Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Should i of sold Rooney in 1st season????

Reaction score
just started an online game with 3 other mates, all top 4 prem clubs. I have decided on being Man Utd and have gone and sold Rooney to Chelsea for 40 million. In his 1st competitive game he scored 4 goals which has now got me thinking I have made the wrong decision. Has anybody else sold Rooney in the 1st season and what did it do for your season?

Reaction score
Um yes you have mate

I never, ever sell Rooney, he dies at United for me :p

Reaction score
not what I wanted to hear oO) I have bought some decent young players in Gotze, Schurrle and Bender. Lets hope these can fill the gap in some way.

Reaction score
I've not been United on FM13 yet but I kept him at the club until he retired from COACHING on mine, so its a mistake in my eyes

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, yes. But I sold Rooney for 30m + Cristiano Ronaldo. To be more precise, I gave both Rooney and 30m for Ronaldo.

Reaction score
Well, yes. But I sold Rooney for 30m + Cristiano Ronaldo. To be more precise, I gave both Rooney and 30m for Ronaldo.
thinking I made the wrong decision, need my young players to perform and everything will be ok! :D

Reaction score
just started an online game with 3 other mates, all top 4 prem clubs. I have decided on being Man Utd and have gone and sold Rooney to Chelsea for 40 million. In his 1st competitive game he scored 4 goals which has now got me thinking I have made the wrong decision. Has anybody else sold Rooney in the 1st season and what did it do for your season?

Unfortunately that is a pretty big mistake...not the end of the world though. Plenty of time to build.