So FM isn't the most accurate game, is it? ;)

I mean - okay, data lock, but the game was released and it should be developer's responsibility to update it, so it would be more (or most) realistic. People are paying a lot of money to play this game and to play it at it's best. It's a disgrace that every year it is accurate (at least in some way) since the winter patch. Maybe they should move the release a little bit and provide the best product available? oO)

I mean - okay, data lock, but the game was released and it should be developer's responsibility to update it, so it would be more (or most) realistic. People are paying a lot of money to play this game and to play it at it's best. It's a disgrace that every year it is accurate (at least in some way) since the winter patch. Maybe they should move the release a little bit and provide the best product available? oO)

Err, yes it is.

It's better for them to release at the optimum time for them, and then patch inaccuracies later. I'd rather it that way as well.

If you wanted the data to be perfect the game would never be released

No there not. SI have thousands of researchers and they take into account form over the past 3 seasons.
The reason FM is so popular is because of how accurate it is.

Man United are one of the top teams in the game just like real life. If you give them more CA/PA they would be better than Barcelona which wouldnt be very realistic would it?

I hear this flung around a lot but SI researchers aren't always perfect and it's not like they are some kind of god researchers who can just see every attribute just by looking at the players play. They do a great job, but they can overrate and underrate like the rest of us.
I mean, Ramsey ONLY player with -10 PA. Götze and Wilshere will be better than him on average, but it's still way too high. I don't care if they have some kind of injury policy, he's just not that good

Last edited:
I hear this flung around a lot but SI researchers aren't always perfect and it's not like they are some kind of god researchers who can just see every attribute just by looking at the players play. They do a great job, but they can overrate and underrate like the rest of us.
I mean, Ramsey ONLY player with -10 PA. Götze and Wilshere will be better than him on average, but it's still way too high. I don't care if they have some kind of injury policy, he's just not that good

Its impossible for anyone to get every attribute completely "right" as there is no "right" answer. Its all opinion but researchers have to be as impartial as possible and do their best. Its all that can be gotten and indeed expected. Maybe one day a computer will remove the need for opinion and the game will be perfect but opinions will be invalid

Young has a bit too low CA. Rooney is not good enough (in my opinion; also he has not much PA left to develop).

Also, could someone tell me how is Morrison developing? 'Cause in FM 2011 he didn't develop at all...
In FM11 he had 7 ambition ( key attribute in developing). On my last say he had 180PA ( max) and 165ish CA.

Its impossible for anyone to get every attribute completely "right" as there is no "right" answer. Its all opinion but researchers have to be as impartial as possible and do their best. Its all that can be gotten and indeed expected. Maybe one day a computer will remove the need for opinion and the game will be perfect but opinions will be invalid
Yes, but quite a few people seem to have the mindset that SI's opinions are irrefutable and that anyone who disagrees has the wrong opinion. Anyway, it's not actually all opinion as there are stats to go by.

Try and play with the players in the ME first and see if they play like their real life counterparts before crying.

Young has a bit too low CA. Rooney is not good enough (in my opinion; also he has not much PA left to develop).

Also, could someone tell me how is Morrison developing? 'Cause in FM 2011 he didn't develop at all...

No. Rooney is god-like. He bangs goals like crazy. Hernandez too. anyway my Man Utd team is unbeaten in 27 games right now.
24w 3D 0L

Ramsey hasnt been touched in ages because of injury. SI dont change players out through long periods

Yes, but quite a few people seem to have the mindset that SI's opinions are irrefutable and that anyone who disagrees has the wrong opinion. Anyway, it's not actually all opinion as there are stats to go by.

No not irrefutable, but miles ahead of 99% of people. i spend time reading some of the suggestions that come up on this forum and frankly the vast majority are laughable. Given than pretty much no one outside of researchers has the guidelines by which they work, i would take a researchers word over anyones elses every day. Especially when most people dont even back their claims using said stats

I would say that most of the CAs are probably fair with a few exceptions (like Pogba) but PAs of the likes of Cleverley. Welbeck, Macheda, Tunnicliffe etc are a bit on the low side.

Out of curiosity, what would people consider realistic CA/PAs?

Cleverly and Welbeck are a little low but it's been said there is a cut off date, if they continue playing like they have, we will certainly see some increases in later patches. Also I won a EPL and CL double in my second season beating Barcelona and Man City on the way to the CL (I brought in Hulk and Hamsik, only 2 notable siginings) and my Key players were Rooney, Carrick and Vidic. United are certainly not lacking for strength imo and they would'nt be the only team "underrated" but the guys providing details on them would have to try there best not to overrate players.

United as a team aren't that special in real life, they just have a very good manager holding them together- just my opinion.

I would say that United are special in every area except RB and CM. I agree that the players are underated, particularly Ashley Young. Rooney is really good for me so I have no complaints.

How in all **** is Rooney underrated? He's a freaking god in that game.

Young hasn't been touched, and rightly so. He's no or little better than he was at Villa, he's just performing better due to the far superior quality of team. No player has that massive jump in the quality of his performances in such a short space of time through personal improvement alone. He's had a good run so far, but we can only assume that is form until he keeps it up throughout the whole season.

United fans have very, VERY little reason to complain. Nobody in their squad deserves an increase based on SI's guidelines. Cleverley perhaps, but when they rated him it was based on a loan spell at Wigan and Championship clubs where he played as a winger, rather than the intelligent deep-passing role we see today. Everything SI does is completely logical: I raged a bit about Villa stats before I read what the researcher had to say for himself. Doesn't mean I'm happy with Bannan's attributes, but it does mean that if he continues playing well he will get upgraded, which is fair enough.

tl;dr stop ********.

How in all **** is Rooney underrated? He's a freaking god in that game.

Young hasn't been touched, and rightly so. He's no or little better than he was at Villa, he's just performing better due to the far superior quality of team. No player has that massive jump in the quality of his performances in such a short space of time through personal improvement alone. He's had a good run so far, but we can only assume that is form until he keeps it up throughout the whole season.

United fans have very, VERY little reason to complain. Nobody in their squad deserves an increase based on SI's guidelines. Cleverley perhaps, but when they rated him it was based on a loan spell at Wigan and Championship clubs where he played as a winger, rather than the intelligent deep-passing role we see today. Everything SI does is completely logical: I raged a bit about Villa stats before I read what the researcher had to say for himself. Doesn't mean I'm happy with Bannan's attributes, but it does mean that if he continues playing well he will get upgraded, which is fair enough.

tl;dr stop ********.

You had a right whinge about villa on FB though

but yeah before cut off they got it bang on

Let's be honest, this is by far the worst united team for 20 years. Rooney is the only world class player they've got. People keep banging on about Welbeck and Cleverley but they've done **** all so far to show me they should be rated any higher than they are. This has got to be young kids going on about this cos nobody over the age of 26 could possibly think this united side is any good.