Sorry, not as good as genie! I believe this **** gives you wrong information too!!

How so?

any evidence to back up something which is a quite severe accusation?

Or did you just make it up?

How so?

For example, scoutmeister says a player got a PA of 180 so I say i'll get him, when i do get him and i look at the scouting report the dude only got 1 star potential wtf!! Far cry from the 180 PA dont you think?

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

How so?

And dude this is not an accusation, its an opinion! May be wrong may be right.

works ok for me. Just one small "issue"
I cant find my best player on Scoutmeister. He is regen. I tried everything ( name, position, PA, CA) and I cant find him. Ah well, I like your program :wub:

For example, scoutmeister says a player got a PA of 180 so I say i'll get him, when i do get him and i look at the scouting report the dude only got 1 star potential wtf!! Far cry from the 180 PA dont you think?

May I know what type of scouts are you using? Is the scouts rating good? Does he have good mental stats? Did you scout the player just once or over a long period of time?

Point is, star ratings can drastically change. Numbers, in this case the PA, is hard coded and will never change for whatever reason.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

Just post screenshots of what you are claiming so that we can see for ourselves. No one else seems to be having that sort of problem except you. I've used Scoutmeister and it's working perfectly fine, giving correct infomation i.e.

Sorry, not as good as genie! I believe this **** gives you wrong information too!!
So are you saying that genie gives a different PA for the same player? I 've been using both for some time now and haven't noticed any discrepancies whatsoever. And to call an effort such as this "this ****" shows a lot about you.
Also, to claim that the program gives wrong info IS an accusation NOT an opinion, if you don't know the meaning of the latter just look it up under "everybody's got one".

free players won't show up? :\

EDIT:
some, not all. for instance, lampard is on a free in genie, yet nowhere to be found in scoutmeister. odd.

Last edited:
I have been using this quite abit over the past week or so and must say it is an excellant tool but I suggest you run it along side genie scout. The only slight problem I have found with it is if you search for defensive midfielders it brings up central defenders.

Wow, I didn't even realize that there was one optimal way to setup each player. As in fabregas is best with deep lying playmaker set as support and everything else is not quite as good. Very interesting and great tool.

I downloaded this purely to check one player and one player only. I'm doing a save with Inter and got a brilliant regen striker through my academy called Camillo Pacifico. I wanted to check was the PA was to see if he could live up to his brilliant starting stats. Seems he will be a cool player for me to have now.

Out of curisoity I checked Messi to see what his stats are, I couldn't find him in the tool. Even searching for Barcelona he isnt there either, yet he still plays for them in my save.

Question.

When we're looking for the absolute best performance in a certain position. Which is the stat we should look at: Potential Ability or Rating (where it lists the role and duty and gives the number)?

Also, is the role and duty that the program gives absolutely the optimal way to play the certain player?

For example, for Iniesta it lists Advanced Playmaker (attack) (92). Would that mean playing him as an inside forward would be less effective?

Sweet program, though. But there are some players that have the chinese names that don't automatically switch over to english like you can with genie scout.

Getting an "Unhandled Exception" error when loading a new game on v.3

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.MemoryStream.InternalReadInt32()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
at Scoutmeister.HumanData..ctor(BinaryReader reader)
at Scoutmeister.Person..ctor(BinaryReader reader)
at Scoutmeister.GameData.Read(Byte[] data, String langDBPath)
at Scoutmeister.MainForm.LoadSave(String path)
at Scoutmeister.MainForm.loadToolStripMenuItem1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Scoutmeister
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Tom/Scoutmeister.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

-----

Able to load this save fine on Genie Scout.

Is there anything I can do or is this an issue with the new update?

Scoutmeister doesn't work with last patch of FM. I've tried to download my savegame, but give me an error "Unhandled Exception" error when loading a new game on v.3. This is only beta, when the definitive version?

also people btw No Backwards compatibility yet so only works on games started in 11.3

Last edited:
Should be shipping out a new version soon-ish.
Lots of love to Dunc! (and Brian)

Hey gentlemen, I've been getting the unhandled exception error that a couple of others have experienced. I used the original version on my old computer briefly with no problems but can't seem to get round the error on my new one with the new version. I get the error with all my own save games, and downloaded ones. I can upload one of them if it would help?

Faster, no-frills without any unnecessary bloat.