Should "King" Kenny be sacked?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gary MTFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 7K
We're not Chelsea, everyone is still behind Kenny except for the blag Liverpool fans. We need try and finish with an FA Cup win though and start rebuilding for next season which will need to be a successful for Kenny if he is to stay.

We're not Chelsea, everyone is still behind Kenny except for the blag Liverpool fans. We need try and finish with an FA Cup win though and start rebuilding for next season which will need to be a successful for Kenny if he is to stay.

Its not really about getting behind Dalglish, its about him doing better and pulling his finger out as a manager. Should he stay? Yes. But he has got to improve, along with the player.

Think its pretty fair that he recieves some criticism.

Last edited:
Its not really about getting behind Dalglish, its about him doing better and pulling his finger out as a manager. Should he stay? Yes. But he has got to improve, along with the player

Read the end of my post.

Oh, I see. So because I want Kenny out I'm a 'Blag Liverpool Fan'? Don't be silly.

If Roy was still the manager, and we were in the exact same position, you'd all be shouting for his head. But as it's Kenny, and as I said a large majority have your head stuck up his ****, you can't see it, can you? At this point last season, if I remember correctly we'd played the exact same games, and had the exact same points.. Spent £100m'ish, and can't even move forward in the league.

Fantastic.

I'm in two minds. I think the CC win and hopefully the FA cup will be good springboards for next season. I agree with you all about the players needing to step up just as much as the manager.

I'd want to give him the same money to invest this summer in transfers, whilst at the same time not knowing whether to trust him or not with it after the bunch that have just come in. Ack, I don't know, he deserves another season to see how he goes, but if we can't get fourth next season after some considerable spending again, I can see a lot of supporters getting on his back.

Oh, I see. So because I want Kenny out I'm a 'Blag Liverpool Fan'? Don't be silly.

If Roy was still the manager, and we were in the exact same position, you'd all be shouting for his head. But as it's Kenny, and as I said a large majority have your head stuck up his ****, you can't see it, can you? At this point last season, if I remember correctly we'd played the exact same games, and had the exact same points.. Spent £100m'ish, and can't even move forward in the league.

Fantastic.

If Hodgson revived the club after a bad managerial period, got the fans behind the team again, played relatively nice football, had his season derailed somewhat by a long-term injury to one of his top players (and tactically his most important) but still competed and most importantly WON A CUP, 'Pool fans would be shouting for his head?

Hmm. Not sure about that.

Last edited:
If Hodgson revived the club after a bad managerial period, got the fans behind the team again, played relatively nice football, had his season derailed somewhat by a long-term injury to one of his top players (and tactically his most important) but still competed and most importantly WON A CUP, 'Pool fans would be shouting for his head?

Hmm. Not sure about that.

Yes, very much so. Thousands of Liverpool fans have been asked this question already on Twitter, pretty much all came back and said yes.

Fantastic.

There's a pretty good reason we 'have our head stuck up his ****', fickle fans like you are a shame to the club to be honest. I rarely see match-goer's spouting the **** you are. If Kenny doesn't feel it's working out, and feels it was in the best interest of the club that he left, I'm sure he would. Explain to me how the **** he has spent 100m'ish? He has spent 38m'ish and has cut the wage bill massively. We haven't moved forward in the league from last season however injuries to Lucas, Gerrard and the laughable Suarez saga (which totalled a 9 game absence) may have had a little to do with it? Though I'm sure fans like you don't take things into consideration when deciding when a manager should be sacked,

Kenny's so **** he won us our first silverware for 6 years and we're still in another major competition. Look at the bigger picture, hypocrite.

Yes, very much so. Thousands of Liverpool fans have been asked this question already on Twitter, pretty much all came back and said yes.

Bollocks, I attend every home game and a fair few away games and haven't spoke to one proper Liverpool supporter who wants Kenny out, though wanted Roy out back when he was in charge.

Ah, Twitter, that bastion of good sense.

There's a pretty good reason we 'have our head stuck up his ****', fickle fans like you are a shame to the club to be honest. I rarely see match-goer's spouting the **** you are. If Kenny doesn't feel it's working out, and feels it was in the best interest of the club that he left, I'm sure he would. Explain to me how the **** he has spent 100m'ish? He has spent 38m'ish and has cut the wage bill massively. We haven't moved forward in the league from last season however injuries to Lucas, Gerrard and the laughable Suarez saga (which totalled a 9 game absence) may have had a little to do with it? Though I'm sure fans like you don't take things into consideration when deciding when a manager should be sacked,

Kenny's so **** he won us our first silverware for 6 years and we're still in another major competition. Look at the bigger picture, hypocrite.

Few things, he has spent around 100m, also all clubs get injuries, part and parcel of the game. And given Suarez's finishing since he joined, not sold on the fact losing him for 9 games had such an impact. That said agree somewhat on giving him time.

Few things, he has spent around 100m, also all clubs get injuries, part and parcel of the game. And given Suarez's finishing since he joined, not sold on the fact losing him for 9 games had such an impact. That said agree somewhat on giving him time.

No he hasn't, he has spent around 38m. Not to such important players for such periods of time. Had Rooney and Nani been out for the times Lucas and Gerrard have I doubt use would be top of the league... Suarez's finishing isn't exactly all he gives us, if it was he would probably be in the reserves.

Football is a game of opinions, slating people or calling them 'blag fans' for wanting him out is ridiculous. I'm not agreeing with either poster but doing the above seems like an easy way out of debating the stats.

IMO backing a manager because of his past success is wrong but only human so I can't fault loyal Kenny fans for that but I'd want him out if he didn't have such a rich reputation at the club or if it was Roy/any other manager in charge..

Pretty much all of these thousands? You read them all?

No he hasn't, he has spent around 38m. Not to such important players for such periods of time. Had Rooney and Nani been out for the times Lucas and Gerrard have I doubt use would be top of the league... Suarez's finishing isn't exactly all he gives us, if it was he would probably be in the reserves.

You do realise we just lost our best defender for the season and have had more injuries than any other team? But:

Suarez 21m
Carroll 35m
Henderson 16m rising to 20m
Adam 7m ish

Suarez doesnt create a huge amount either, its not had the huge impact you think losing him.

Liverpool should be doing better regardless. Shouldnt be sacked, but he should be doing better.

100% he should not be sacked. Look at the lackluster squad he has and the performance some of the players are putting in then re-evaluate even asking the question. Something not mentioned enough is the way we play football now under Kenny, we may not be battering teams but we have played the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City off the pitch this season, something you couldn't say before.

The fact your club has had 7 managers in 8 seasons speaks volumes really.
I totally forgot it's me who makes the decisions concerning managers at Chelsea..

Valencia has had a series of injuries this season and received another month long injury when he had probably been our best player. Vidic has barely played this season. Cleverley and Anderson have been gone for basically all season now, when they were integral. Young was out for a couple of months.

Sacking him? bad idea, i think he needs to up his overall performance (think there would be far more criticism if it wasnt Dalglish in charge) and the transfers have been largely dire, though I believe Comolli shares the blame here too. But transitions take time.

Aye, they do. But there's other things going on.

Back