nuzikdude

Reaction score
Firstly this is a rant about how people are posting tactics of their top teams, now lets be honest with decent coaches and top teams it doesnt take long to turn a tactic about. Winning the league, with chelsea, man utd, inter milan. **** whats the point. If you cant win the league with them you have issues.

Now for those of us that like a challenge and like to play the game in the doldrums what success are people having?

Ive tried a few different formations but to no avail.

I can dominate games but get beat by teams or not dominate and draw games.

Who's playing what?

This.

Oh you won the league with Barcelona, impressive.

I'm playing with Coventry city also like a challenge why I play with weaker teams way more frustrating lol but end of the day its a game :) currently 14 games in the league sitting 2nd media predicted me to finish 15th so pretty happy lol using my own 4-2-3-1

Haha, I do feel the same.

I tried with every team (Schalke, Swansea, Nantes and Ajax) to play a high tactic with a high pressing.

In the end, always the same issue, you take goals from long crosses or your defenders let one guy go and it's done.

Same goes for the goals you score, I feel the crosses are WAY too important in the game atm, like with a striker that is good at heading and good crossers, it's pretty much game.

My favorite system has always been a 352, and I'm sick and so tired of the eternal 433 that we see since FM10.

The thing is, the 3 5 2, requires so much from the FB that the counter attacks are deadly. I'm working on one, fitting my teams a lot, and not a typical plug and play cause it doesn't seem to work anymore.
I know the game is recent, but SI Games tried to change their ME to have a better approach of it, and stop the plug and play. This is both good and not, players are not all looking for the same thing so... Let's hope a good plug and play will come in the future, but knowing how to tweak others tactics to fit your team could be really beneficial now.

Thank **** i am not the only one.
kudos for doing so well at Coventry.

I've manged to make some great possession and passing tactics but no point in the lower leagues as the players aren't adept enough for them. So you end up having the ball and doing ****** all. Alot of hit and hope.
My defenders seem to regardless who i have been watch the ball go over the top. But sticking them as deep would ruin some of the other areas of the game.

Celtic any chance of some screen shots etc to what you have done player positions and instructions.

I've tried listening to the coach to try and get the best from them where they advice this that and the other but **** coaches dont help lol

I will upload when get home tonight I get avg 61-63 % ball possession in league one pretty stoked on that lol I do change small things in game depends on how other teams attacking and some but my defence been pretty solid can't complain but also crosses are a problem or defender rushing out to take on striker and passes it wide and boom cross goal hahaha

I tried in last year Fm a Save with United. Won the league in the first season and bored it easily. Every year I try a save with A.C. Milan or Napoli because I like the challenge to beat juventus. Last year tried something different , took on Stuttgart and managed to win the league (once) and the Euro Cup (the same season) in my total seven seasons as a manager there. Also I have a memorable save with West Ham in FM15. I stayed there for many seasons amd made the team unbeatable. My tactic there was a 4-4-2. I was lucky to find amazing regens who realy lifted my tactic. The key players were my two wingers. Each of had more than 20 assists every year. Another attempt was with A.C. Milan in FM14 with a 3-4-1-2 tactic. \the best tactic I have ever created but unfortunately did not work in any other FM...

Anyway I totally agree with you. Presenting a tactic as great and use as an example for this tactic teams like Barca , Real , Man UTD etc is totally pointless...

Totally agree

Totally agree pal, all tactics on here work to a point. Unless your mid to low table teams. Then you just get hammered because your defence is sitting on the half way line.....currently working on a tactic with chievo, sort of a 32311 counter attack. Working ok at mo as haven't conceded for six games, sitting 3rd but it's only start of December. God they really do have a rubbish team with no funds ffs!

im playing this very basic tactic just now with bournemouth it seems to do the business and is something i think with a better team will dominate regulary
View attachment 119261

its even managed to do this
View attachment 119258

its no super tactic as mentioned but the better the team the better you will do

Simmed a season and took over an unplayable team (Weymouth) who were promoted to Conference South. I have a little bit of money to play with, but reputation wise I struggle as cant attract any decent players. In my 2nd season now and have avoided relegation narrowly. Kept a structured 4-4-2 with defensive fullbacks and try to play on the counter. Dont seem to get hammered but struggle to score. Need to try and tweak it a bit!

Agreed. What's the point in showing off the cunning way you lead barcelona to glory. you can basically be blindfolded and place neymar-messi-suarez randomly and you'd still be top contender for every trophy (same goes for arsenal, man utd, psg, any of the top 3 portuguese teams, etc).

Another two things i've noticed is people always show home results. it is indeed important to show how you can dominate difficult sides at home, but I always found it 1000 times more challenging to get the result away.

The other thing I was talking about, I think people should post the chances created/chances against. That's how you really measure a tactic. Even if you draw/lose a game against hull, if you show you only conceded 1 half chance and created 5 ccc and 6 half chances, then it shows more promise than a 5-0 win against arsenal at home with 2 ccc, 2 half chances and a corner (and conceded, for the sake of arguing, 1 ccc and 2 half chances, a reasonable rate in such a game, specially in fm2017).

also, couldn't the tactics sections be divided by sub-sections such as 451, 442, 433, 3 strikers, 3 defenders, other, or something?

ok, rant over.

Last edited:
For those in the lower divisions that are reading the thread, i seem to be having more luck having False Nines. They seems to play better and i still create chances. I played for years with Complete Forwards even good ones but False Nines really seem to be where its at. I also never used to play counter i used to play control but counter seems to be really good now and doesnt mean you dont control the ball it just means you will look to keep the ball and break quickly when you can.

In summary

False Nines
Counter

I have been playing with FC Porto, I have been having a decent run on the CLs mainly with my 4-1-2-3 formation, however I play youngsters mostly and with that I have topped The group with PSG, Anderlecht and one more club.

However the possession game on the tactic has given me 55-65% possession and a lot of goals in 34 games (83). And won the league, up next is the CL for me.

well done but you are really in the wrong thread here. This is for lower league teams not top teams in top divisions.

Gotta agree, anyone who can go 46-0-0 with Leeds Utd deserves a medal.

Anyone who then can go 38-0-0 in the Prem with them deserves a knighthood. I've tried a few tactics and a few of my own and still no real luck.

How can they play with top teams and have fun for seasons is beyond me, i can only managed them for 2 seasons and get bored after winning everything

I took over Toulouse FC this year, big fan of purple and also they managed escape relegation by 1 point last season,

I always disable the first transfers to add realism to my game, also i knew that they would be broke :) only got one loan Lautaro Martinez as back up(didnt really add much to my side),

In this one i was thinking maybe i can stay in league first season and try to build upon the young talents like Issa Diop, Bodiger, Pi and Blin. They all played really well Issa Diop is a real gem and only 19 years old. Jimmy Durmaz is like a poor mans Robben

To my suprise i managed to finish 3rd!! :) . I started using WARLORD's tactic as i was using the same formation already and it really works i tell you. Been playing the game for like 19 years, there is no shame using someone elses tactic imo, i just cant watch every game and analyze them,

I still dont have any money to spend (3 mil i guess but the wages are huge problem, so no spend for me)

Lets see what the **** im gonna do in CL or more realisticly Europa League :))

Last edited: