Scotland Vs. Spain Thread

Capdevila blocked it on the line though, and he showed Whittaker how to block a shot

This pretty much. I don't see how anyone can be defending a hand ball in the penalty box. Cracked off his arm which wasn't anywhere near his torso. Penalty.

Give Mcmanus a rest , he scored the winner against lichenstein(sp) , he wasn't that bad apart from the mistake. What about wittaker's mistake for the 1st goal ?

There is a major difference to having your arms up over your head, trying to avoid getting them in the way of the ball and completely miss judging a cross. Let’s also remember that he was playing out of position, McManus was not.

Its defending one- o – one, bread and butter etc etc

For a professional footballer it’s pretty disgusting. The guy is terrible, a constant bomb scare and a threat against us. Christophe Berra should be playing with Weir, If Andy Webster or Danny Wilson start getting there game then they should also be in contention.

Steven McManus is far too much of a liability.

Come on, it was clearly a penalty.
And I think the yellow card was quite obvious too (blocking a shot on goal).

On BBC 2 England tonight aswell as BBC1 Scotland ! :)

going for 1-1

Come on Spain! Hoping for a goal from either Mata or Torres tonight ;)

might watch it on bbc1 scotland to get more bias commentary presuming its different commentators?
going for 2-0 spain though i'd like scotland to win

Come on Spain! Hoping for a goal from either Mata or Torres tonight ;)

Would say i joke about Torres but i dont want to as then he would no doubt score ;)

also Godcubed Bannan starts ;)

Last edited:
Spain: Valdes, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Silva, Santi Cazorla, Villa, Pedro. Subs: Casillas, Javi Martinez, Torres, Mata, Arbeloa, Llorente, Thiago.

Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Berra, Caldwell, Bardsley, Morrison, Fletcher, Adam, Bannan, Mackail-Smith, Naismith. Subs: Marshall, Whittaker, Cowie, Robson, Forrest, Goodwillie, McManus.

Referee: Stefan Johannesson (Sweden)

Spain: Valdes, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Jordi Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Silva, Santi Cazorla, Villa, Pedro. Subs: Casillas, Javi Martinez, Torres, Mata, Arbeloa, Llorente, Thiago.

Scotland: McGregor, Hutton, Berra, Caldwell, Bardsley, Morrison, Fletcher, Adam, Bannan, Mackail-Smith, Naismith. Subs: Marshall, Whittaker, Cowie, Robson, Forrest, Goodwillie, McManus.

Referee: Stefan Johannesson (Sweden)

Ah, Spain's second team's playing. Lawls.

Going for a 4-0 Spain win. Fully expect Scotland to be ripped apart. Simply because of Spains quality

Funny thing is that Spain #3 keeper is the Barca #1 !

If Charlie Adam is the new Xabi Alonso, then I'm David Brent.

Missed the first 2 goal because training, but David Villa's goal was typical Spainish football.

David Goodwillie just missed a sitter :( Mackail-Smith was standing ready for an open goal :'(