Scotland Vs. Spain Thread

Reaction score
sc25.gif
Spain_Shirt_Badge_2008-logo-9E7AC6EFE3-seeklogo.com.gif

Scotland, the nation that always came close. The country of Epic Failures. As if failure isn't enough, Scotland have to go a step further. We draw with a ridiculously bad Lithuania, narrowly defeat a country who have only one six games, and then lose to a Czech team who are a pale imitation of their former selves. Yet, we lose 1-0 to future world cup finalists Holland, beat the then reigning world cup finalists France home and away, and come within a minute of Euro 2008 qualification.

So, i will be celebrating a famous win, hopefully. Decent logic suggests 4 or 5 goals for Spain. But maybe, just maybe, Scotland can record another great upset. The country shouldn't be looking for problems with the team, in the wake of some awful form. No, we're not good enough for that anymore. We should be saying "oops, let's get on with it, and we can do this!"

Because it is that stubborn belief that Scotland can do anything that made this country what we are, jealous of England and the best people in the world. If Scotland had everything England had, the world would have a lot more positive outlook on everything. I read an article the other day, it said this outlook is what makes elderly Scots so depressed, because they believed and hoped things would be better than this.

But this is the that forgot about cynicism and new we could do anything. So, let's get that spirit back and believe we can do it.

Scotland team to play Spain: McGregor, Bardsley, McManus, Weir, Whittaker, McCulloch, Fletcher, Morrison, Dorrans, Naismith, Miller

Come on Scotland, tonight can be our night!

I will be writing a match report on it, will be posting up here if you don't mind :)

If Scotland had everything England had, the world would have a lot more positive outlook on everything

Everything would also be deep-fried. :p

I really can't see past a win for Spain. Scotland will sit deep, but a bit of individual magic from one of the Spaniards will see them going 1-0 up, Scotland will begin to press and leave gaps and then it's the beginning of the end. 3-0 Spain.

I should have a lot of typing to do about Spain :(

Scotland 0-2 Spain.

1 bit of magic, then a wonderful counter attack.

Trying to stay positive. But being realistic, it's the World Champs. Are Scotland honestly going to cope with them. I doubt it.

I have no faith in Levein, and don't see why I should have to suffer another awful 90 mins like on Friday, so I'll be avidly supporting Montenegro instead. Either way, I'll plump for a 0-0 draw, as long as the monstrosity that is Gary Caldwell stays away from defence, and Miller plays.

Spain 4 - 0 Scotland.

If Scotland win, I'll *** you all.

But, I do want Scotland to win. :wub:

Last edited:
Realistic thinking tonight.. any result would be miraculous, Levein is being hated but would be worshipped if he got anything from this, this game, Scotland should go out there and play their best.. but this is realistically never going to happen unless we will witness one of football's greatest matches.

Tbh, those predicting 3+ goals, I can understand why they are, but it's quite unlikely because we will have 10 men and a dog behind the ball.

Ugh Chris Maguire. :mad: An epic one off. Like Kasabian said, no faith in Levein. I thought we could turn a corner with this man but, Meh, theres always the next guy they appoint I suppose. I'll be eagerly watching Montenegro.

Everything would also be deep-fried. :p

I really can't see past a win for Spain. Scotland will sit deep, but a bit of individual magic from one of the Spaniards will see them going 1-0 up, Scotland will begin to press and leave gaps and then it's the beginning of the end. 3-0 Spain.

Scotland probably won't even press or go forward after conceding a goal... Levein would most likely try and protect a 1-0 defeat :S

Let's hope I'm wrong though! My heart says 1-0 Scotland with someone scoring a McFadden-esque screamer but my head says 3-0 Spain.