Sebastien Squillaci joins Arsenal

Clarkey101

Legend in the making
Reaction score
Sevilla's French defender Sebastien Squillaci will have a medical at Arsenal tomorrow after the two clubs agreed a fee for the 30 year-old. The player has also agreed contract terms with Arsenal, and will join on a 3 year contract.

What do we think, Gooners? Good signing?

Transfer Confirmed

Last edited by a moderator:
Im a lpool fan yet squillaci is a good signing.. but not world class he will cover well .. but with him and koscielny youve got two good solid cb's but not world class :)

Good signing for ****, wonder what Koscielny thinks of this.

Get in, french international, experienced, proven Champions League, and completes our defensive options.

Now all we need is a goalie.

Very good signing I reckon. Arsenal are in need of experience at the back and Sebastien provides it. It obviously depends how he adjusts to England and the Premier League but I've always liked him. Anyone know the fee?

Very good signing I reckon. Arsenal are in need of experience at the back and Sebastien provides it. It obviously depends how he adjusts to England and the Premier League but I've always liked him. Anyone know the fee?

They wanted around 6m I think. Don't know if we payed that though.

Get in, french international, experienced, proven Champions League, and completes our defensive options.

Now all we need is a goalie.

Looks like the Schwarzer deal may be off. According to a few various sources, Fulham carried out a fitness test on him and informed Arsenal that he wouldn't pass a medical. Basically saying to not waste their time putting in another bid.

TalkSHITE reporting a fee of £5.8m.

good signing i think for us
gives us some more options at the back

im my eyes he is better than kocielny and will be a decent signing. the only thing that i got against this is erm what Nationality is the bloke???? Oh well of corse it is Wenger.