Scottish Cup Thread

pistolped7

Reaction score
Well, the tournament is into the fifth round now, and the draw is on Tuesday.

Scottish Cup 5th Round Draw

Rangers V Celtic

Aberdeen V Montrose or Dunfermline
Inverness CT V Greenock Morton or Airdrie
Hamilton V Dundee Utd or Ross County
Stenhousemuir/Threave or Stranraer V Motherwell
East Stirling or Buckie Thistle V Queen of the south or Brechin
Hibernian or Ayr V St Mirren or Peterhead
Hearts or St Johnstone V Falkirk or Partick Thistle

The Old firm have been drawn in the 5th Round at Ibrox. Last time the Old firm met in the cup was at Celtic Park with Celtic winning.

----------​

Last edited:
A win's a win but we should be winning by a bigger margin against teams like Berwick. :/

Motherwell destroyed Dundee today
i canni believe Stenny and Threave still havent played yet.I saw the first game v them ages ago

A win's a win but we should be winning by a bigger margin against teams like Berwick. :/

Agreed although the conditions don't really suit our style of play. A bit worried about the forward line if Sammy is injured :S

Shame about Celtic winning, I put 50p on Berwick to win 2-1 at odds of 80/1 during half-time :p

Should've beaten Berwick by even more, but I'm not gonna complain. Ross County is still recent memory.

So what I want to know is should berwick have had a penalty in the first 5 minutes ?

Not having a dig btw, Just got told it but haven't seen the game at all.

So what I want to know is should berwick have had a penalty in the first 5 minutes ?

Not having a dig btw, Just got told it but haven't seen the game at all.

watched it on sportscene and yes it could have been given on another day

watched it on sportscene and yes it could have been given on another day

No chance, Mulgrew didn't do anything,, got between the guy and the ball and he went over. Never a penalty.

No problem mate hopefully i'll get to see it myself anyway was just wondering though because I got told it was. Im sure if they scored early you would have probably battered them even more anyway tbh although the track record of small teams recently don't go for you's. Thats the second time lennons beat a rangers eh :p

Tried to find the penalty claim and some of the things on a Rangers fan site is pathetic.

Anyway, on to the actual penalty claim and to be honest, it should've been a penalty. He was shoved down without even touching the ball. Disappointing.

No problem mate hopefully i'll get to see it myself anyway was just wondering though because I got told it was. Im sure if they scored early you would have probably battered them even more anyway tbh although the track record of small teams recently don't go for you's. Thats the second time lennons beat a rangers eh :p

Yeah, got a friendly against QPR next weekend.

Rangers V Celtic :D

Hearts or St Johnstone V Falkirk or Partick Thistle​

The Old firm have been drawn in the 5th Round at Ibrox. Last time the Old firm met in the cup was at Celtic Park with Celtic winning.

Rangers V Celtic :D

Hearts or St Johnstone V Falkirk or Partick Thistle​

Well **** me this should be fun. Both sides of the OF have won once [Rangers 3-1, Celtic 2-0] so hopefully it's a good match. :)

Yeah mate what a draw, Cannot wait I was at the game last night in the empty stadium! hopefully can get tickets for this one now.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Does anyone know when the game is to be played ?, I've heard 6th of feb not sure if thats too soon though.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I beleive it is Sunday the 6th of February game will be played most likely 12:30 KO, 2 Old firms in 3 weeks as we Play in the league on the 20th of Feb. Great month is February.