popey81

Reaction score
Ive been manager of AFC Wimbledon now for 4 years now and im doing pretty well. Below are some screen shots of my current situation and im in 2 minds on what to do.

Im currently £8k over my wage budget and i have no transfer fee's. Ive had no fee's since joining and have had to sign free transfers all the time. The only way im going to get back into the black is to get rid of 3 or 4 key players and i think that will start my decline.

As you will see below Charlton are offering me a transfer budget. There a bigger club but do i stay with the club ive Won league 2 with, the FA Trophy and promoted from the Conference Premier with. Decisions....Decisions...

approach.png

Untitled1.png

Untitled-2.png

Untitled-3.png

I think you should stay until your contract ends or atleast finish the season and see how you feel then mate :).

Photobucket it broken i think, i put 2 pics of the team on there and its showing the league twice and non of my team lol.

Or is this just on my laptop?

Im gonna have to get rid of about 3 big players in the January transfer window, One of my star players handed in a request as he wants to go elsewhere so thats gonna be one of them, one of my strikers will probably have to go as he is 3rd in my pecking order and i play 1 up front.

Im filing my stadium every week of 4500 but theres no funds to expand and im in the red....Just dont know what to do right now so ive paused the game for a bit lol

If I was you I would probably move although I would weigh up my options for a good while;)

depends, if you have a paisson for afc wimbledon and want a bigger challenge stay at wimbledon if not go to charlton

Ive really grown attached to them and want to see glory at the club, i also want to take them further but without the funds i dont think ill be able to. The stadium needs expanding sharpish for me to start bringing in more money but theres no funds for it lol

I'd stay but be wary. I was promised a new contract after getting to Championship, and was totally screwed over. Was gutted because I'd grown very attached to the club :(

They left it until the end of last season to offer me an extention and it was only a year one. The news feed kept saying they feared i may go so i am being wary, at least Charlton were offering a 2 year contract. I think ill stay until the end of the season, but ihope i havent made a mistake

I believe The Clash tried to answer that question in the 80's ;)

On topic: Save the game now as Wimbledon, take the job at Charlton and make a 2nd save. Enjoy both that way :)

Bit naughty by charlton by not getting permission from your club :p. Anyway, I would recommend you stay at wimbledon but if you have any doubts save it now with wimbledon then take over charlton and make another save to test it out.

if i was you, is finish my season then declare intrest in a few jobs that catch your eye mate:)

I decided to carry on with AFC, its going ok so far although i did just lose 3-1 to MK Dons at home which is probably the worst result i could have hoped for this season! Hopefully ill get revenge at there place

I'd have walked straight out of the door... especially if Charlton have a better squad on paper.

You'd have been able to attract a better quality of player to Charlton too, but you'd have met AFC Wimbledon in the play-off final and they'd have stuffed you!

such is life :D

I believe The Clash tried to answer that question in the 80's ;)

On topic: Save the game now as Wimbledon, take the job at Charlton and make a 2nd save. Enjoy both that way :)

Doesn't the game lose its magic that way ? My advice to you pope is , just make a decision. Flip a coin.. it has helped me in life (H)

I have decided and i decided to stay on at AFC Wimbledon. Its hard for me to put a good session in at the moment because the lovely people at work have had me in 9 days on the trot, today is day 7 of 9, ill be able to see where i end up once ive got my 4 days off over xmas. Ill let you know how i and charlton ended up. Hopefully i made the right decision.

First thing i need to do though is get the wage budget down and keep the board happy.

sell one or two fringe players and use the money from the transfers to increase the wage budget - sorted!