Taral

Reaction score
Playing FM 2012 I noticed something strange - many Man Utd players seem underrated in the game, not only because of PA, but also normal (let's say basic/starting) stats. I mean not all of them (for example I think Jonny Evans is overrated - at least with PA) but (I'll even risk saying) most are.

What do you think about this?

PS Maybe there will be created a group of FM-Base experts, which will make a great CA/PA patch (not only for Man United of course)? ;)

the only ones IMO that are underrated IMO are Macheda and Lindergaard but other than that it seems normal, Welbeck and cleverly look underrated but you get so much from them and they have 3 star P/A which is still good, i got 20 goals from welbeck and 7.24 average rating for cleverly, say which other ones you think are underrated and i'll look at them

No there not. SI have thousands of researchers and they take into account form over the past 3 seasons.
The reason FM is so popular is because of how accurate it is.

Man United are one of the top teams in the game just like real life. If you give them more CA/PA they would be better than Barcelona which wouldnt be very realistic would it?

Ashley Young's PA of 165 is a joke, I would have him in the high 170's, especially if Bale is 180.

Ashley Young's PA of 165 is a joke, I would have him in the high 170's, especially if Bale is 180.

But Young is older than bale and a player generally doesnt improve once they hit their mid 20s. Where as Bale is a few years younger and so allows him to have more PA.

No there not. SI have thousands of researchers and they take into account form over the past 3 seasons.

Man United are one of the top teams in the game just like real life. If you give them more CA/PA they would be better than Barcelona which wouldnt be very realistic would it?
Mark Muniesa, Batra ( sp) and Dos Santos all have -9. What did they do to deserve such PA ? Welbeck who played really good last year, and whos in very good form this year has 160 ( I think ) ? United is underrated in every game, not just FM. Just look at PES ( Hernandez e.g). Messi has 199PA. Mental. Is he that much better than Xavi ( 185 ?) and Ronaldo ( 193 ? )? SI is accurate with most of the players, but with likes of Welbeck, Cleverley, Wilshere, Pogba (his CA), no, just no.

the only players who look low are Young (slightly) Cleverley (creativity, concentrations and decisons) and Welbeck (about 14 points too low across the board)

Last edited:

new players havent been touched though, so they will be re rated. cant see too much wrong apart from Cleverley and Welbeck mind

the only players who look low are Young (slightly) Cleverley (creativity, concentrations and decisons) and Welbeck ( about 14 pionts too low across the board

I'd give Nani higher than 17 dribbling as well.

Young has a bit too low CA. Rooney is not good enough (in my opinion; also he has not much PA left to develop).

Also, could someone tell me how is Morrison developing? 'Cause in FM 2011 he didn't develop at all...

Thing with Welbeck and Cleverly is that I doubt many people thought they would do as well as they have so far. Also they have only been playing this well for the start of this season. They need to show this form over an entire season to really earn a CA/PA increase

Thing with Welbeck and Cleverly is that I doubt many people thought they would do as well as they have so far. Also they have only been playing this well for the start of this season. They need to show this form over an entire season to really earn a CA/PA increase

Cleverley surely deserves higher than 10 creativity though? :(

Cleverley has scored a goal for me from past the half way line though, beast.

Welbeck will get it from last season too. Cleverley is wrong since intelligence is the strong point of his game 10, 10, 9 in the three stats i said before doesnt reflect that. it makes him less intelligent football wise than nani...

Cleverley surely deserves higher than 10 creativity though? :(

Cleverley has scored a goal for me from past the half way line though, beast.

Welbeck will get it from last season too. Cleverley is wrong since intelligence is the strong point of his game 10, 10, 9 in the three stats i said before doesnt reflect that. it makes him less intelligent football wise than nani...

Suppose if enough people complain then there will be edits in the first patch. But I was just offering a possible explanation as to why their stats are not as high as they could/should be

United fan is probably doing the research but he will have strict guidelines so maybe in his opinion he sees other players staking better claims for the higher CA spots. Cleverly isnt rated highly because he played for united for around 1 month before the data lock for researchers and his stats were probably based on his loans to the championship etc. Young probably hasnt been touched since his move from villa

United fan is probably doing the research but he will have strict guidelines so maybe in his opinion he sees other players staking better claims for the higher CA spots. Cleverly isnt rated highly because he played for united for around 1 month before the data lock for researchers and his stats were probably based on his loans to the championship etc. Young probably hasnt been touched since his move from villa

exactly this.

Data lock happened sometime before demo release. and they never change the new signings

Suppose if enough people complain then there will be edits in the first patch. But I was just offering a possible explanation as to why their stats are not as high as they could/should be

im not saying they got it wrong, its simpl because of the data lock. But assuming it could be changed right now, that's where it should be done.

exactly this.

Data lock happened sometime before demo release. and they never change the new signings

For example with Shelbourne there was players that only played like once all season until the last few weeks so some of their attributes are wrong but i cant do anything to fix it at the moment. Anyway Hernandez is supposedly rapey so no need for anyone else.

For example with Shelbourne there was players that only played like once all season until the last few weeks so some of their attributes are wrong but i cant do anything to fix it at the moment. Anyway Hernandez is supposedly rapey so no need for anyone else.

Hernandez always was rapey. (H)