Sebastien Squillaci joins Arsenal

Good signing.
Think Wenger will rotate TV, Kos, Djourou and this fella, because we don't really want TV having to play 50-odd games again, we need to keep everyone as fresh as possible for the the last 2 months of the season.

Also, with Song the gives us 5 decent CB's..... and only one is over 30 :D And an even bigger plus is that one isn't Silvestre :p

im my eyes he is better than kocielny and will be a decent signing. the only thing that i got against this is erm what Nationality is the bloke???? Oh well of corse it is Wenger.

Why must one troll all the time? What do you get from it?

Why must one troll all the time? What do you get from it?
To be fair he's making an honest comment on Arsene Wenger's policy of bringing in foreigners (mainly french) into the ENGLISH premier league, instead of looking at English talent (even if there isn't a huge amount of english talent available)

Most English talent is over rated and over priced
most managers seem to be able to buy 'british talent'. Could Wenger not have splashed out on someone like richard dunne when he became available from City and he had a cracking season at villa

There's very few English players out there with the precise talent to fit into the Arsenal fold.

most managers seem to be able to buy 'british talent'. Could Wenger not have splashed out on someone like richard dunne when he became available from City and he had a cracking season at villa

Why buy a worse english player for more money?

Finally! Another CB, I was starting to think we were going to begin the season with three.

Good signing, not my first choice but Wenger knows best.

Most English talent is over rated and over priced

So true. Milner cost Man City more by himself than Özil AND Khadira cost Real Madrid. Says it all. The English market is inflated for some reason.

sorry im baffled why some people are having a pop at wenger for buying a high experienced enforcer for 6.5 million, rememebr hes buying for europe as well and squillaci has plenty of european football experience. name me another defender better than that for 6.5 million?

sorry im baffled why some people are having a pop at wenger for buying a high experienced enforcer for 6.5 million, rememebr hes buying for europe as well and squillaci has plenty of european football experience. name me another defender better than that for 6.5 million?

This.
The only thing i don't understand is that Wenger only ever gives 30+ year olds 1 year contracts, is this a major change in policy? I haven't seen much of him, but i'm sure, as always it will be a good signing, but we still desperately need a new keeper, or we're buggered - Almunia and Flapianski are simply not good enough.

This.
The only thing i don't understand is that Wenger only ever gives 30+ year olds 1 year contracts, is this a major change in policy?

Presumably Squillaci wouldn't have accepted a 1 year contract.

it's better for arsenal that they offer Gallas new contract

To be fair he's making an honest comment on Arsene Wenger's policy of bringing in foreigners (mainly french) into the ENGLISH premier league, instead of looking at English talent (even if there isn't a huge amount of english talent available)

if it wasn't for man city
we would have got a English striker

Good signing for us, can give us some much needed variety in defence seeing as it is very likely that one or two of our defenders will get injured at some point.

will provide cover for the backline and most importantly experience,bought I guess in the light of Gallas's departure

Squillaci Deal Done

Arsenal have comfired the deal to sign French centre back Sebastien Squillaci from Spanish giants Sevilla.

Arsenal.com haven't confirmed it yet, will post the link when they do :)