Should "King" Kenny be sacked?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gary MTFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 7K

Gary MTFC

Reaction score
Roy Hodgson P17 W6 D4 L7: 22 points - Sacked.
"King" Kenny Last 17 PL games - P17 W5 D6 L6: 21 points - Kenny Out?!

Thoughts?

*I'm not a United fan or anything*
:P

No, despite the fact Liverpool aren't doing that well in the league doesn't change the fact he won some silverware recently, albeit the Carling Cup.

No manager could do well in the league with that squad. Ew.

I very much doubt that he will be sacked, as the fans,board and club love him. Also, he did bring a trophy to Liverpool. The simple thing is though, for a team that has spent so much money on strikers there not good enough and should it have been someone else other that Kenny Dalglish i think he would be under pressure as the stats suggest.

Absolutely not. I might be an Everton fan, and he may have made a few mistakes, but some of the players have let him down. The fact that Carroll looked disinterested yesterday summed it up. There's enough stupid sackings going on right now so he needs more time.

No he wont. Kenny has the backing of the fans, Hodgeson did not. Dalglish needs 2 things, firstly he needs both Lucas and Gerrard fit for majority of a season and 2. He needs to buy a decent striker upfront with Suarez cause seriously Carroll is beyond a joke in that position now.

Ill add to that by saying he needs to remove some deadweight to, get rid of Stewart Downing (He is beyond useless) and bench Adam. Its not Kenny that is failing, some of his players just arent coming to the party.

IF we're not going to give the King time then no one can succseed here.

It was the style of football under Hodgson that was really bad but the results were pretty bad as well. Liverpool were never going to do amazing this season but they're back in Europe so next season they can attract better players and push on from there

The other night, saw Danny (member on here) going crazy on twitter about Kenny, wanting him sacked.

I made the point that the team needed time to gel, and that he had won some silverware and got them into Europe, to which the reply was, 'You're not looking at the bigger picture'.

It would be interesting to know what 'the bigger picture' is?

The other night, saw Danny (member on here) going crazy on twitter about Kenny, wanting him sacked.

I made the point that the team needed time to gel, and that he had won some silverware and got them into Europe, to which the reply was, 'You're not looking at the bigger picture'.

It would be interesting to know what 'the bigger picture' is?

Instant CL qualification and the title by the sounds of it. I distinctly remember a certain ex-Liverpool player saying on the radio he wanted the title. Hmmmkkk....

He ended our trophy drought. Let's not dismiss him too early. Rafa won us our last trophy in '06. Hodgson couldn't do it. Kenny did.

And before any of you sad bastards say "It's only the carling cup" - A cup is a cup, despite the size.

Edit; Let's not turn into Chelsea, sacking a manger every season.

He ended our trophy drought. Let's not dismiss him too early. Rafa won us our last trophy in '06. Hodgson couldn't do it. Kenny did.

And before any of you sad bastards say "It's only the carling cup" - A cup is a cup, despite the size.

Edit; Let's not turn into Chelsea, sacking a manger every season.

Agree. Too many fans disregard the CC. Loads of fans demand silverware and yet dismiss that trophy as the mickey mouse cup.

Agree. Too many fans disregard the CC. Loads of fans demand silverware and yet dismiss that trophy as the mickey mouse cup.

My point exactly. I am really happy about winning the CC. At least it's a trophy, and gets us into Europe, should we fail more. Silverware is silverware. Fair enough, for a club like Liverpool, we should aim for bigger and better things, but we can't expect winning the treble after only a season.

It was the style of football under Hodgson that was really bad but the results were pretty bad as well. Liverpool were never going to do amazing this season but they're back in Europe so next season they can attract better players and push on from there

Yup.
We've bought some complete ****, but it's not all Kenny's fault, it is also Comolli's and the scouts faults also. Partly the reason we're doing so badly, what we need to do is sell some of the **** (Adam, Carroll etc), bench Downing, Henderson etc, and make them squad players. And actually buy some ******* talent for once. Then, and only then will be challenge for the top 4.
But to respond to your answer; no.

No, no he shouldn't. He's not doing amazingly, but he's turned Liverpool round and he's won them a trophy. Give him time.

Sad thing is there's now clubs outside the Prem following Chelseas example and doing kneejerk sackings which is what Liverpool should avoid. They should just follow Evertons example. Stick with the manager, and success will come. Yes our success isn't trophies, but we've had great spells without overspending, but more importantly sticking with the manager ensuring stability. Dalglish is no mug and he will come good.

Interesting point about his track record compared to Hodgson's. TBF Roy's style of football is what got under a lot of Liverpool fans' skin, but IMO a lot of the fans had made their mind up about Roy before he had managed a game. Kenny will always be given a lot more tolerance and support than Hodgson because of his status with the club. Also Hodson's signings took a lot of stick but Kenny's have been worse IMO.

He'll not be given time. Call it a feeling in my bones or something. This summer is lining up to be a messy one.

He'll not be given time. Call it a feeling in my bones or something. This summer is lining up to be a messy one.

Sacking him? bad idea, i think he needs to up his overall performance (think there would be far more criticism if it wasnt Dalglish in charge) and the transfers have been largely dire, though I believe Comolli shares the blame here too. But transitions take time.

Yes, very much so. In my opinion anyway.

But will he? I can't see it.. A large majority of the fans have there head stuck so far up his ****, it's unreal, and I can't see the board risking upsetting 80/90% of our fans, who want him as manager.

His tactics/team selections for most games have been wrong, and this is one of the things the majority of Liverpool fans seem to agree on, I'm also not sure he knows that we do have subs on the bench, as once he does use them it's normally around the 80th minute, with which they can't really make an impact, which they're suppose to do once coming on.

Adam has been pretty **** this season for us, despite being top of our assist leaderboard, but he has been poor, and he should have been dropped from the team, and Henderson should be playing CM, while he's been there he's been much more effective then when he's been out-wide, then that opens the wide space for Kuyt/Maxi, and onto Maxi, he has the best goal/game ratio in our team this season, yet he can't get a game? His well-timed runs into the box are what we've lacked, if you watch us.. Once Downing/whoever is wide get's a cross in, we rarely have more then 1/2 players in the box waiting for it. Which is one reason why we've lacked with goals.

His tactics/decisions aren't always right. I don't think he is the right man to take us forward, so I can only hope he gets the sack, or realises this and step's aside. And I want Rafa back.. He got his tactics right most of the time, unlike Kenny, and unlike Kenny his signings were quality.

Reina; Arbeloa, Skrtel, Agger, Aurelio; Alonso, Lucas, Mascherano; Benayoun, Torres, Riera - All signed by Rafa for a cost of £88m

I think we paid pretty much the same for Downing, Carroll, Suarez & Henderson... And with the exception of Suarez, the other 3 have been useless, although I blame Henderson's poor season on being played in the wrong position.

Back