Should "King" Kenny be sacked?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gary MTFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 7K
You do realise we just lost our best defender for the season and have had more injuries than any other team? But:

Suarez 21m
Carroll 35m
Henderson 16m rising to 20m
Adam 7m ish

Suarez doesnt create a huge amount either, its not had the huge impact you think losing him.

Liverpool should be doing better regardless. Shouldnt be sacked, but he should be doing better.

You do realise your manager has been at the club for 20 years, and ours has been here for 1? But:

Torres 50m
Meireles 12m
Babel 6m

I never said it had a huge impact.

I agree.

Sacking him? bad idea, i think he needs to up his overall performance (think there would be far more criticism if it wasnt Dalglish in charge) and the transfers have been largely dire, though I believe Comolli shares the blame here too. But transitions take time.

Aye, they do. But lots going on.

You do realise we just lost our best defender for the season and have had more injuries than any other team? But:

Suarez 21m
Carroll 35m
Henderson 16m rising to 20m
Adam 7m ish

Suarez doesnt create a huge amount either, its not had the huge impact you think losing him.

Liverpool should be doing better regardless. Shouldnt be sacked, but he should be doing better.

Those figures would be intimidating if they weren't offset by the huge income of the Torres sale, plus the small sums raised from the shrapnel of Konchesky, Jovanovic, N'Gog, Babel and notably Meireles, as well as a few others.

Agree with the first and last lines, mind.

Valencia has had a series of injuries this season and received another month long injury when he had probably been our best player. Vidic has barely played this season. Cleverley and Anderson have been gone for basically all season now, when they were integral. Young was out for a couple of months.

You're well off-topic fella.

I totally forgot it's me who makes the decisions concerning managers at Chelsea..

I totally forgot Chelsea fans are always right behind their managers.

You're well off-topic fella.

How? You used injuries as an excuse as a lack of performance and pointed to United claiming if we'd had injuries we wouldn't be where we are. Listing our magnitude of injuries alongside us being where we are refutes your claim to it being an excuse.

How is that off topic?

Those figures would be intimidating if they weren't offset by the huge income of the Torres sale, plus the small sums raised from the shrapnel of Konchesky, Jovanovic, N'Gog, Babel and notably Meireles, as well as a few others.

Agree with the first and last lines, mind.

But he still spent that amount of money. Just because he sold Torres for £50m doesn't forgive wasteful use of that money. Opportunity cost, amirite.

How? You used injuries as an excuse as a lack of performance and pointed to United claiming if we'd had injuries we wouldn't be where we are. Listing our magnitude of injuries alongside us being where we are refutes your claim to it being an excuse.

How is that off topic?

Well, if you look at the two situations, Kenny still has pretty much the prior squad to work with whereas Fergie has had 20 years, to build his own therefore he should be prepared for injuries. My comparison to United was wrong (forgive me for not really following our biggest rival) though had any manager been at a club for a season and had the injuries and a racism saga involving one of their best players, I'm sure they'd struggle slightly.

I totally forgot Chelsea fans are always right behind their managers.
Who's said they were?

You're spouting random things to do with a posters club in this thread as a way of retaliation, you obviously want the last word so go ahead if you won't talk about your club.

But he still spent that amount of money. Just because he sold Torres for £50m doesn't forgive wasteful use of that money. Opportunity cost, amirite.

In that case, not taking sales into account, I assume Fergie has spent a ridiculous amount of money.

Well, if you look at the two situations, Kenny still has pretty much the prior squad to work with whereas Fergie has had 20 years, to build his own therefore he should be prepared for injuries. My comparison to United was wrong (forgive me for not really following our biggest rival) though had any manager been at a club for a season and had the injuries and a racism saga involving one of their best players, I'm sure they'd struggle slightly.

Kenny and Liverpool themselves turned it into a saga. Injuries are part and parcel that every manager at every club deals with.

Who's said they were?

You're spouting random things to do with a posters club in this thread as a way of retaliation, you obviously want the last word so go ahead if you won't talk about your club.

It annoys me that people of other clubs think Kenny should be sacked. Especially fans of clubs who change their manager season by season.

In that case, not taking sales into account, I assume Fergie has spent a ridiculous amount of money.

He has indeed, he has also returned. I made my argument on opportunity cost, I fail to see how Fergie is in anyway a comeback to that point.

Kenny and Liverpool themselves turned it into a saga. Injuries are part and parcel that every manager at every club deals with.

The F.A turned it into a saga. I never said they weren't.

Who's to say he made the signings? From what I hear, Damien Comolli's the driving force behind most of the ins and outs at Anfield. That's not to say Dalglish doesn't have any input at all, of course, but I'd imagine that he just gave the okay to most of the players Comolli earmarked.

And out of the four mentioned so far, only one of them has been properly bad value for money. Henderson's promising and is only going to get better, Adam is a useful squad player and still one of the best long passers in the Prem, and Suarez is Liverpool's biggest threat.

The F.A turned it into a saga. I never said they weren't.

So did Liverpool, very public, very dragged out. Whatever people feeling about the rights and wrongs of the decision Liverpool helped drag it right out till our last meeting together

Who's to say he made the signings? From what I hear, Damien Comolli's the driving force behind most of the ins and outs at Anfield. That's not to say Dalglish doesn't have any input at all, of course, but I'd imagine that he just gave the okay to most of the players Comolli earmarked.

And out of the four mentioned so far, only one of them has been properly bad value for money. Henderson's promising and is only going to get better, Adam is a useful squad player and still one of the best long passers in the Prem, and Suarez is Liverpool's biggest threat.

Dalglish has the final say. Adam was the only player, he himself told Comolli he wanted.

So did Liverpool, very public, very dragged out. Whatever people feeling about the rights and wrongs of the decision Liverpool helped drag it right out till our last meeting together

The F.A dragged it out and the fact you're not able to appeal against their decision is laughable, as was the report. That being said we're straying a little from the topic.

Back