Shaking up the Football League - A Bury FC Story.

Looking good in the champ in your first season. On mine Nimely was released as well, however i suppose i am stubborn and stick with Elford-Alliyu when i suppose i shouldn't do! just finished the season on mine, but got a lot of updating to do!! keep it up!

Looking good in the champ in your first season. On mine Nimely was released as well, however i suppose i am stubborn and stick with Elford-Alliyu when i suppose i shouldn't do! just finished the season on mine, but got a lot of updating to do!! keep it up!

Hopefully he'll be released on mine as well, going to try and offload Elford-Alliyu in the summer.

Hopefully I'll have the December update put up at the weekend, not got security on laptop at the moment so trying to get something sorted

Ah, Nimely, cracking striker there. I managed to nab him after city released him, got his fair share of goals while Lateef was out inured, but then I found an amazing Welsh regen and both fell by the wayside a bit.

Sorted my laptop out so hopefully the update will be on by 10pm

December Update

Club News

Three Premier League clubs in for Manager

View attachment 297050View attachment 297053View attachment 297054

Three Premier League clubs have been in for manager Michael Henson this month as they attempt to draw him away from Gigg Lane. Everton, Fulham and West Ham have tried to get the young manager to join them but he rejected each one in favour of staying with his hometown club. Henson has a growing reputation in the game and this will improve his relationship with the fans ahead of the second half of the season.

Captain Fantastic signs new deal

View attachment 297048

Captain Steven Schumacher has signed a new deal which will see him stay at Gigg Lane until summer 2015. Schumacher has been impressive for the Shakers since he arrived at the club in 2010 and has continued his form from last season into the Championship as Bury look to stay up.

Healy to retire

View attachment 297047

Northern Ireland legend David Healy is set to retire at the end of the season after many injuries during the early part of the season and has also found his appearances limited after the arrival of three strikers in the summer transfer window. Manager Michael Henson is said to be a good friend of Healy’s and will look to get him on the coaching staff.

View attachment 297056

nPower Championship
vs Derby [H]
D 0-0

nPower Championship
vs West Brom [H]
L 0-1
Long 36

nPower Championship
vs Brighton [A]
D 1-1
Sparrow 7 – Piscu 69

nPower Championship
vs Birmingham [H]
L 1-2
Schumacher 52 – Murphy 28, Ambrose 56

nPower Championship
vs Huddersfield [H]
W 3-0
Kutschke 14, Nimely 28, Worrall 32

nPower Championship
vs Southampton [A]
L 2-3
Cork 31, Rodriguez 50, Yoshida 58 – Kutschke 34, McGoldrick 86

nPower Championship
vs Charlton [H]
D 2-2
Kutschke 70, Nimely 90+2 – Bowery 35, 45+1

nPower Championship
vs Peterborough [A]
W 1-0
Kutschke 14

Player of the Month – Stefan Kutschke

View attachment 297046

For only the second time this season, Nimely hasn’t won the award. December was a good month for Kutschke as he scored four times in the last four matches and before that he managed to get in the way of the opposition’s defences with his physical power and height. A well-earned award.

Manager’s Point of View
A slightly disappointing month for us as we only recorded two wins out of eight games. However, we did play some quite hard teams who are right up there with the promotion candidates and the media and other personnel expect us to achieve nothing this season. We’re still in the play-offs but only just as there are three teams just below us on 45 points so a bad result for us could see us drop out easily. Next month we only have four games, which could turn into five if we beat Gateshead in the FA Cup Third Round, so there will be plenty of rest for the players ahead of a tough few months.

League Table
View attachment 297045

Upcoming Fixtures
04.01.14 – FA Cup Third Round – Gateshead [A]
07.01.14 – nPower Championship – Barnsley [H]
11.01.14 – nPower Championship – Wigan [A]
18.01.14 – nPower Championship – Sheffield Wednesday [H]
25.01.14 – FA Cup Fourth Round​

January Update

View attachment 297077

FA Cup Third Round
Vs Gateshead [A]
W 3-1
Donaldson 70 – Schumacher 1, McGoldrick 24, Steenvoorden 49

nPower Championship
vs Barnsley [H]
W 3-2
Arca pen 5, 21, Elford-Alliyu 62 – Cywka 45+2, Harewood pen 66

nPower Championship
vs Wigan [A]
D 2-2
Helenius 20,60 – Worrall 13, McGoldrick 72

nPower Championship
vs Sheffield Wednesday [H]
D 2-2
Redmond 60, Kutschke 62 – O’Grady 39, 76

FA Cup Fourth Round
Vs Sheffield Wednesday [A]
W 2-1
Roberts 13 – Kutschke 39, Elford-Alliyu 82

Player of the Month – David Worrall

View attachment 297076

Worrall has been performing brilliantly all season but this month he has been outstanding and featured in every game. Although he isn’t the first name on the team sheet he always puts in great effort and gets the occasional goal but is always getting involved in the assists. With his contract extension, I could see him becoming a key player for the club.

Manager’s Point of View
A quiet month for us considering the transfer window is open. There has been no incoming or outgoing transfers for us which shows that the squad want to stay here and that they have improved that much that I don’t need to bring anyone in. We progressed in both rounds in the FA Cup and now have a tough away tie at Liverpool to look forward to and it will also bring in a lot of money for the club if it is a full house. Performance wise this month we have done well with a draws against top of the table, at the time, Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday and a win against Barnsley at home. We’re not 8th​ in the table but one win and results elsewhere could see us get back in the play-offs so February will be an exciting month.

League Table
View attachment 297075

Upcoming Fixtures
01.02.14 – nPower Championship – Leicester [H]
08.02.14 – nPower Championship – Burnley [A]
15.02.14 – FA Cup Fifth Round – Liverpool [A]
18.02.14 – nPower Championship – Wolves [A]

February Update

View attachment 297116

nPower Championship
vs Leicester [H]
D 0-0

nPower Championship
vs Burnley [A]
D 0-0

FA Cup Fifth Round
Vs Liverpool [A]
L 1-4
Matavz 40, 62, Downing 71, Piscu og 90 – Nimely 67

nPower Championship
vs Wolves [A]
D 1-1
Doyle 90+4 – McGoldrick 16

Player of the Month – David Forde

View attachment 297115

Goalkeepers hardly get recognised for their hard work so it is about they did. David has been superb in the four games this month and kept two clean sheets and was very nearly three but Wolves scored in the last minute of the game. He played extremely well against Liverpool as well and could have been 7-8 if it wasn’t for him.

Manager’s Point of View
Another dull month club news wise but there was some action on the pitch even though it was only four games. We are unbeaten in the league this month but it was still a month without a win which is disappointing. We only conceded five goals and four of them was in one game against a Premier League side. The Wolves game felt like a loss after conceding a 94th​ minute goal to equalise but that’s football and we have to get on with it. We’ve got some an important month coming up and could make or break our season.

League Table
View attachment 297114

Upcoming Fixtures
01.03.14 – nPower Championship – Hull [H]
08.03.14 – nPower Championship – Leeds [H]

15.03.14 – nPower Championship – Derby [A]
22.03.14 – nPower Championship – Crystal Palace [A]

29.03.14 – nPower Championship – Ipswich [H]

March Update

View attachment 297129

nPower Championship
vs Hull [H]
D 0-0

nPower Championship
vs Leeds [H]
W 1-0
Kutschke 51

nPower Championship
vs Derby [A]
D 0-0

nPower Championship
vs Crystal Palace [A]
W 2-1
Zaha 90+1 – Kutschke 60, Lindpere 69

nPower Championship
vs Ipswich [H]
D 1-1
Kutschke 80 – Rossi 29

View attachment 297128

Stefan has been awarded another player of the month award for his display’s in March. With goals limited due to the defensive outlook of the team, he’s managed to grab three goals including winners against Leeds and Ipswich which I was delighted with. He’s had a few clubs looking at him and his value is quite high but we’re not looking to sell him.

Manager’s Point of View
Another month unbeaten, it’s looking good for us at the moment. I think it’s something like twelve games unbeaten which is great considering our stature. We’re 6th​ in the league which is just inside the play-offs but it is unbelievably close. From Brighton in 2nd​ to Ipswich in 9th​ it’s five points so a couple of bad games could see us plunge into mid table, maybe it is the best for us but I would prefer to get in the play-offs to allow us to get some extra revenue. There is limited club news again but we’ve made progress in future signings with Max Clayton and Abdul Razak now interested in coming to the club.

League Table
View attachment 297127

Upcoming Fixtures
05.04.14 – nPower Championship – Watford [A]
12.04.14 – nPower Championship – Bristol City [A]

15.04.14 – nPower Championship – Sheffield United [H]
19.04.14 – nPower Championship – Coventry [H]

21.04.14 – nPower Championship – Blackburn [A]
26.04.14 – nPower Championship – West Brom [A]

Lets hope you can continue the unbeaten run into the play-offs

April Update

Club News

Lindpere Departs

View attachment 297232

Estonian midfielder Joel Lindpere has agreed to leave the club and join Hartlepool for a fee of around £65,000. Since his arrival at Gigg Lane in October he has enjoyed a mixed season and with Danny Redmond pushing for a starting place Bury thought it would be best if Lindpere was sold.

View attachment 297233

nPower Championship
vs Watford [A]
W 2-1
Asamoah 78 – Kutschke 54, 70

nPower Championship
vs Bristol City [A]
L 0-2
Monk 17, Stead 28

nPower Championship
vs Sheffield United [H]
D 0-0

nPower Championship
Coventry [H]
W 3-2
Kutschke 19, 24, Elford-Alliyu 88 – Morrison 6, 80

nPower Championship
vs Blackburn [A]
L 2-4
Best 36, Fernandez pen 45, Rochina 51, Olsson 66 – Redmond 34, Kennedy 79

nPower Championship
vs West Brom [A]
W 3-2
Bothroyd 74,77 – Elford-Alliyu 3, Kutschke 69, 86

View attachment 297231

Another set of superb performances from the big German as his goals saw us secure a play-off place. His six goals have seen us get a few wins this month and his 86th​ minute winner against West Brom is worthy of winning the award on its own but he’s grabbed doubles in every game he has scored in. Let’s hope he can continue his form into the play-offs to cap an unbelievable year.

Manager’s Point of View
What an unbelievable end to a great season. We started the month well with a win against Watford but had to wait another two weeks before our next win against Coventry where Elford-Alliyu scored a late winner. Two days later we travelled to Blackburn and it was too much for the squad as we faced injuries and suspensions so youngster Luis Kennedy was brought in at centre back and got a goal in a 4-2 defeat. Our last game of the month was against West Brom, a club much bigger than ours. Our heads were down after the defeat against Blackburn and there was about 6 or 7 teams who could get into the play-offs so I had to give them a good team talk to inspire them. We went 1-0 up inside three minutes and managed to get a second one just before 70 minutes. At this stage I thought we were safe and dry but I was wrong as Jay Bothroyd got them back into the game with a quick fire double to put us out of the play-offs. With results not looking like they were going to change we entered the last five minutes out of the play-offs and something needed changing, so I brought on Alex Nimely in the hope that fresh legs would change it. One minute later and I was right as Nimely sprinted down the byline, cut in and floated a cross in for Stefan Kutschke who powered a header into the top corner. He scored right in front of the sold out away end and it erupted, as did the bench. I performed a Jose Mourinho style celebration down the touchline towards the away end I was that ecstatic. We held on for the last five minutes and our play-off campaign was confirmed. We will play Burnley over two legs and it will be an extremely difficult task stopping top goalscorer Charlie Austin who has scored 40 league goals this year.

League Table
View attachment 297229

Upcoming Fixtures
10.05.14 – nPower Championship Play-Off Semi Final First Leg – Burnley [H]
13.05.14 – nPower Championship Play-Off Semi Final Second Leg – Burnley [A]

Play-Off Update

nPower Championship Play-Off Semi Final First Leg
vs Burnley [H]
D 0-0

nPower Championship Play-Off Semi Final Second Leg
Burnley [A]
L 0-1
Harte pen 59

Manager’s Comments
It was a slightly disappointing end to a brilliant season as we missed out on getting to Wembley by a penalty after Piscu gave it away for a foul on Charlie Austin. However, there has been plenty of positives from the season as we have finished high up in the league and not 24th​ like many media outlets predicted. We have also made a lot of profit from this season and this will hopefully allow us to invest in better facilities for us. We have also met the board’s aims for the season in staying up and doing well in one cup competition but fell just short of mine as we didn’t reach the Quarter Final of the FA Cup or the Third Round of the Capital One Cup. Next season will be interesting to see what budget we will have and who will be interested in joining us.

good season, and a brilliant platform you can build on... i should think you will be able to get better players in as you have stayed in the championship!! i found that i managed to get quite a few decent players in my 3rd season. Good luck and hope you can do one better next year (going to update my own tonight as i have fallen well behind!!)

2013-14 End of Season Awards

Player of the Season – Stefan Kutschke

It was close for this award as it could have gone to any of the two main strikers in the team but Kutschke edged it as Nimely failed to score in the last thirteen games for us. Kutschke struggled at first but got going around mid-season to see him turn into a key player for us. He appeared 45 times and scored 21 goals and got ten assists whilst maintaining an average rating of 7.53.

Young Player of the Season – Ryan Tunnicliffe

Since his arrival on a free transfer in the summer, he has played a huge part in the club’s run to the play-offs. He has made the central midfielder role his own and has forced senior players like Julio Arca out of the side. He played 43 times in the 2013-14 season and got three assists but failed to score his first goal for the club, he also achieved an average rating of 7.09.

Fan’s Player of the Season – David Worrall

View attachment 297310

Worrall has performed magnificently all season and the fans have took notice and awarded him their player of the season. He signed a new contract this season which will see him at the club for the next few years and hopefully he can fire us into the Premier League. He amassed 45 appearances over the season grabbing six goals and plenty of assists which saw him named Runner Up in the Most Assists of the Championship season. He achieved an average rating of 7.25 over the season.

Goal of the Season – David Worrall vs Huddersfield

[video=youtube;6IrQiT0eVKI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IrQiT0eVKI[/video]

A truly memorable goal from Bury right midfielder Worrall as he hits an impudent chip over the keeper from at least 51 metres. This goal was award nPower Championship Goal of the Season as well.

Bury’s Best Eleven of 2013-14

View attachment 297306

GK: David Forde
RB: Miguel
CB: Alex Bruce
CB: Piscu
LB: Joe Skarz
RM: David Worrall
CM: Steven Schumacher
CM: Ryan Tunnicliffe
LM: Joel Lindpere
ST: Stefan Kutschke
ST: Alex Nimely

Subs
Danny Redmond
Andrai Jones
Julio Arca
David McGoldrick
Lateef Elford-Alliyu
Matthew Steenvoorden
Jonathan Obika

David Worrall was named in the nPower Championship Team of the Year and Stefan Kutschke was named in the substitutes.

(Sorry for the lack of screenshots, I was progressing my game and by the time it allowed me to browse it had gone into the next season)​

good season, and a brilliant platform you can build on... i should think you will be able to get better players in as you have stayed in the championship!! i found that i managed to get quite a few decent players in my 3rd season. Good luck and hope you can do one better next year (going to update my own tonight as i have fallen well behind!!)

A lot of the players I have in mind won't sign, for example Nimely and Max Clayton. Clayton wanted £12,000 a week and then has gone to St Mirren on £2,800 a week so he misses out on a better standard of league.

That happened with me with Clayton!, was being greedy and went elsewhere for less. I found that most of mine or on an average wage, but with a clause of after 30 league games it goes up (i do quite abit of squad rotation so hopefully a couple of them don't reach it!)

Looking forward to see your signings for this year and good luck for your push to promotion.

PS has Abdi Ibrahim been snapped up? if not have a look at him