Serie A thread 2012/2013

Serie A 2012-2013 Winners

• Total voters
Its not like any coach can lead Milan with this team. I feel pitty for Milan. They need at least one forward and 1 CB if they want to do something this season.

Yeap need several new players, but there are still good things in Milan especially the younger players taking some responsibility like El Shaarawy and De Sciglio. Also in couple of years Mastour will be in first team. He looks like real prospect.

Also Mbiwa has said that he will likely join Milan when his contract ends so he will be massive update on Bonera/Mexes.

Will be tough to get to top 3 this season, but Arsenal were in kind of same situation last season ( Although with better team ) and managed it so it's not impossible.

El Sharawey (sp?) saves Alegri's head while turning on 20.
Fiorentina smashes the undisciplined Lazio. A match with an extremely poor refering.
Napoli takes Chievo with 1-0. I have not watched Napoli for awhile, but people said Cavani is on poor form.
Juventus "steals" 3 points from Catania. The Catania fans shout "thiefs" to Juventus players at the end of the game. Lots of comentaries and videos about the goal in this game. Catania also have a goal dissalowed.
Roma starts with 2-0 in home and loses 2-3. Very poor refering in this game again. All of the 3 Udinese goals were ... doubtious and according to me the penalty given to Udinese at 86th minute was a dive.

All in all, a bad refering in the most games. Lots of speculations and commnets. The good point is that Inter seems to be back on track.

El Sharawey (sp?) saves Alegri's head while turning on 20.
Fiorentina smashes the undisciplined Lazio. A match with an extremely poor refering.
Napoli takes Chievo with 1-0. I have not watched Napoli for awhile, but people said Cavani is on poor form.
Juventus "steals" 3 points from Catania. The Catania fans shout "thiefs" to Juventus players at the end of the game. Lots of comentaries and videos about the goal in this game. Catania also have a goal dissalowed.
Roma starts with 2-0 in home and loses 2-3. Very poor refering in this game again. All of the 3 Udinese goals were ... doubtious and according to me the penalty given to Udinese at 86th minute was a dive.

All in all, a bad refering in the most games. Lots of speculations and commnets. The good point is that Inter seems to be back on track.

That Juve game was shocking. Catania's goal disallowed while it was onside and Juve's offside goal stood.

El Shaarawy on his way becoming Serie A young player of the year already. Not only his attacking play is good, but he works hard defensively.

I am also impressed by Florenzi in the start of this season when we are speaking about a young player Not only he is a great and a technical runner but his work rate is amazing. I havent seen a Roma player run so much since De Rossi was 20-24 years old.

I ve watched also Fiorentina and Lazio + Roma and Udinese games. The refering was very poor, mate. So I would not blame Juve for what happend in their game with Catania. As a Roma fan I have to say that in the last year we lost at least 10 points, because of terrible referee desisions, and so far this season there are 2 or 3 points lost because of that. The club should stop their politic about not commenting the referees.

The good thing is that the Premier League was not much more different this week. Again the referees desided the derbies. I would say if this continues UEFA should change a bit the rules, allowing more free flowing game, giving penalties and yellow plus red cards harder. I am talking especially about dives in the penalty area and hand balls in there. I also dislike the fact that every referee has his own criteria about what is a penalty what is worthing a yellow card or a red card.

Also there should be strict rules about provocations. Yesterday in Roma vs Udinese match, one of the Udinese players delaied his sub with 3 minutes at least, provoking the whole team of Roma and making them super angry, which destroyed their flow. The player received only a yellow card and De Rossi and crew were about to hit him and get a red card. It would be way much easier if the Udine guy got red card and saved all this drama. Football is a game for men, not actors or diving balerinas and that comes from a guy that got a knee injury at the age of 15, which stopped me to continue playing the game.

Last edited:
I am also impressed by Florenzi in the start of this season when we are speaking about a young player Not only he is a great and a technical runner but his work rate is amazing. I havent seen a Roma player run so much since De Rossi was 20-24 years old.

I ve watched also Fiorentina and Lazio + Roma and Udinese games. The refering was very poor, mate. So I would not blame Juve for what happend in their game with Catania. As a Roma fan I have to say that in the last year we lost at least 10 points, because of terrible referee desisions, and so far this season there are 2 or 3 points lost because of that. The club should stop their politic about not commenting the referees.

The good thing is that the Premier League was not much more different this week. Again the referees desided the derbies. I would say if this continues UEFA should change a bit the rules, allowing more free flowing game, giving penalties and yellow plus red cards harder. I am talking especially about dives in the penalty area and hand balls in there. I also dislike the fact that every referee has his own criteria about what is a penalty what is worthing a yellow card or a red card.

Also there should be strict rules about provocations. Yesterday in Roma vs Udinese match, one of the Udinese players delaied his sub with 3 minutes at least, provoking the whole team of Roma and making them super angry, which destroyed their flow. The player received only a yellow card and De Rossi and crew were about to hit him and get a red card. It would be way much easier if the Udine guy got red card and saved all this drama. Football is a game for men, not actors or diving balerinas and that comes from a guy that got a knee injury at the age of 15, which stopped me to continue playing the game.

Same injury only one year younger.

I have watched lot less Serie A this season so far. Mainly only Milan matches as I try to focus bit more on my studies. Is Florenzi the player who took Bertolacci's place in Roma team and then Bertolacci was loaned to Genoa?

Yep, the same player. He does look amazing and motivated to play. This year Seria A look worse than the previous one.
Milan lost its beauty. Inter looks different. Napoli is weaker. Udine sold their players as usual. Roma and Lazio are the same old teams, although I like the way Roma plays. Only Montela's Fiorentina shows a good progress. I still have to watch Samp as they look promising.

Yep, the same player. He does look amazing and motivated to play. This year Seria A look worse than the previous one.
Milan lost its beauty. Inter looks different. Napoli is weaker. Udine sold their players as usual. Roma and Lazio are the same old teams, although I like the way Roma plays. Only Montela's Fiorentina shows a good progress. I still have to watch Samp as they look promising.

I fear for Fiorentina when they sell Jovetic. One of my favourite players and I hope he wont end at City or Chelsea.

He will probably end up there are Fiorentina are rivals with every top Italian team, so they are not going to sell it an Italian side. Spain will be a good move for him. Maby Atletico when they sell Falcao. And we know Atletico likes to spend for the next big names and then cash out in an insane way :) Jovetic is still young and can be cashed out for double his current price.

He will probably end up there are Fiorentina are rivals with every top Italian team, so they are not going to sell it an Italian side. Spain will be a good move for him. Maby Atletico when they sell Falcao. And we know Atletico likes to spend for the next big names and then cash out in an insane way :) Jovetic is still young and can be cashed out for double his current price.

They'd need to spend 25-30m on him and considering the money problems they are in it's unlikely. Eventhough Falcao might go for 40m or so they wont get all of the money.

If they sell both Adrian and Falcao then maybe, but otherwise I doubt it.

Very very unlikely, but I still hope Arsenal would go for him. Of English top clubs he'd be best fit with us.

While I love watching Italian football ( as well as all the other european leagues I can watch on sky and espn ) I must say that I think Serie A really is in a crisis in the sense that the crowd numbers are dropping year on year and nothing appears to being done to accommodate the current economic climate which is a major cause of the crowd issues. Then you factor in the corruption within the italian game and the loss of world class players such as Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva and Lavezzi all to what traditionally is a smaller league in Ligue 1. So really it is no wonder crowds are poor and as a knock on effect the amount of revenue coming in to Serie A is falling.

I am making a video on YouTube on my channel where I discuss the current situation in Serie A and how I would solve the current problems that are in this great league. I think its such a shame that a league of such standing within the game is in this mess at the moment and to be honest the solutions to some of the problems really don't require a genius to solve.

The video will be up in the next few days so if anyone would like to watch it and discuss your thoughts in the comments that would be amazing.

SportsGamingWorldHD - YouTube

Well actually I can speak for 2 teams - Juve and Roma. Both of the teams have increased their attendance by approximately 5-10k per home game. You can not judge Juve's home game in UCL against Schatar, because this was mid week, the price of the ticket was too high and there were more interesting matches for the Seria A fan where they could watch Juventus.

Roma has accounted an income of approximately 70 mil last year, by expanding their market in Asia, North and South America. Juventus are succesfully leading a politic of low salaries. This is why they can not buy Falcao, because they will destroy this politic and it may turn into second Zenit. They can spend the 40 milions, but they can not afford his salary.

Inter I think, I am not sure, are on the same route as Juventus, judging by the players they currently have. Last year they sold their most expensive pay roll player - Motta. Then they sold Maicon and get rid of Lucio. Same happend to Milan but too drastically and in combination with their owner's financial problems it turned into a disaster.

Udinese and Napoli are with a positive income too, because they were selling. Now tell me how many teams can say they are not spending on the market for players and can account a possitive income? Maby Barcolona and Real Madrid? I am really sure not a single top Premier League team (Man UTD maby?) is earning money right now. And unfortunately once the financial fair play rules comes, the penalties will be too low for them.

I would say that Seria A is in a struggle because it lost Milan. Last year Seria A was really good and joy to watch. A fierce competition for the Scuddetto, for the last UCL spot and for the remaining European spots. We saw Napoli bearly losing to Chelsea. Milan losing to Barcelona with doubtious refering, and Inter losing in the last minutes in UCL. Now picture this - Milan losing to Barcelona barely, because Barcelona did deserve to beat them, but not in this way. Inter getting one more round and Napoli beating Chelsea and then Benfica. Add to this the Italian national team great run in the EURO CUP and everybody would be orgazmic about Seria A.

There is everywhere a bad refering. However the media pays special attention to Seria A because Calciopoli and the resent corruption drama. However it is obvious that only the Italian FA and local authorities are trying to remove the corruption from their football, because they feel the Italian fan is fed up with this. Did the English FA stop John Terry play in the EURO CUP? Nope, but surely the Italian FA did not let Chrisito play. Meanwhile it is almost 10 years Man UTD being supported by referees in England. Barcelona is even supported in UCL, Real not so much but we can see doubtious decision in their favour since Mourinio is leading them and I am not sure before that.

In Seria A it is not much more different. Juventus, Inter and Milan have been supported by the refs. I talked to an Inter fan who has watched their latest game and explained how a Gilardinio penalty has turned into an offside and he said it was unneccessary for his team to receive such a support.

In conclusion Seria A lost Milan this season. The teams are trying to settle a budget and props to Juve for using Italian players and to Roma playing their matches with 8 players around the age of 20, bringing some really good talent to Seria A. Pitty that we lost Verratti, Lavezzi, Motta, Sirugu, Ibra, Silva and who else to the French League.

Well actually I can speak for 2 teams - Juve and Roma. Both of the teams have increased their attendance by approximately 5-10k per home game. You can not judge Juve's home game in UCL against Schatar, because this was mid week, the price of the ticket was too high and there were more interesting matches for the Seria A fan where they could watch Juventus.

It's certainly good news that both those clubs have been able to improve their attendances on last year. From what I understand however attendances across the league have dipped ever so slightly from last year. Only basing that on an article I read about Italian football a little while ago where it was mentioned. Maybe someone more knowledgeable about this can confirm? It might make sense if that's the case given that the two milans have been struggling recently and they are the most popular teams in the league.

Roma has accounted an income of approximately 70 mil last year, by expanding their market in Asia, North and South America. Juventus are succesfully leading a politic of low salaries. This is why they can not buy Falcao, because they will destroy this politic and it may turn into second Zenit. They can spend the 40 milions, but they can not afford his salary.

Yeah Juventus have been extremely impressive in the way that they have managed to bring the club right back to the top of the league while utilising a sensible business plan. A lot of clubs could learn a thing or two from their example. However they will have to be careful about not getting themselves into a similar situation to the one Arsenal is in now. Having money but being unwilling to spend it. Not splashing out on the big names can sometimes cause issues with remaining competitive. They should look at other clubs with a similar business plan to theirs and learn from their mistakes imo. Such a thing as being too cautious.

Udinese and Napoli are with a positive income too, because they were selling. Now tell me how many teams can say they are not spending on the market for players and can account a possitive income? Maby Barcolona and Real Madrid? I am really sure not a single top Premier League team (Man UTD maby?) is earning money right now. And unfortunately once the financial fair play rules comes, the penalties will be too low for them.

Man United I believe are profitable but are hamstrung by their debt. They make money but the debt repayments prevent them from going out and spending how they should be able to. When its finally cleared however they will probably be completely unstoppable in the transfer market due to their ridiculous income.
I'm pretty sure other top clubs in the premier league that are profitable are Tottenham, Newcastle, Liverpool with their new owners and obviously Arsenal. So there's actually a fair few at the top of the league.
Chelsea having been moving closer and closer to breaking even. The major barrier they need to overcome is getting a new stadium sorted out. They will get through Financial Fair Play though which is good news.
Man City is the obvious exception to all this. Not sure how the Financial Fair Play is looking for them but it will be interesting to see how that turns out. I get the feeling only time will tell.
Apart from Man City no english teams should struggle to get through Financial Fair Play into europe so I'm not sure what you've said there is true at all.

I would say that Seria A is in a struggle because it lost Milan. Last year Seria A was really good and joy to watch. A fierce competition for the Scuddetto, for the last UCL spot and for the remaining European spots. We saw Napoli bearly losing to Chelsea. Milan losing to Barcelona with doubtious refering, and Inter losing in the last minutes in UCL. Now picture this - Milan losing to Barcelona barely, because Barcelona did deserve to beat them, but not in this way. Inter getting one more round and Napoli beating Chelsea and then Benfica. Add to this the Italian national team great run in the EURO CUP and everybody would be orgazmic about Seria A.

To be honest everything you've said here is fantasy. None of this happened. The teams at the end of the day simply weren't good enough. Talking about if's, but's and maybe's doesn't change the reality of the situation.

There is everywhere a bad refering. However the media pays special attention to Seria A because Calciopoli and the resent corruption drama. However it is obvious that only the Italian FA and local authorities are trying to remove the corruption from their football, because they feel the Italian fan is fed up with this. Did the English FA stop John Terry play in the EURO CUP? Nope, but surely the Italian FA did not let Chrisito play. Meanwhile it is almost 10 years Man UTD being supported by referees in England. Barcelona is even supported in UCL, Real not so much but we can see doubtious decision in their favour since Mourinio is leading them and I am not sure before that.

The media doesn't pay special attention Serie A. Just look at the controversy over Mark Clattenburg going on right now. Just because corruption exists in Italian football doesn't mean it has to exist elsewhere. Italian football deserves to be slated for the corruption among its teams. Its ridiculous that they're allowed to get away with it and it needs to be stopped. Don't try and tar every other leagues reputation just because Serie A teams have made these mistakes. Did it ever occur to you that the reason there's no corruption scandals of the same magnitude in ANY other league is because perhaps it doesn't happen in those countries. That would make far more sense than suggesting that every league in europe is corrupt and that the Italian league is somehow setting an example. The more I think about this the more ridiculous it sounds. It's just sounds like you reaching for any argument that will justify all the bad **** that happens in that league. Also the referee's supporting Man Utd, Barcelona, Madrid etc is all just conspiracy from people jealous of their success. There are statistics all over the web that show refereeing decisions work out pretty evenly over the course of a whole season.

In conclusion Seria A lost Milan this season. The teams are trying to settle a budget and props to Juve for using Italian players and to Roma playing their matches with 8 players around the age of 20, bringing some really good talent to Seria A. Pitty that we lost Verratti, Lavezzi, Motta, Sirugu, Ibra, Silva and who else to the French League.

Let's be honest the league has lost a lot of talent recently and has taken a big dip in the European rankings. By the looks of things it's probably going to get worse before it gets better too. Both the Portuguese and French leagues are catching up with Serie A and other leagues such as the Russian League are receiving huge investment and closing the gap. Serie A can still recover however and hopefully it will. There are big positives such as the financial position that Juventus have put themselves into and the other big teams finally doing something to sort themselves out. Would personally love to see the Italian league recover and join the big boys at the top again.

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli’s recent speech to Juventus shareholders about the state of Calcio:

“Juventus supports a reform of professional football, which can no longer be treated the same as grass roots football, a reform of the Leagues, of the number of professional teams, the youth sector, a full reform of the sporting justice, which cannot treat issues affecting clubs worth millions of Euros like minor disputes in provincial football”