Puddz

Reaction score
Just before the seasons start you have to select the shirt numbers for your team.
Some players have preferred numbers and I was wondering do you give them their preferred number or not?
Also was wondering if it affected the player if he didn't get his preferred number or not.

i try and give the players the number they want if i can but if i cant then i will pick one like it. i.e if a player wants number 3 and i cant give it too him i will give him number 33. not sure if it effects the player though.

I do the same as CJACKO. If the number they want eventually opens up, I'll give it to them. Once when I brought on a new defender and gave them number 25, one of the sports journals mentioned it, like "....gives number 3 shirt to Nicolao before giving it to (new defender)". I wonder what that was about.

If i am able to give him (eg. the number is not taken by other players) then i will give it to him... If its taken then no choice but to give him another number..

Traditionally starting first team are given numbers 1-11. This is why journalists say something like player given number x ahead of player etc. Number 3 was traditionally a CB just the way number 9 is known as main starting striker/CF etc

Traditionally starting first team are given numbers 1-11. This is why journalists say something like player given number x ahead of player etc. Number 3 was traditionally a CB just the way number 9 is known as main starting striker/CF etc

I always thought it went as follows:
GK=1 RB=2 CB=5 CB=6 LB=3 RM=7 CM=8 CM=4 LM=11 ST=9 ST=10 for a 4-4-2