• Kf

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Joshhh

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters

Joshhh

Reaction score
Shakhtar Donetsk - Europe's finest?

This will be a joint story between me and 'kf' :)

aCZOE.png

Akhmetov: I want Shakhtar to be Europe's finest​

donbass-arena-shakthar-4.jpg

If rumours are to be believed, Shakhtar Donetsk owner Rinat Akhmetov wants things to be different around Donbass Arena. Having won the 2009 edition of the UEFA Cup, the news has become a surprise to football fans around Ukraine. In his most recent press conference he has claimed current manager Mircea Lucescu's approach way too 'bland' and isn't going to get them anywhere as far as the Champions League is concerned. With high profile manager such as Frank Rijkaard and former Ukraine legend Igor Belanov linked with the job, pundits are speculating it's a matter of when and not if before Lecescu's future is decided.​

betfred_logo.jpg

Shakhtar Donetsk next manager odds:

Frank Rijkaard 8/1

Igor Belanov 12/1

Martin O'Neill 24/1

Sam Allardyce 100/1

So, Frank Rijkaard is being tipped as the potential successor from current manager Lecescu. Shakhtar owner has confirmed an announcement will be made in the next 24 hours on who will be the manager of the club. This statement is sure to have an effect on many Shakhtar fans, along with everyone associated with the club. For more information and views, visit http://www.skysports.com/skysportsnews/0,28673,12975,00.html

What I'm using;
Patch 11.3
LFCMarshall v4
Mantralux General Update

Last edited:

Tuesday 1st June 2010
Interfax.gif

New Shakhtar Donetsk owner Rinat Akhmetov sacks Mircra Lucescu

mircea-lucescu-dupa-victoria-cu-roma-vom-vedea-la-donetk-cine-merita-sa-se-califice-88483.jpg

Shock today as Mircra Lucescu has been sacked as the manager of FC Shakhtar Donetsk. Rinat Akhmetov sacked Mircra Lucescu after accordingly he raged at the decision that Lucescu had asked for a more transfer money, as he believed the club needed more money for the club to go further than just the odd league champions. Akhmetov denied the decision instantly and Lucescu left the meeting room in disgust. Hours later, Akhmetov sacked Lucescu due to unacceptable behaviour.

Lucescu spoke to Interfax New later on that day, “I am seriously unhappy with this decision, Rinat has made a real mistake, I hope the new manager, whoever that may be, fails the job and proves what a mistake it was to sake me!”

Akhmetov also spoke to Interfax News minutes after the interview with Lucescu. “Mircra is the one who has lost out, he has lost the opportunity to become a world known manager. He is the one who has made the mistake, he is the one who got angry, which forced me with no other choice.”

william.hill.logo.jpg

The odds for the new manager:
Mykhavlo Sokolovsky 5-1
Alexandru Spiridon 10-1 (Current Assistant Manager)
Yuriy Kalitvintsev 14-1
***** Altman 26-1
Martin O’Neill 38-1

For more news:
http://www.interfax.com.ua/eng/

Last edited:
aCZOE.png

Rijkaard unveiled as new
Shakhtar manager, just 2 hours after Lecescu's dismissal

Frank-Rijkaard-Looking-for-work.jpg

Rijkaard will be keen to get back to day-to-day management

Just 2 hours after Akhmetov relieved Mircea Lucescu of his duties, he has announced new manager Frank Rijkaard will take charge of first team affairs immediately. The decision to appoint a new manager so soon has enraged Lucescu, after claims that 'he was never in the running' to stay at Dunbass Arena. Many fans however have supported Akhmetov's decision in bringing in a high profile manager and here is what a fan has had to say:-

I believe this decision's a good one. We're obviously going to dominate the league and I want my side to be challenging for European titles like the Champions League. Rijkaard's a top class manager, as he's proved with Barcelona already, he's only young and he's got bags of potential, not to mention the players he'll attract to the club. So yeah, well do Akhmetov!

Players like Hulk, Kwadwo Asamoah, Neymar and Vagner Love have all been linked with moves to Shakhtar.

We now take a look at who's going to be key for Rijkaard and his team this year:-

View attachment 147722

Captain and talisman, Darijo Srna will lead Shakhtar out. The solid right back has been attracting interest from teams such as Man City & Chelsea, but Rijkaard has expressed his desire to keep him at the club.

View attachment 147723

The £13.5m signing from Barcelona will be the rock at the heart of Shakhtar's defence. He alongside Srna, Ischenko and Rat will be the key 4 in the defensive department for the Moles.

View attachment 147724

The young Samba star will be key as he plays just behind the front 3 for Shakhtar. At 19 years of age he has huge potential along with bags of current talent. Shakhtar beat off competition from many European sides to sign him from Gremio this summer.

View attachment 147725

The more unorthadox Brazillian, hard tackling, good at marking, more Roy Keane style than Ronaldinho Gaucho. He will play a huge role as he looks to break up opposition attacks.

View attachment 147726

The Croatian signed from Arsenal after a poor period in his career. He will play the part of poacher and there is no more more suited to the role than the man himself.

aCZOE.png

Hulk spotted at Donbass Arena

hulk(1).jpg

Shakhtar fans will hope to see Hulk strutting his stuff in Ukraine

Rijkaard may have only been in the job a matter of days, but he's already made hug inroads in pulling off the biggest coup in modern football. Brazillian forward Hulk was spotted getting out of the Shakhtar helicopter this morning, following a £16million bid, which was duly accepted by his parent club Porto. If the signing does go through, it will send a huge message out to Shakhtar fans of the ambition both Rijkaard and the clubs owners share.

Wednesday 9th June 2010

Interfax.gif

Mykhavlo Sokolovsky fits into Akhmetov's criteria

Donbass_Arena_15.jpg

Shakhtar legend, Mykhavlo Sokolovsky has been appointed as the manager of Shakhtar Donetsk.

Sokolovsky has made the most appearances in Shakhtar history with 484 appearances in all competitions and he is in the top ten most goals scored for Shakhtar, in third with 105.
Sokolovsky has recently been a scout for Metalurg Donetsk. He managed Shakhtar in the 1995/96 season and will definitely be looking forward to coming back to his home club and home fans.

Sokolovsky spoke to Interfax and said “I’ve never been so excited in my life, apart from the good old days when I was scoring for fun for this magnificent team.”

Sokolovsky seems to have his eyes on a few players already as Shakhtar manager, but can he impress the fans, like he once did?

Players on Sokolovsky's radar:
Hulk
View attachment 147812

Tranquillo Barnetta
View attachment 147801

Eden Hazard
View attachment 147811

Sime Vrsaljko
View attachment 147800

Key players:
Captain and star, Darijo Srna will be looking to find a good friendship with Sokolovsky and lead the club to glory.
Srna will be a key player in the team and Sokolovsky will do everything in his power to keep Srna at the club with interest from Man City and Man Utd.[/SIZE]
View attachment 147813

Dmytro Chygrynskyi will be important in the defence, after a £13.5m transfer from Barcelona, he is sure to impress.
View attachment 147814

Fernandinho will be important in midfield with the holding roll, he will be needed.
View attachment 147816

Eduardo will be the key figure up top, despite poor performances for Arsenal, and a broken leg, he will be sure to impress the boss.
View attachment 147815

Last edited:
Yeah but you have to give it time mate.....write a good story and people will follow.

aCZOE.png

Shakhtar transfer update

Hulk - £16m, Porto > Shakhtar

fcporto-hulk.jpg

Wilson Palacios - Loan Fee £725k, Tottenham > Shakhtar

wilson_palacios_0910_637.jpg

Lucas - £6.75m, Sao Paulo > Shakhtar

Lucas.jpg

With just 3 signings made for Shakhtar, the squad may look familiar to previous years. However, with the addition of Hulk, the squad now look a more powerful and dominant side, with Palacios there to provide some bite in midfield, and Brazillian wonderkid Lucas will provide good competition for fellow Samba stars Douglas Costa, Willian and Alex Teixeira.

View attachment 148134

aCZOE.png

Ukranian Super Cup

610x.jpg

New Shakhtar manager Frank Rijkaard kicked off his career with the Ukranian Super Cup final against fellow Premier Division rivals Tavria. Shakhtar lined up like this;

Gk - Andriy Pyatov
Lb - Razvan Rat
Cb - Dymytro Chygrinksyi
Cb - Mykola Ischenko
Rb - Darijo Srna
Cm - Wilson Palacios
Cm - Jadson
Aml - Hulk
Amc - Douglas Costa
Amr - Alex Teixeira
Cf - Eduardo

Shakhtar dominated all throughout the first half, depsite the two teams going in level at the break. Over 20 shots and 71% posession must have had Rijkaard wondering how Tavria had kept them at bay. However, half time came and Shakhtar made 2 changes, pacey forward Willian replaced an unimpressive Alex Teixeira and Luiz Adriano came on for an unfit Eduardo. Shakhtar continued to press and test the opposition keeper to no avail until debutant Wilson Palacios fired home from 12 yards in the dieing minutes to ensure Shakhtar won the cup without the dreaded lottery of the penalty shoot-out.

Next up for Shakhtar is Karparty in the Ukranian premier league.

Sokolovsky Impresses In Pre-Season!

Shakhtar 4-0 Shakhtar-3
( Willian, Eduardo, Douglas Costa, Moreno )

SK Rapid Wien 0-1 Shakhtar
( Jadson )

Vac 1-5 Shakhtar
( Ambrus ) ( Shybko, Luiz Adriano x2, Shevchuk, Churko )

Shakhtar 4-0 Vitesse
( Luiz Adriano x2, Willian, Grechtshkin )

Jagiellonia 0-1 Shakhtar
( Thiago Rangel OG )

Triglav 0-3 Shakhtar
( Vakulenko, Lugano, Barnetta )

View attachment 148158

Sokolovsky Spends Big!

Mykhavlo Sokolovsky has been entrusted with a huge transfer budget for such a team, and rose to the challenge.

Players In:

Hulk, the ex-Porto striker was certainly a high hope for Sokolovsky, with fans begging for the Brazilian to join a potentially brilliant team. Porto accepted a offer for £14.75m.

Eden Hazard, the Belgian wonderkid was delighted to sign a 4 year deal with Shakhtar after Sokolovsky spoke to the press and said "He is wonderful". Eden became good friends with Sokolovsky and it was a good deal. Lille accepted a £14.75m bid, equaling Hulks transfer.

Tranquillo Barnetta, the Swiss from Leverkusen was a big fan of Sokolovsky when he was younger, and loved the way he played. Therefore Sokolovsky offered £6.25m for the Swiss, which was accepted.

Diego Lugano, the Uruguayan captain impressed Sokolovsky in the world cup and was impressed at such a cheap price. Fenerbahce accepted a £2.5m bid.

Sime Vrsaljko, the Croatian whizkid delighted Sokolovsky when he went to watch Sime play after interest from the very start. Sokolovsky was delighted that Dinamo accepted a £2.9m bid and that Sime joined the Ukrainian giants Shakhtar, instead of Real Madrid, and Arsenal, who both were interested.

Total Spent: £41.15m

Players Out:

Fernandinho, was a key player for the season ahead, but after a £6m from Bayern, which was rejected, Bayern couldn't keep away, offering £7.5m for the Brazilian centre midfielder.

Vasyl Kobin, his disapproval of Lucescu's departure left him in a dilemma, this was solved by interest from Mallorca. Shakhtar accepted a £2.7m bid.

Marcelo Moreno, didn't seem to impress through-out pre-season, scoring one goal which really was quite lucky, despite that, Portuguese team, Ferreira offered, £1.5m which was raised to £1.9m after talks.

View attachment 148159

Last edited:
I'm following. Looks like a lot of work going into this story. How did you manage to buy Hulk? What database are you on and when did the game start?

Well Hulk seems to be a player that is interested in joining so that isn't to hard.
And we're both using 11.3 patch and LFCMarshall v4, but Joshhh is using Mantralux General Update, where as I'm not. We started the game in Ukraine (June).

Sunday 4th July 2010
Shakhtar Vs. Tavria
( Super Cup )

Welcome to the Slavutych-Arena in Zaporizhzyhya where as the Ukrainian Champions, Shakhtar Donestk play Tavria in the Ukrainian Super Cup.

20:45 And The Match Kicked Off.
00:01 Eduardo touches the ball for the first time of the final.
08:58 Eden Hazard's through ball puts Eduardo though, he shots, it hits the keeper his Messias and goes in, OWN GOAL!
18:35 Hulk takes on 2 of the Tavria defence and slots it into the bottom corner
45:00 2 minute added on.
47:01 Half Time.
90:00 1 minutes added on, can Tavria get a goal, and maybe have hope?
91:11 The final whistle goes.

SHAKHTAR WIN THE SUPER CUP!

The Final Score:
Shakhtar 2 - 0 Tavria
View attachment 148300View attachment 148301
Hulk collected man of the match.

Last edited:
great story buddy keep up the good work, really enjoying it!!!

We started the game in Ukraine

That is where I am going wrong then. I started my game with Shakhtar in England. It's too late anyway I'm already a season in. That's why I'll be following your game with interest. Keep it up!!!

great story buddy keep up the good work, really enjoying it!!!

That is where I am going wrong then. I started my game with Shakhtar in England. It's too late anyway I'm already a season in. That's why I'll be following your game with interest. Keep it up!!!

Cheers boys, just waiting for kf to catch up then I'll update July ^^)

aCZOE.png

Shakhtar 2-0 Karpaty
(Ukranian Premier League)

View attachment 148316

Shakhtar kicked off their league campaign hosting old friends Karpaty. A dull first half was really kicked into life when Shakhtar was denied a penalty after Douglas Costa thought he was pushed in the box, but the referee was having none of it. The two sides went in level despite alot of pressure from the Moles. The second half started well for Shakhtar, testing the opposition goalkeeper time after time. The breakthrough came when Croatian forward Eduardo latched onto a Jadson through ball before rounding the keeper and slotting home to make it one nil. He doubled both his tally and Shakhtar's lead when he smashed from the edge of the box following good work beating 2 men.

Volyn 0-4 Shakhtar

View attachment 148317

After a good opening day, Shakhtar looked to kick on as they travelled to Volyn hoping for 3 points. In a rather shocking opening Volyn cracked the woodwork and tested Pyatov many times. Shakhtar however took the lead against the run of play after a truly magical goal from Samba star Douglas Costa. He took the ball from the edge of his own box, getting past 4 Volyn players before outstandingly lobbing the opposition keeper. Fantastic goal. Eduardo doubled Shakhtar's lead as he got his 3rd of the season with a real poachers effort. Half time came with Shakhtar now in complete control, and that's exactly how the second half began. Alex Teixeira got his first goal for the club after he converted from a Hulk cross, making it 3-0. Douglas Costa got his second and rounded off a great day for himself and Shakhtar with a good 20 yard effort.

Shakhtar 3-1 Zorya

View attachment 148318

After a faultless opening 2 games of the season, Shakhtar must of been confident coming into todays game. Eduardo continued his magical form as he got the Miners off to a flyer opening the scoring on 7 minutes. South Africa's world cup hero Katlega Mphela then equalised for Zorya with a bullet header on 67 minutes, but from then on it turned into the Eduardo show. He regained Shakhtar's lead on 76 minutes with a decent header following another Hulk cross. He completed his hat-trick on 87 minutes after dribbling past 3 men before smashing into the roof of the net. 3-1 was the final score, leaving Shakhtar top of the league.

Saturday 10th July 2010
Sevastopol Vs. Shakhtar
( Premier League )

Welcome to the SC Sevastopol where the Ukrainian Champions, Shakhtar Donestk play Sevastopol.

18:00 And The Match Kicked Off.
00:01 Eduardo kicks off.
11:08 Olexandr Kucher's powerful header is unstoppable as Tranquillo Barnetta's corner was perfected.
45:00 2 minute added on.
47:06 Half Time.
79:26 Willian blasts in for 25 yards.
90:00 4 minutes added on.
94:18 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Sevastopol 0-2 Shakhtar
View attachment 148908
Olexandr Kucher collected man of the match.

Saturday 17th July 2010
Shakhtar Vs. Illichivets
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Donbas-Arena, in Donetsk, where the hakhtar Donestk host Illichivets.

17:00 And The Match Kicked Off.
06:38 Eduardo walks through the defence and slots it into the bottom corner
23:53 Eduardo is taking off with strained ankle ligaments
45:00 1 minute added on.
46:26 Half Time.
90:00 1 minutes added on
91:00 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Shakhtar 1-0 Illichivets
View attachment 148909
Eden Hazard collected man of the match.
Eduardo will be out for around 3 weeks with strained ankle ligaments.

Saturday 24th July 2010
Metalurg Zp Vs. Shakhtar
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Slavutych-Arena, in Zaporizhzhya, where the Shakhtar Donestk face Metalurg Zp.

00:01 Jan Tigorev kicks off.
10:04 Hulk walks through the defence and slots it into the bottom corner
16:33 Hulk walks through the defence again but this time smashes it in to the top of the net.
37:24 Douglas Costa smashes in from 30 yards out.
45:00 3 minute added on.
48:33 Half Time.
48:53 Jan Tigorev heads in from the corner.
52:31 Hulk completes his first hat-trick for Shakhtar with smash from 20 yards.
80:04 Luiz Adriano places it into the bottom corner from 10 yards out.
90:00 4 minutes added on
94:43 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Metalurg Zp 1-5 Shakhtar
View attachment 148910

Saturday 31st July 2010
Shakhtar Vs. Arsenal Kyiv
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Donbas-Arena, in Donestk, where the Shakhtar Donestk face Arsenal Kyiv.

00:01 Hulk kicks off.
11:24 Dmytro Chygrynskyi heads in from Barnetta's corner
24:33 Hulk walks through the defence and smashes it in to the top of the net.
28:01 Jadson collects a red card for jumping in two-footed
30:24 Hulk smashes in from 30 yards out.
40:12 Volodymyr Arzhanov slots in a scrappy goal.
45:00 5 minutes added on.
49:59 Half Time.
49:53 Hulk heads in from the corner, collected a 2nd hat-trick in 2 games.
70:31 Hulk smashes from 20 yards, 5-1.
73:58 Sloppy defending, Olexandr Kovpak takes in from 10 yards.
75:12 Great response, Kucher makes up for his mistake for the previous goal and his bullet header few into the top corner.
94:03 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Shakhtar 6-2 Arsenal Kyiv
View attachment 148911

League table after July

*****​

Player stats after July

*****​

Great first month for Sokolovsky, hopefully he can keep it up!​

*****​

Last edited:
Sunday 8th August 2010
Vorskla Vs. Shakhtar
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Butovskyi Stadium Vorskia where the Ukrainian Champions, Shakhtar Donestk play Vorskla.

00:01 Kick off.
46:53 Hulk smashes in from 25 yards.
48:06 Half Time.
62:26 Hulk walks through the defence and smashes it in
90:00 1 minutes added on.
91:18 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Vorskla 0-2 Shakhtar
View attachment 149131

Saturday 14th August 2010
Shakhtar Vs. Tavria
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Donbas-Arena, in Donetsk, where the Shakhtar Donestk host Tavria.

31:38 Barnetta walks through the defence and slots it into the bottom corner
45:00 1 minute added on.
46:26 Half Time.
74:34 Barnetta collects a second with a volley from 6 yards out from the cross of Douglas Costa.
83:12 Hulk walks through the defence and taps it in.
90:00 1 minutes added on
91:00 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Shakhtar 3-0 Tavria
View attachment 149132
Tranquillo Barnetta collected man of the match.

Wednesday 18th August 2010
Poltava Vs. Shakhtar
( Ukrainian Cup 2nd Round )

Welcome to the Lokomotyv, in Poltava, where the Shakhtar Donestk face Poltava.

00:01 Kick Off.
11:04 Luiz Adriano walks through the defence and slots it into the bottom corner
15:33 Luiz Adriano walks through the defence again but this time smashes it in to the top of the net.
42:24 Alex Teixeria smashes in from 30 yards out.
48:33 Half Time.
71:04 Tomas Hubschman heads in from Teixeria's corner
90:00 2 minutes added on
92:04 The final whistle goes.

The Final Score:
Poltava 0-4 Shakhtar
View attachment 149133
Luiz Adriano collected man of the match.
Despite playing a completely weakened team, with only 1 key player involved due to the amount of foreign players allowed, Sokolovsky has really got this team fixed.

Saturday 21st August 2010
Volyn Vs. Shakhtar
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Avangard, in Lutsk, where the Shakhtar Donestk face Volyn.

23:24 Douglas Costa heads in from Barnetta's corner
31:33 Hulk walks through the defence and smashes it in to the top of the net.
33:54 Eugene Pavlov slots in to make it 2-1.
41:24 Hulk smashes in from 20 yards out.
50:53 Douglas Costa fires in from 30 yards.
70:31 Hulk smashes from 20 yards, 5-1.

The Final Score:
Volyn 1-5 Shakhtar
View attachment 149134

Saturday 21st August 2010
Shakhtar Vs. Metalurg D
( Premier League )

Welcome to the Donbras-Arena, where the Shakhtar Donestk face Metalurg D.

09:04 Eduardo volleys in from Barnetta's corner
14:33 Hazard walks through the defence and places it in to the bottom corner.
28:54 Douglas Costa slots in to make it 3-0.
30:24 Eduardo smashes in from 20 yards out.
70:53 Eduardo taps in from 15 yards.
84:31 Douglas Costa smashes from 20 yards, 6-0.

The Final Score:
Shakhtar 6-0 Metalurg D
View attachment 149135
Eduardo collected man of the match.

League table after August

*****​

Player stats after August

*****​

Chairman Rinat Akhmetov applauses Mykhavlo Sokolovsky

The chairman on Shakhtar Donestk, Rinat Akhmetov, is delighted with the decision to keep fan favourite and captain Darijo Srna, with bids from up to £10m from team such as:

Manchester City
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspur
AC Milan
And Juventes

Akhmetov was delighted how Sokolovsky would do anything to keep the Croatian.
Darijo-Srna-Manchester-City-2011-300x215.jpg

Akhmetov is also delighted at the impression Sokolovsky has made with 8 wins out of 8, and holding there heads high at the top of the league, also getting goalscoring powerhouse, Hulk and Eduardo into fine form.
The board and fans are delighted with all signing made by Sokolovsky, especially Hulk and Tranquillo Barnetta.

hulk-porto.jpg
Leverkusen-Tranquillo-Barnetta-celeb_2411097.jpg

*****​

Last edited: