Blandinio

Reaction score
Hi ladies / gents, looking for your experience to aid me in my first real FM2013 decision;

Currently in my 6th Season, chose to start in the Blue Bet Premier with Luton Town, results have surpassed expectations:

1st Season - 9th Blue Bet Premier
2nd Season - 1st Blue Bet Premier
3rd Season - 5th Npower League 2 (Promoted Via play-offs)
4th Season - 3rd Npower League 1 (Lost the play-off final :'()
5th Season - 1st Npower League 1

Which brings us up to the present, my maiden debut in the Championship:

View attachment 367693

Currently sitting comfortably above the media predictions of 23rd place, that's for sure!

Now...the dilemma...I've been approached before, but the offers havn't been good enough for me to pause for thought..until:

View attachment 367707

Yeah yeah i know..might not look that great to some of you pro's! but to put this in perspective my current wage budget sits at 85k p/w - with a transfer kitty of 360k...

To add insult to injury, QPR are offering me a £17K per week wage. I currently earn £2.4K at Luton... If this were a real world decision - that alone would seal the deal!!

So, my basic goal in this, my first ever Football Manager save is to become disgustingly successful, rich and adored.

Who'se gonna help me get there quicker? Luton, who have risen quickly under my stewardship, but lack financial clout and suffer from sub standard facilities (despite my persistant board pestering!)

Or QPR - who have a stronger squad, better facilities....however:
They are already 17 points behind my weaker squad after 18 games and - i'm not whether this is a worry or a bonus...it seems most of the players contracts expire at the end of this season...

Thoughts and comments appreciated!

Squad depths added fyi:

View attachment 367718

View attachment 367719

Agree see it through if you keep performing then prem teams may take a shot with you !! Qpr would be a quick fix

When I get to this sort of decision, I then make it into two different saves, and just take two different saves down different routes.

If you stay there will be trouble, if you go there will be double...

Do what above says ^ :)

You can still achieve great things with Luton. Stay with them

stay at luton, but it looks like you are going to be in trouble next year if you go up.

If I were you, after promotion to the PL, I would PLAN on going back down. In doing so I would focus on developing a core of young borderline PL players who would stay with me on the drop, develop, win the championship, then return to the PL in fantastic shape to compete for a mid-table/euro league spot.

If you think you can hold on to a promotion or even play-off spot, I would stick with Luton. Getting into the Premier League will do more for your wage budget than staying in the Championship with QPR - even if, as mwhitehorn says, you should plan on taking the money and going straight back down.

Agree see it through if you keep performing then prem teams may take a shot with you !! Qpr would be a quick fix

Thanks for all your comments guys - I decided to tell QPR to shove it!
Would have been nice if my board publicly thanked me for my commitment mind ;)

A mere 8 games have passed since my first post, things are still going swimmingly:

View attachment 368053

So it's probably time for the next dilemma...it seems that the bigger fish are starting to bite!

View attachment 368055

Cripes, they are offering me more than a third of my current wage budget as a personal salary...
Think i may be morally obliged to tell them to shove it too (H)

I say go with Villa, it's what I would do anyway, think about how it's going to be if you get promoted do you think your Luton team is good enough to play in the best league in England?

Thanks for all your comments guys - I decided to tell QPR to shove it!
Would have been nice if my board publicly thanked me for my commitment mind ;)

A mere 8 games have passed since my first post, things are still going swimmingly:

View attachment 368053

So it's probably time for the next dilemma...it seems that the bigger fish are starting to bite!

View attachment 368055

Cripes, they are offering me more than a third of my current wage budget as a personal salary...
Think i may be morally obliged to tell them to shove it too (H)

STAY.. Get them into the prem, a bigger team WILL come calling.

Do you want to take them to glory?... or you want to make a move to a bigger club like manchester/chelsea..or even like southampton/westbrom?

Take villa. Avoid relegation and then go for Euro Cup. You have an acceptable squad and a lot of money.

I must be a sucker for punishment guys - I really thought about the move to villa, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. The fans need me :p - I almost regretted the decision when, , about 6 games ago my star striker, the man who has put 30+ in the back of the net in the last 2 seasons got sniped due to a 2.5million release cause in his contract - still..no one to blame but myself.

Guess I'll have to find a way to make it up to the fans...

View attachment 368538

God we're in deep trouble now!