrans his chance to take his berth, he's never been the same since leaving Hibs and becoming more defensive in all honesty.

Poor, poor result. Anyone else annoyed by the pundits constantly saying "wonderful"? Eh? What were they watching, the cheerleaders???

...oh, and Levein in blaming the referee shock!

Well tbf the ref was pish :S

I don't think we can blame the ref. Yeh he did stop the flow but there not that great a team, I'd have easily had this at 2/3-0 to Scotland before the game, sadly not to be. Dorrans for a chance for sure. I'm not keen on James Morrison if I'm honest.

Well tbf the ref was pish :S

We can't just blame the ref for our poor performance though!!! He was ok I thought, but Levein is well-known for blaming the officials when things don't go his way.

I feel like were a collection of grumpy Scotsmen proving our stereotype of being angry :( haha!

I don't think we can blame the ref. Yeh he did stop the flow but there not that great a team, I'd have easily had this at 2/3-0 to Scotland before the game, sadly not to be. Dorrans for a chance for sure. I'm not keen on James Morrison if I'm honest.

I'm not blaming him, just understanding Leveins point of view

But it's not his point of view, it's his tried and tested excuse for failure. It doesn't matter if the ref should have been slightly better, we should still have taken the three points regardless. Miller's header and Naismith failing to shoot when found in space are making me wince just thinking about them!

I understand it too. But I think it's easy to point the finger at him rather than the performance of the team, don't you think?

we will surely beat lechtenstein though?

Over all that Ref was a good one because tbh we have had so many bad ones over the years , ones who have always ALWAYS fell for reptiles diving to win free-kicks :mad:
Scotland wasted a game in which we should have won. Walter played the likes of a 4-5-1 against teams who if we had opened up to ... we would have been slaughtered ... this was Lithuania, a decent honest side but in all honesty Scotland SHOULD be beating sides like this( as we did do with Walter in charge and on their home patch)
4-5-1 as most of you FM guys will already know is a formation which you will deply against a team you expect to be beaten by (mind you if against a Really good side maybe even more defensive depending on players available)
Against this particular team we should have played 4-4-2 at a high tempo with wingers able to get in behind their defence which in all honesty wasn't too great.
I had high hopes before this game that this manager would have taken us forward ... I now fear the worst again and shouldn't ... given the guys which he could pick.
I support The Rangers .... but no bloomin way Lee McCulloch should be in a Scotland jersey, no way and having the likes of Hartley in the squad ... that smacks of desperation.

That Scotland side were sent out to be hard to beat ... when it should have been sent out to Win, full stop.

Last edited: