Scott Parker - I'm sure dad was looking down.

• Thread starter Thread starter smogfart
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2K
An outstanding example of a footballer. Gives 100% all the time, and is a quality player and person to boot.

I have yet to find someone who doesn't like Scott Parker. Rightly, too.

Used to resent him a bit for basically costing us Champions League, but I've long since got over that. He's a fantastic player and a great professional, and I can see why he left us for Chelsea, even if it did knock his career back.

Wish he had stayed with us longer though, for both our sakes. Had he stayed until the end of the season, I'm 85% sure we would have finished in the top 4. Then he might have stayed and probably would have become an England regular.

He should have been picked for the first team a while ago IMO, and he should be captain against Ghana. If he carries on, he might finally get the run in the team he has deserved for many years. Good luck to him.

EDIT: I'll never forget our game vs Southampton where he scored our 2 goals. Two wonder goals from outside the area, which got us back in the game. In front of Sven too. Also the match against Chelsea at the valley. (More or less the reason they signed him) Where he drove us forward and was the best player on the pitch by a mile.

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

YouTube - Saints 3 Charlton 2 03/04

2:00-2:30 is Parker's goals

Last edited:
Back