tommytorres

Reaction score
Shakhtar Donetsk

150px-FC_Shakhtar_Donetsk.png

----------------------------------------------------------------

images

Breaking News!!
It has just been announced that Shakhtar Donetsk have SACKED Mircea Lucescu and appointed ex-England international Alan Shearer, the reason being that Lucescu was selling the players to willingly with-out looking into replacements. Alan's agent has released that Alan was very hasty to get back into management after leaving Newcastle on 2009, and accepted Shakhtar Chairmen, Rinat Akhmetov's offer with no hesitation at all.
It will be interesting to see how Alan handles Ukraine in the coming months.

----------------------------------------------------------

Key Players

Henrik Mkhitaryah
View attachment 363421
This Armenian bloke has a confusing name but has sparked interest from Juventus, Liverpool, PSG and Benfica and looks like he is gonna sign for Liverpool in RL (GET IN!!!) Hopefully I can keep hold of him and pair him up with Fernandinho in the centre of the park.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Douglas Costa
View attachment 363422
His Dribbling and Technique stats are immense, he looks like he could be a real demon on the wing, he'll also be my free-kick taker. 18 FK!!!!!!

---------------------------------------
Darijo Srna
View attachment 363423
My Best Defender and he will play a BIG part in my defense plans. Unfortunately, he is 30 y/o which means he will start to decline in the coming years so do I sell him now and use the moey to get his replacement, or keep him until he retires??

--------------------------------------------
Fernandinho
View attachment 363424
This bloke just signed for Man City for $30M or so, so he obviously has class, class i can not wait to use.

------------------------------------------------
Tactics
View attachment 363425
As you can see a very strange tactic which i got off Ovro. He got 38-0-0 with this tactic with Napoli, I look to replicate it. As you can see I need a sweeper, maybe Vertongen or Bochetti. I also need another Centre-back and Left-Wing-Back to complete the team.
Link to Tactic-- http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...rally-best-tactic-fm13-[possession-cccs].html

---------------------------------------------

The board were kind enough to give me 30M spending money for the transfer window which i will use wisely
Next Update-- Pre-season, Transfer Updates and July Results

Hope you enjoy!:D

I'm honored that you're using my tactic, thanks.

I'd recommend keeping Srna as RWB and use prize money to get in a replacement.

Also a cheap LWB option lives in Argentina, his name is Juan Sanchez Mino.

Good luck, dude! :)

I'm honored that you're using my tactic, thanks.

I'd recommend keeping Srna as RWB and use prize money to get in a replacement.

Also a cheap LWB option lives in Argentina, his name is Juan Sanchez Mino.

Good luck, dude! :)

Thnx, I signed Ricardo Rodriguez for RWB role and am just about to play the super cup final

Just discovered that there is a rule to how many foreigners u have in the first 11........****

Just discovered that there is a rule to how many foreigners u have in the first 11........****
Yeah but its really high like 7 isnt it? I dont know if it has changed on the new patch it also would never let anyone get a ukrainian passport so they wouldnt count as a foreigner which made things harder, you should have quite a few ukrainians anyway and look to Dnipro for the likes of Rotan, Konoplyanka, Selezynov and Zozulya all good ukrainians

Yeah but its really high like 7 isnt it? I dont know if it has changed on the new patch it also would never let anyone get a ukrainian passport so they wouldnt count as a foreigner which made things harder, you should have quite a few ukrainians anyway and look to Dnipro for the likes of Rotan, Konoplyanka, Selezynov and Zozulya all good ukrainians

Yeah it's 7 but i didnt know that till the start of the season so i'm screwed.

Sorry guys my computer black out on me during the game, i left it for an hour and nothing changed, i didnt save so i expect it to go back to the start of July (save starts June) so itll take an hour or two till the next updates up, sorry

EDIT- Luckily it didnt go back to far, just to before the 2nd game of the season, update in an hour

Last edited:
July/Transfers Update
-I empty the bank
- Continue the tradition
-Get caught out by the Foreign players rule

Players In
Toby Alderweireld joined the club to take the sweeper position which no-one occupied for $20.5M. Also in was Ricardo Rodriguez to play the LWB role for $15.25M, only for me to discover Razvan Rat, rotting in Shakhtar-3 team.....at least I have some-one for the future. Lastly, and the biggest mistake in my FM career, was bringing in Douglas for $24M from FC Twente, I needed another CB as the others were terrible only to realize that there is a rule to how may non-Ukrainian players you can have in the First-11, so he is sitting on the bench and will most likely be rotating with Toby. Was also so close to signing Roman Zozulya to get my Ukrainian player count up but didn't have enough funds, gonna have to see if i can scavenge some money off the board.
View attachment 363721View attachment 363722View attachment 363723
And so close too......
View attachment 363724

July

Super Cup Final!!!
View attachment 363725
Shakhtar Donetsk 1-
Metalur D
Taison

Tight Game to be honest, still were settling into the knew formation with Toby still on Redwith the sweeper position. Would of liked to of won by a bigger margin but a wins a win and a trophy is silverware

Premier League

Shakhtar Donetsk 2-0
Metalist
Douglas Costa, Gai
Great start to the season with a 2-0 win at home with Douglas Costa bagging his first goal of the season and Gai filling in at LWB

Karpaty 1-2 Shakhtar
Marco Devic, Razvan Rat
, Feeder Club nearly got one over us as they went 1-0 up but Devic got us one back not seconds later, Rat put us 2-1 up before Taison got his second yellow leaving us with 10-men for 40 more minutes, but we were able to hold on to win the match.

Shakhtar 3-0
Arsenal Kyiv
Douglas Costa (2), Razvan Rat

Great spell of Dominence by us against this weak side with Costa scoring 2 great goals one of which a free-kick from a tight angle, over the keeper hitting the back post and going in, really enjoyed this game.

View attachment 363726

Tables
View attachment 363727
All tight at the top of the table with us drawing with Dynamo on top with 9 points each, happy that Dnipro are drifting in mid-table as they have some cracking players, we face Dynamo next month at away i think. We are unbeaten so far, hopefully that can stay

Player of the Month!!!

104897295.jpg

In great form getting 2 goals out if the 2 games he has played, Max rating of 8.20, Min of 7.60 has had a great month and will hopefully carry on scoring!!!

Next Update- August and Transfer wind-up............Champions League is still yet to be drawn

Last edited:
I'd change the colour of your text, it's a little garish. Also what facepack do you use?

Just tought u'd want to know, Douglas Costa got 2nd and 3rd in goal of the month

Have a look at my Dnipro story for any tips on ukrainian players i won the league 3 years in a row with them and there nowhere near as good as shakhtar

Its called Dnipro Domination, not sure how to do the link but you should be able to click on my name and go onto threads started
Thnx a lot for that, Kono looks an absolute beast for the future, gonna have to sort through my players in January

View attachment 363753
Not even 2 months into the season and already setting club records
Manager equivalent of Messi don't ya think

Next update within the hour

Last edited:
1. Show us your full squad list.
2. There's loads of good players languishing at Shaktar 3, such as Dentinho. You can promote some to main team and sell some to generate dosh.
3. Dont worry about the non- Ukrainian player limit. Just register slightly different team for the CL and use the cup matches to give everybody a game. In that respect I disagree that signing people like Douglas was a mistake.
4. As soon as you get enuf money buy BEZUS not Zozulya (tho Zozulya IS a brill player).

1. Show us your full squad list.
2. There's loads of good players languishing at Shaktar 3, such as Dentinho. You can promote some to main team and sell some to generate dosh.
3. Dont worry about the non- Ukrainian player limit. Just register slightly different team for the CL and use the cup matches to give everybody a game. In that respect I disagree that signing people like Douglas was a mistake.
4. As soon as you get enuf money buy BEZUS not Zozulya (tho Zozulya IS a brill player).

1.View attachment 363786View attachment 363787 Here you go
2. I know I found Razvan Rat a LWB whos been amazing so far this season and Alan Patrick 3.5 star potential.
3.Thnx for the tip
4. Will look into it

August
Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-Shakhtar-Donetsk.png

Still Unbeaten
No Action in Transfer Market
18 y/o becomes my First Team Striker

Transfers
Am sorta broke after my first spending spree and reckon the team needs no improvement
In terms of outgoings, got rid of loads of deadwood, and loaned out a lot of youngsters, Shakhtar had loads of players who were never going to challenge the first team and deserved to be in the Ukraine First League.

View attachment 363863View attachment 363865
Had trouble selling players so i just put them up on the the unwanted list for sell or release

Premier League

Metalurg Zp 0-6 Shakhtar
Srna, Rat, Yurchenko, Devic, Rozic (OG), Kurcher (pen)
View attachment 363763
Went in at half-time 2-0 up and decided to give my 18 y/o striker a go, no sooner was he on he scored and came close a couple more times, he played way better then Taison and Luiz Adriano. I am ecstatic with the result and will help our goal difference hugely when it comes to the end of the season

Tavria 0-3 Shakhtar
Yurchenko (2), Devic
Seeing as he played a cracker against Metalurg I decided to put Yurchenko back in against Tavria where he played a blinder and got goals either side of half-time, I have found my First 11 striker, so long Luiz Adriano Only disappointment is my 2nd Choice RWB, Gai, got injured with a groin strain

Shakhtar 2-
1 Illichivets
Alderweireld, Srna (pen)
Closer than what I would of liked it to be, Toby got his first goal for us so all congrats to him and Srna got us a penalty which he converted, luckily as it went right past the keepers feet. Unluckily, Devic is out for 3-4 weeks with a pulled hamstring, and Ric Rodriguez is out for 2-3 weeks with twisted knee. URGH!!!!!

Dnipro 0-1 Shakhtar
Yurchenko
Dnipro never really got a look in, it was all us. Yurchenko put us one up and Kucher had the chance to put us 2 up from the spot but the keeper dived the right way saving it. Ideally would of liked to of got more goals when Zozulya got his second yellow in the 64th minute, but all aside we are still top of the ladder with 7 straight win.

Tables

View attachment 363840
Extremely Happy with how we are going in the league, 7 straight wins, 2 points in-front on Dynamo Kyiv, who, luckily slipped up to give us some breathing room.

View attachment 363842
All I wanted was to be drawn with some easy teams. All I wanted was to be able to reach the knock-out stages with-out much trouble. BUT NOOOOOOO!!!!!! I had to be drawn with Barcelona and Dortmund. Bye Bye Champions League.

Other News
Ukraine beat France 2-0 annnnnd had a goal disalowed
View attachment 363767

Last edited: