Semis And Final

Most ridiculous and common-senseless red card given by a refereee I have seen for ages.

Even if he did think it was a foul, a yellow card would of been sensible.

oh well got say manu deserved it well done! we didn`t even show up again shame wanted a good game shame hopefully barca can win it! shame about fletcher if it had been us going through and 1 of ours was out for that kinder red card i`d be gutted for them! 1 thing i will say the same ref should have had both legs! first he gave everything uniteds way! still think it was a pen but shouldn`t had got a red!
please god dont let chelski get through! that was by far the worst final ever last year!

Last edited:
good to see loads of responses

what a game that was and how about ronaldos free kick harsh on fletcher was a great tackle and now he misses the final must be his worst nightmare

Another great goal by Ronaldo...****. The game was ruined (for me) as soon as Park scored but it was a fantastic result for Man U.

Hoping for a Barca win tonight and a great final to look fw to.

Man last night was brilliant. We were great and our third goal was the definition of counter-attack. Ronaldo was really good, however our best player will miss the final because of a shocker of a decision. The ref blatantly wanted to get some attention, did you see how he rushed to get his red card out? Hopefully there will be more finals for Fletch beacuse if one player deserves to play in it its him.

I think I want Barca in the final, the two best teams in the world.

Oh and Gunner---you've gota admit Milan-Juve in 2003 was worse! At least last year had goals, a sending off, stunning saves etc!

its hard to write united off for anything this season, they are one of the best teams ive ever seen and they barely look like losing a match - that little patch aside which i think we all agree was a shock - but they just look so dangerous all the time

heartbrake for Fletcher to miss the final when he got the ball, although he was tugging Fabs shirt before he got the ball, wasn't a pen, ref was useless! on Uniteds side in 1st half then Arsenals in the 2nd. Hoping for Chelsea to win tonite, don't want a repeat of that boring semie final, Man U - Barca encounter last year.

Arsenal showed just why they have 'struggled' recently last night. They play some gorgeous stuff but go absolutely nowhere with it.

My missus is a Chelsea supporter, so I'm postponing hostilities for the plastic fans with their plastic fans in the hope they go through. I don't think Barca would beat the Mancs in the final - they counterattack too well and those Barca fullbacks are dodgy as **** defending which also adds to my hopes that Chelsea go through as I reckon Chelsea could beat the Mancs. The last thing I want is Taggart equalling the records of people like Paisley and Clough with back to back European cups. ;)

An odd little stat (I think it's true...) but the team which beats the team which knocks Real Madrid out of the CL has won the trophy every time since Real Madrid last won the thing. Might be some hope for Chelsea then...

Tbh Ferguson is already up there with those, and it wont be unfair to say he's better if we win it this year.

Interesting stat, but there were also stats like Porto had never lost at home in the CL, Arsenal had never lost at the Emirates in the CL, the team who is home second usually goes through etc etc :D.

Arsenal weren't even that pretty I don't think...we outplayed them both times and they went quite long ball to Togo who looked like he didn't care.

Would also like people to note Ronaldo's performance, and the noobs who say he never delivers on the big stage. Btw Gibbs must be gutted-that slip but he also got subbed! Did he get a knock, or reckon he was distraught? Cos he didn't do too bad apart from that.

What did I say about dodgy fullbacks and Barca? Every single time the ball goes down the channels, Chelsea are in. Pretty football is a means to an end not an end to itself so trying to pass through the middle of 4-2-3-1 of decent players is just dumb heh. Excuse me while I kill myself laughing at Martin Tyler's Monkey's assertion that Alves is 'one of the world's greatest fullbacks'. He really does watch a different game.

Ronaldo has been in decent but patchy form. He's still not proved that he's capable of taking a game by the scruff of its neck (Best in the European Cup for Busby, Keane for Ferguson etc) when his team is playing poorly. His good games only ever come when the rest of the team is playing well - if they're playing poorly, he vanishes into the back pocket of the nearest decent fullback. I'm sure he is capable of a truly outstanding game but I think it will come much later in his career and probably not at Manchester United due to the way Ferguson allows him to avoid defensive work even if that is clearly not working (eg vs Liverpool this season).

Iniestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thank god for that!!! can`t wait for the final now! barca all the way!(H)

Iniestaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Great finish, but my god that referee was absolutely shocking and robbed Chelsea. It was like the good old days of playing Italian teams...